An old OTET idea I made (Essays!)

Lionheart_0

Well then all you off topic people. I know the Off-topic Events team has been disbanded, but there was an idea that I came up with (just didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t act upon it). This idea was of essays.

I know how you people like to debate and get into good discussions, so I have decided to mark you debates :P. This is a little competition on not who can win a debate, but who can convince me of their debate side of the debate. The essay can be on any topic you wish, but the format has some strict guidelines.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ Must be a formal Essay (I.e. Cannot use I, Me, We, or your opinions).

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ Everything must be factual (as in you can show me the facts to support)

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ No less then 750 words, no more then 1000 (These can be a bit flexible, but donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t hand me a 400 word essay, or a 1600 essay)

Now with this in mind, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d like to talk about the source of the facts. Obviously books ant be shown to me, so websites must be used. This means there are some factors that you must understand when using websites for sources.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ No .ca, .com, or any other site like that, except .org, .edu, or .gov.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ Wikipedia is a.org you might say? Well its not good enough. Wikipedia is not a trustable source, and if used, it you will be penalized.

I want to be a teacher when I grow up, so ergo I know some tools of the trade. I know ways of finding plagiarized (copied) essays, and if one is found, you will be disqualified.

The essays can be handed in by either PM or you can just post it. But if posted, no one is to copy and no one is to start talking about the essay topic.

One week to today is when the deadline is (Since I have one week of Christmas break left).

I look forward to all the essays and good luck! :D

P.s. Attempt to make your thesis a little obvious, I don't want to dig for it...

Edit: Just realized something you all might ask. What's in it for me? Well nothing really, but ill post the winner, and perhaps make a topic about the subject.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I think there should be more than one judge.

Originally it was meant to be that way. But I'm bored, and id like practise on look for thing in an essay, since I want to be a Teacher when i grow up.

If the OTTET ever forms back up again, ill make a new contest with multi judges.

fgfuyfyuiuy0: I just got your essay. You don't have to rewrite it to make it more words, but just realize it does come with a small penalty.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Fgfuyfyuiuy0: I just got your essay. You don't have to rewrite it to make it more words, but just realize it does come with a small penalty.

I don't care about the penalty. I'm just glad you read it. I'm bored :D

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

I might raise a slight concern over the non-use of "we" in essays, seeing how it can be used in a contextual or generalised sense.

I won't be writing an essay as i do far too many for english literature as it is, but if a judge is needed i'd be only to glad to help (marking essays is supposedly a good thing to gain extra marks =p)

PM me if you need

THE HORROR!!! It's like my AP English junior research project all over again ahhhhhh! You guys do this for FUN!? What's wrong with you guys?

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

:XD: Why are people freaking out about a little essay. Im letting you all do any topic, its fairly short, and it doesn't take much time to write it. Back in ninth grade this would take me about 2 weeks to write, but if learned how to make an essay in as little as 4 hours. Its very simple.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Um, what are we supposed to write about, or is that our choice?

Anything you want. But ill tell you this, there are different kinds of essays, and im aiming for a certain type, although if you give me other types thats fine, but they dont exactly tell me your position on something: Ie, Information essays just tell me about a subject, whereas an argumentative essays displays your argument on a subject.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Man you seem like my English Teacher.

Note: In Scotland for a credit grade we need at least 800 words, he's asking too much.

For like 50% of my mark in English, i need to write 4 essays, all about 750 words. Its quality, not quantity.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

"How to say nothing in 500 words" is a great essay written by a well known professor that seems to be slipping my mind right about now, but in anycase you all should read it. It is a great essay type piece of writing.

I might do it, but most likely not :)

Senioritis for the win.

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it

Nightmare, I will get down to one when I have some free time. Exact ending date?

~MAK

This Sunday, but if people want it left a little long, ill go along. lets just say, ill probably cut it off at the first 15 in. I have 1 so 14 left.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Nightmare, I will get down to one when I have some free time. Exact ending date?

~MAK

This Sunday, but if people want it left a little long, ill go along. lets just say, ill probably cut it off at the first 15 in. I have 1 so 14 left.

1... ohwell lol I guess people are trying to perfect theirs. ergg... How boring is my maths prep, we are going over indices for the 4th time :(

~MAK