Grindhouse

indy500fan

vlcsnap220912ah2.png

Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez pair up to do a homage to 1970's exploitation films, also known as grindhouse cinema. The movie, cunningly named Grindhouse, is actually a collection of two movies. One is directed by Quentin Tarantino and the other by Robert Rodriguez.

vlcsnap214826ad3.png

Here is a page with links to the trailer, the small one is 15mb just because it is HD.

The question is, can they pull this off? Personally I have a lot of faith in the Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez team and think this will come off really well. Obviously it is going to be a little different for mainstream, there are a few parts in the trailer that most people will see that they wont understand. Like the woman with a gun for a leg, they are going to see that and think this is some crappy cheesy movie and are going to wonder why it is even being advertised. Of course we all know better, we know it's supposed to be crappy and cheesy, but we know that that is what makes it great.

Just in case you can't view the trailer, at the end they put the release date. April 6, 2007.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I'm looking forward to it. People will see it anyway, and applaud it. Weither they get it or not; it's TARANTINO. I'm a bit sceptical about how things are going to work out though. Could be that they're trying just a little bit too hard. But looking forward to it nontheless. They're having trailers in between the two parts as well. :P

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

It's definitely going to be hard to judge it objectively. I am probably going to be one of those that like it regardless of how good it is, just because it is Tarantino/Rodriguez. I'd like to go into it completely open minded, but I know I won't be able to :D .

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• 2 months later...

GODDAMN! This is old news already, but I just heard it. Outside the English speaking countries, Death Proof and Grindhouse are going to be released seperatley. What kind of sh*t is this?! Unbelievable they're doing this, all for the money.

grindgousefinalposter5szr9.jpg

:(

I'm going against my principles now, and I'm going to download it. Ther's no way I'm going to see it in cinema if it's released this way.

21o4pav.jpg

GODDAMN! This is old news already, but I just heard it. Outside the English speaking countries, Death Proof and Grindhouse are going to be released seperatley. What kind of sh*t is this?! Unbelievable they're doing this, all for the money.

grindgousefinalposter5szr9.jpg

:(

I'm going against my principles now, and I'm going to download it. Ther's no way I'm going to see it in cinema if it's released this way.

Why the hell did they do that? It doesn't make any sense. They can't be that hard up for money.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Mmm, I've heard many things about this movie and it scares me.

Apparently, their going all out to make it look like and old movie, so they are going to be adding in fake splices, fake crinkles, and stuff like that...

I'm going to be so panic-y watching it (if we get it).

~M

I've still not heard anything about a UK release :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

A chick with a gun for a leg, give me a break. :notalk:

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Why the hell did they do that? It doesn't make any sense. They can't be that hard up for money.

They think that the Europeans and other countries aren't known with the concept of Grindhouse cinema, thus splitting it up to make double money outside the USA. It's creepy.

21o4pav.jpg

Big headed American film bosses think that only they had exploitation cinema. The UK was a massive market back then.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You don't understand the concept of exploitation cinema

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

You don't understand the concept of exploitation cinema

Of course I do, and having a girl with a gun for a leg isn't exploitation it's just stupid. Peckinpah was considered exploitation at one time, except he did it in a mature way and had reasons for it. Tarantino is just imature.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping up since the release is tomarrow...

I just finished putting the movie togather, and it isn't as scary as I thought it would be. I had been hearing warnings about it having burns, splices, crinkles, and all sorts of things. All of them are film effects instead of actual things. Whew...

The intermissions looks fun. It has 3 trailers. "Dont", "Thanksgiving", and "Wearwolf women of the SS." And maybe 2 commercials.

12 reels long is huge! I have a 9:00 class, and if I start the movie at 11:30 tonight, I will be able to get home by 3:00.

Sure hope it's going to be good.

~M

I hate Quentin Tarantino, i hope he fails. His older stuff is alright, but Kill Bill was the worst movie ever. I can't believe he is still getting work. Ugh. Sorry for the rant lol.

Anyway, its a weird idea. I know some people will love it, and some will hate it. We will see.

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com

Looking like the UK is gonna get it released properly, back to back and with the fake trailers :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Well, I watched it.

Planet terror was really good. Imagine 1970's zombie movie, and you get the general idea. Terrible gun wounds, amazing one liners :P Yes, it was ridiculous, but come on, did you like superman? That guy flies through the air and is invincible....

Intermission trailers were amusing.

"Wearwolves of the SS" was a Rob zombie trailer. It looks absolutely horrible :P Something I'd have to see.

"DOn't" didn't seem too good. "If you want to go into this house, DONT! If you are going to open this door, DONT!"

"Thanksgiving": I don't remember what that was about. I just remember some guy killing a lot of people on thanksgiving day in Plymouth...

Deathproof was the let down. I was hoping it would be really really good. I mean, come on, look at her. http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0462322/Ss/0 ... y%20Tamiia

It was slow, and the storyline didn't really go anywhere :| If I'm right in thinking, Tarentino did Death proof, and it had a killbill esq style. And I just didn't like it. It did make me laugh a couple of times though :)

~M

I got a ride to school with my nabor and he was talking about skipping school starting at 12 just to see it. it must be good.

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

haha, it was great

The "prevues" were funny as hell

@misplaced - Thanksgiving was a spoof on Halloween, a guy going on a killing spree on a holiday =D

who else noticed the Scary Movie 4 sign getting trashed?

who else noticed the Scary Movie 4 sign getting trashed?

Yep :D .

It was pretty awesome, I mean really awesome. A week or two ago on digg there was an article about getting ready to see it. It said the best way to see movies is to go into it not thinking too highly of it, so you are extremely pleased with how good it turns out. So it made a list of 10 reasons why it could be better. Reading that list turned out to be a good idea, it worked exactly like it was supposed to. Well, it did at first. After the opening "preview" I was in the mood and forgot totally about anything bad.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Man, both movies were fabulous, as were the previews. I preferred Death Proof over the other, but they both had their good and bad aspects. I just loved the ending of Death Proof. :lol: I went in expecting fairly cheesy movies, and that's what I got.

rangesig.gif

Cool not too much longer to wait then. How the hell and I gonna be able to convince my mates to go and see it lol? Either i'm going to have to lie to them about it, or take someone else like... umm... my friends sister :roll:

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi