Horror of Meiyerditch [PIXEL - COMPLETE]

Faelenof

'ello Gallery-ers and random passersby! I'm back with a new pixel, but this time, it ain't for me, it's a gift to a good friend of mine (hi Outsanity!).

As I did with my salamander pixel (as seen in my siggeh), I'll post a little blurb about what's happening. In this pixel, the character is in the Meiyerditch - which, for those of you who don't play Runescape any longer, is a town under the tyranny of Vampyres, under the constant watch of patrolling Vyrewatch. The citizens, in a nutshell, are 'farmed' for their blood.

So, we come to our heroic hero, who has heard of a legendary potion in the depths of the mazelike town, and dives in to search for it. He finds it upon a stone statue of a female vampyre, and, overcome with curiosity as to what this potion actually is, he opens it.

Behind him, one of the Vyrewatch loom.

0b1be1c9.png

After a month without updates, you'll have probably figured out that I'm simply bored with this piece - which is not uncommon for me, so don't take it personally, Outsanity. :P

This is as good as finished to me, probably not going to make any major changes regardless of c/c. I guess I've just gotten to the point that I can't take any more of this. :P Thanks to everyone who contributed and provided advice, it's most definitely appreciated.

Earlier versions (newest to oldest):

ce03b288.png

c6b9fd3a.png

Faelenof.jpeg

Pixel Artist - Former Player Mod - Former Tip.It Mod

Not taking sig requests - sorry!

Whoo, update! Blocked out the Vyrewatch behind him, though I'm concerned about the anatomy and the perspective... if anyone would be so kind as to ease my fears about terrible perspective, it's greatly appreciated. :P

664ce36e.png

C/C is always welcomed, as are suggestions. :D

Faelenof.jpeg

I know no posts can lead to lack of motivation so I'll post for ya :D I like the idea, theres not much to C/C on. I think that a good idea for the BG would be the mines that you get sent to if your caught :)

looking pretty good to me so far :) only a few possible little problems i see...

1) the head may be too small on the char in the foreground

2) also the legs seem slightly too short on the second char (in the bg with wep)

3) the feet of the second char (in the bg) seem to be facing the wrong way, you may want to play with it, see which angle looks better and less.. 'dislocated' :wink:

you've got a very lucky friend, goodluck with this siggeh :D

by the way, i adore your new avvy :shock:

turtsigs2.jpeg

Featuring in my sig: TURT, ma pet turdle!

Thanks to- Runemetsa and Aijiru for two of the great sigs!

Thanks for the comments, Hiim and Shadow. :D I'll add that to my list of things to do, which at the moment consists of...

- shortening the left arm of the foreground character a little

- adding a hood (oops, forgot. X_X)

- enlarging the head a little (although adding a hood may just fix up the head size... we'll see)

- lengthen legs and fix up feet on background character

Cheers for the c/c. :D I'll get right onto it tomorrow. ^^ At the moment I'm feeling a little lazy. :P

(The avvy was my entry for the pixel sig comp. :P Glad you like it. ^^)

Faelenof.jpeg

blockcharcol1.png

Quick post. Basic colours of characters are done, crits appreciated, as is help for the colour and shading of the vyrewatch (background character).

Thanks as usual. :)

Faelenof.jpeg

You shortened the wrong part of the arm. The length from the elbow to the wrist was fine how it was (it was proportioned with the right arm) but the length from the shoulder to the elbow was (and still is) way longer than the right arm's.

So yeah...that, and the left arm's "fattness" are the only two major issues I have with it. :)

Keep it up. :D

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

now we all know this cant be one of those posts again without me CCing everything... hehe

the hood is rather thin around the frout, give it a golden or silver buckle to thicken it out and give it a stronger look

the fore characters right arm is way to thin at the top and looks very bad, even if it is behind his chest its still disformered, needs thicker inverted tear muscle, and bicepts, also the elbow is out of shape

same characters other arm is too thick nearer the body, thin it out and define the muscles more

same character, this right sleeve is, again, to thin, that thatll be sorted with the arm im sure

same char, lean his body forward more, adds movment and action, and avoids a stale pose

add depth to the cape, have it curving at the edges inwads quite a bit, again action, drama etc

the back character now =)

its left wing (on the right) is too long and at a different angle, it needs to be shortened as a shaprer angle view is given.

the other wing needs to be longer, unless you want sqewd wings.

its top is cut shoret, yet i doubt his trousers go that high o0, add more flesh in there

dont forget its right thumb on the top of the halberd

have the top of the boot slicking out a bit, adds more of a sence of 3 dimentions as oposed to two, however this is also a taste thing

alough im not one to talk about head anatomy it needs a bigger forehead atm the head is rather round, needs more oval shape

it looks like a guy so make it that way unless it doesnt have its manhood :wink:

also make sure you do a good job of the background, i know you can =)

and good luck, its looking good so far =)

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2

PJB, I love you. Your c/c is God, and I'll fix it up when I have the time. :D

Kudos go to Rik and Pomar for the comments. :) Pomar, the head shape of the Vyre's face'll be fixed up when I get to shading it.

Faelenof.jpeg

Well, I've finally gotten off of my pixel block and have started up on this piece again, and bugger, is it hard to do chainmail. All c/c is well received on that, and on the general pixelling of the foreground character. Ignore the rest of it, I haven't done anything at all to them. :P

72fcf643.png

The shoulder plates are iffy as well, I should do a the light source to get myself into the feel of it as I'm not quite getting the highlights on the metal right.

Once again, if anyone has a method to do chainmail, please contribute... I'm likely going to tackle it again tonight, completely redo it or something if enough people tell me it's crap. :P

Faelenof.jpeg

I think it looks great so far :) I can't wait to see the finished product!

I love your avatar, btw <3:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I agree, looks nice.

Nice new sig trip, I liked your old one, but this one firs the season better. :)

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

to be honest, i vote that you leave the chain, looks great to me. it actually looks like chain mail, which is something i, and quite a few others, can never seem to get.

the first thing i noticed that seemed wrong were the shoulder plates on the main characters armor. they seem twisted towards the back. the points should be visible, because from teh angle of the arm is kinda showing the side of the arm if that makes any sense what-so-ever. also the chars left shoulder seems too low, and the right shoulder slightly too high. may be my failing vision though :lol:

nice work yet again :)

turtsigs2.jpeg

Featuring in my sig: TURT, ma pet turdle!

Thanks to- Runemetsa and Aijiru for two of the great sigs!

hmm, the should sections just fall down to much, its like he doesnt have very much in the way of shoulders o0 i suggest making the top one point out more, on both sides.

metalic, it needs a brighter highlight to give it a good metalic feel, atm its rather dull.

havnt really got comments about the chain texturing, im not the kinda person to ask about that since i dont have a clue... at least it looks like a chain as DS said.

arm arm looks good, right hand doesnt, well, between the fingers it just looks really weird, maybe too much contrast.

define the muscles more on his left arm, it kinda seems, well its weird around the elbow, make the curves clearer.

well, thats the chainbody and arms done for now ::'

its looking really good tho, so try and finish this =)

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

I think it looks great so far :) I can't wait to see the finished product!

I love your avatar, btw <3:

lmao, i agree with the avatar :P

<3:<3:<3:

its pretty awesome xD

ANYWAY xD

its looking great so far, forget baout redo-ing the chain unless it doesn't look right with the final product ::'

Hmm i like the update alot... however just because his chest is covered with chainmail doesn't mean that the chain doesn't have highlights like his shoulder pads... Might want to pop some of them into there to make it look more like metal

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

dont dither metal, it makes it look less metalic. the chain is cool. make sure you can get the old one back if you redoo it and don tlike it. i think the skin needs another midshade and less dither also. thats all for now.

bye bye =)

wop wop

hmm a thought about the cahin, you could always do it kinda tiled, ill try and find an image...

http://www.lrpstore.com/Armour/Leather/Deluxe-Leather-Scale-Mail-Body-Armour-Inc-Arms/p-20-38-315/

like that but metal...

admitly, not chain, but it keeps that metalic feel while still nicly teaxtured and there no need to dither with that either ::'

looking foward to progress =)

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

Thanks for the crits everyone, but obsessive nitpicking strikes again. I did redo the chain, and in my opinion it looks a lot better. :D See for yourself. ^^

c6b9fd3a.png

Face doesn't feel quite right at the moment, will probably redo that, and I'll probably touch up the cape at a later date, but I'm pretty much done with the main character (apart from the potion he's holding which I haven't quite gotten to yet). Hooray!

Just noticed, the light seems like it's coming from two different places. Reasoning behind that is that there are more than one torch in the room - although I'll admit in some places it looks really iffy.

Ugh, once again, I just spotted that the highlights on the chain aren't coming from the right place either. Will touch that up next update also, but the majority of the work on the next update will be on the Vyrewatch in the background. Planning to make him a whole lot thinner (anorexic vampyre-like, even), as, y'know, their diet consists of mainly blood.

C/C is appreciated once again. :)

Faelenof.jpeg

blood tastes nice :wink:

CC time ::'

whats that in his right hand? looks like linework to me! argh! sort it out =)

chain looks better now, infact more like real chainmail yet strangly combined with under carpet. but it looks fine i dont see any reason to change it =)

the movment in the cape doesnt flow correctly, too many lines going in different directions, it cant flow two ways at the same time! also the linework behind his left is rather messed up (the cape that is) dont like the crinkled effect, keep it straight like the other side.

the guy doesnt seam to have much of a nose, define it more, that may help sort out the face, also try defining his chin more.

ugh, just realised most of what ive said you have already said, i read the whole post, but it was at the begining and goldfish can beat me in a memory test >_<

oh a quick comment on the linework of that vampire thing, his right hand looks broken, i know what you intended but that can eb hard to show well, what i suggest is either move the wrist lower or have the bend at the elbow.

also a crit on the wing, as i said before i belive, they ar at the wrong angles, or atleast the one neareast (its left) is sticking out too much, and remember you dont want wings to spread out.

also his head needs to be longer, and the teath look weird, too perfect, i suggest adding 1px between the right fang and the top lipto make it more triangulkar, oh and toy with the idea of removing 1px of the other fang.

then top that all off with a sprinkle of fixing the left arm where it meets the torso, posably because it goes too far in, but im not sure on that.

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png