Horror of Meiyerditch [PIXEL - COMPLETE]

Faelenof

Cheers for that, PJB. :D How do you suggest I define the nose more, though? I'm pretty terrible with facial features and I've tried fiddling with the nose a bit, but none of them look any better. Any suggestions?

Faelenof.jpeg

Pixel Artist - Former Player Mod - Former Tip.It Mod

Not taking sig requests - sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

After yet another ridiculously long slump in updates, I bring you the latest one, completed last night. :)

ce03b288.png

As you can see, I've redone the Vyrewatch in the background entirely, started on the walls and the fire and stuff.

On the Vyre subject, I've changed his colour scheme (except for that pasty-grey skin), changed the wing position, made him stand farther back in the pixel and a few other tweaks with his clothing. Face shading is still very iffy, all suggestions to fix that are awesome and rewarded with cookies.

Started on the background, as you can probably tell. Fire, the stone torch-holder thing, and of course the brick-ish wall of which the shading style is owed to Terley from an old suggestion to PJB on one of his earlier pixels. :)

Other minor changes are to the forecharacter's face which looks much better (thank you PJB for the c/c), fire-ish highlights on the shoulderplates, defined the muscles on the chainmail a little more, and a pixelled out vial.

At the moment I'm suddenly at a loss of what to do on the ground. I'm leaning toward some that royal-evil theme at the moment, so perhaps I'll continue with the reddish theme and have a reddish rug with some design of gold or something. Any suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Faelenof.jpeg

The vyrewatches left (our right) leg is weird at the knee. I think make that clearer by bringing the top of the calf muscle out a bit. or changing the shape of it completely :P I would make the wing's show that they are attatched to his body more, maybe by adding the stumps of the wings to the shoulders or something. This is just an idea but a black hood, I think, would add to the evilness of them and might make the face easier. If you don't go with this idea I would give him some kind of low black hair, like a stereotypical emo, might make it better. I would give them more leg muscle too because they look weird at the moment. Kudo's on the wall and fire, it's looking spectacular.

Keep it up :P

ooo

I found you :D

I'll share my bit of Cc

Guy on right:

1.The 'right arm' is looking like a straight rod, the shading you did on the hand is also making it look inflated, however the hand on your first attempt was perfect

2. You would need another lighsource for any colour or light on his front anyway

3. The guy needs a bit more forehead, less area between eye and mouth and a chin.

4.The shoulder anatomy is awesome, however bring up the right one a 'little' bit, or bring the head down a bit?

5. The stuff on the shoulder needs a bit of gravity on it, - the second 'scale' would 'fall' a bit.

6. Chest muscles shouldn't show through chainmail.

7. The hightlights on the shoulderpads should be your current midtones and the rest be shadow (due to current lighting conditions)

Nothing to the Vyre for now (8

Tip: Don't add weathering till the end.

neo.png01 vet :)

Baby_Neo.png

Coming along pretty well so far.

As for the floors maybe marble with gold trim?

here's a pretty bad example that I threw together on photoshop of what it might look like:

2gtahc6.png

:|

Oh yea and, nice meeting you in game, and heres a screenshot of my death/healing...29dk7rk.png

:-s

1z2zrwo.jpg

*yawn* sorry rather tired, anyway, on to the CC im sure your waiting for :wink:

shoulder pads are still wrong, unfortionatly its a linework change not a shading change >_< they need a sharper angle, so one is more sitting atop the shoulder while the other is more inclined down his arm if you get me.

vyre needs a thinner neck and a less in-your-face mouth, for that i suggest using AA to bland it, and that does include cutting into the white, not just arround the edges...

the fire in the torch looks ok, however the whisps are too simetrical, place one higher the other lower, and posably make the right hand one bigger.

the fire holder is weirdly shapped, not quite sure, only suggest that you add more (darcer) shadding to the bottom of it.

wall texture looks very nice =) just be carful about how darc you make it espec close to the fire, good you got the glow right tho =)

vyres wings... hmm, i guess i can never be happy with them, looks like black lines stil, unless thats v darc shadding, eitherway it looks wrong, and i still dont like the angle :-k maybe make his right wing more visable, while taking his left the other way, angle and perspective thing.

foreshortening on the v thingys right arm is weird, maybe a shading problem, just incredably short compaired to the upper right arm >_<

vyres feet are maybe a tad long, and his right is rather pointy/angular in places.

not to sure about the 'spears' head, linework is great just the shading, i guess its that the blade is too light compaired to the rest of it.

the guys cape doesnt have much flow, or atleast its in bad directions, should always be in one direction.

not to sure whats on the frount of the vyre, the cross thing, define it more.

vyres torso has weird shading, really darc all of a sudden, it kills the shape, more contrast in shading please.

guys face is better but the nose is still weird >_<

thats all i can see so far, will post any more

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2

The vyrewatches left (our right) leg is weird at the knee. I think make that clearer by bringing the top of the calf muscle out a bit. or changing the shape of it completely :P I would make the wing's show that they are attatched to his body more, maybe by adding the stumps of the wings to the shoulders or something. This is just an idea but a black hood, I think, would add to the evilness of them and might make the face easier. If you don't go with this idea I would give him some kind of low black hair, like a stereotypical emo, might make it better. I would give them more leg muscle too because they look weird at the moment. Kudo's on the wall and fire, it's looking spectacular.

Keep it up :P

Give my vryewatch emo hair and I'll toss you off a bridge. ^-^

But it's coming along very nicely, Jazz. I'm very happy with this update. I'm assuming the potion won't be closed, though, because of what we discussed at the very beginning of this whole process. I still really want that.

But great job! Keep it up, and listen to all these wonderful suggestions.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

• 4 weeks later...

Urgh, after a hours of ploughing through this pixel both yesterday and today, I do believe I've finally finished it.

0b1be1c9.png

Most noticable difference from the previous update is that the shades are considerably lighter. No idea how I was able to work with such a dark palette before (Outsanity, if it's too light for you, feel free to fiddle with some Brightness/Contrast effects.)

Finished off the wall texture, finished the torches, textured the floor (the stylised 'D' stands for Drakan, who's the lord of the Meiyerditch, and considering the character is stealing something from some royal chamber, so it's only fitting that the emblem is of it's ruler).

Also added the text. Now that was difficult.

It's not likely I'm going to be making major changes to the pixel now, I'm ridiculously sick of this piece - which is not uncommon for me, so don't take it personally, Outsanity. :P

And for the version that fits Tip.It forum size limitations...

7fc6068a.gif

There doesn't seem to be too much quality loss.

Thanks, everyone, for your c/c, and enjoy your pixel, Book. :)

Faelenof.jpeg

51 colours in the pixel itself, and a massive 116 colours with the text. :-# I did a sort of transparenty effect on the text using Macromedia Fireworks 4, y'see - it was a little difficult pulling the smoke effect off when I was so not into the pixel anymore. >< Got a bit lazy, I admit.

I'll post a version without the transparent effect tomorrow (without it, colours are reduced to 54. :shock: ). It doesn't look half bad without it being transpar-itised, now that I look at it.

Right now, I'm beat, heading to bed. :P

Faelenof.jpeg

Verry nice and since you are sick of this piece

my only cc will be make the border more obvious

really lick the bricks and the text and the way you handled the chainmail

with is one of the hardest things to pixel if you can't figure out the right technique.

whatcw4.giflol3qy2.png