Pool Table or Ping Pong Table?

jemathonical

ping pong can get lost easily

What? O_o

I'm pretty sure you won't lose a table and if you lose the ping pong balls, those are like 50 cents each.

I personally would go for the ping pong table, but maybe that's cause I'm asian and asian people love ping pong (it's true ::' ). It's a great social thing to do and...

it's what an asian would do ::' .

Ha, I'm part Chinese, didn't know that but thinking about the few who can beat me... yeah they're Asian.

But yeah table tennis table definately, it's all about doubles.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually get a pool table.

you can lay down a towel to play beer pong on.

ping pong is lame, we have 2 pool tables and 1 ping pong table in my dorm building, and no one ever uses the ping pong table.

Pool ftw, its classy ;)

ping pong can get lost easily

What? O_o

I'm pretty sure you won't lose a table and if you lose the ping pong balls, those are like 50 cents each.

I personally would go for the ping pong table, but maybe that's cause I'm asian and asian people love ping pong (it's true ::' ). It's a great social thing to do and...

it's what an asian would do ::' .

Lol, I was on a cruise with some ping pong tables and there were 2 asian people (father & son) and they were very good. And whenever they have like some kind of ping pong tournament on tv its always asian people winning it. I think they rig it so they always win.... :-k

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

$1000 wouldn't buy you a very nice pool table, so I suggest ping pong. It's loads of fun, I had a ping pong table, and then we ditched it for a pool table, and I'm happy with both. BUT, that's because we have a nice pool table... a bad one just isn't fun. I'd suggest getting a nice ping pong table.

summerpngwy6.jpg

$1000 wouldn't buy you a very nice pool table, so I suggest ping pong. It's loads of fun, I had a ping pong table, and then we ditched it for a pool table, and I'm happy with both. BUT, that's because we have a nice pool table... a bad one just isn't fun. I'd suggest getting a nice ping pong table.

Yeah very true. You can get an awesome top quality outdoor Table Tennis/Ping Pong Table for $1000 but you can't get a top quality Pool Table for that amount.

And I hope that whatever you get it goes inside, as I doubt they make weather-proof Pool tables. :wink: :P

Guest AshKaYu

Get good at pool and hussle people.

like in drake and josh :)

No, not like in Drake and Josh. Shut up.

Hater -talktothehand-

Ping pong is incredibly fun. Pool can be pretty boring.

Hater -talktothehand-

its not boring if you're any good

Guest AshKaYu

Hater -talktothehand-

its not boring if you're any good

And the same thing can be said for ping pong. I just find pool to be kinda boring, too heavy if you lose and too unimportant if you win.

Hater -talktothehand-

Actually I do hussle in pool. So that's why I didn't accept your example. I like both, but Pool makes me money.

1260955552084-1.jpg

I would say pool table since I'm an avid player myself, having spent over $1k on Pool Cues, and will try out for a spot in the National U21 team this year.

Pool is sort of a chess game, controlling the cue ball where you want to. If you're serious about the sport, it's really fun. You have to have a lot of mental dexterity to play pool though, since you need to plan 4-5 balls ahead, especially if you're playing 8-ball, figuring out the correct path to break out clusters of balls.

If you're a recreational player, get ping pong, pool can get boring easily.

For $1,000 though, I doubt you'll be able to get a good 9 footer. Maybe an 8 footer with regular cloth, no way can you get Simonis or similar cloth with the table for $1,000.

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

Hater -talktothehand-

Actually I do hussle in pool. So that's why I didn't accept your example. I like both, but Pool makes me money.

and money buys pants.

I like pants.

pants.

Pool is less asian.

They're both pretty asian. Now snooker, that's just plain unasian

Pool is very Asian.

The two main "Superpowers" in Pool are the Taiwanese, and Phillipines. Namely, Efren "Bata" Reyes, Francisco "Django" Bustamante, Wu Chia Ching(16 Year old WORLD CHAMP), Yang Ching Shun. These names are synonymous with 9-ball pool. No longer are the Americans dominating 9-Ball Pool.

Heck, this year's world champ was Ronato Alcano(Phi), and last year's was Wu Chia Ching (Tpe)

In snooker, asians don't dominate, I agree, but recently China's Ding Jun Hui has been giving players like Steve Davis, and Ronnie O' Sullivan the run for their money.

Now known as Vigoss.

Pool Table - lot more options available than Ping Pong.

Thats what I'm thinking

options like what?

How many different 'games' can you play of Ping Pong (like recognised games - not [cabbage] 'family' games)?

Pool Table - lot more options available than Ping Pong.

Thats what I'm thinking

options like what?

How many different 'games' can you play of Ping Pong (like recognised games - not [cabbage] 'family' games)?

Games like snooker and 8/9 ball, its pretty much the same thing. Ping pong, you can play doubles which is very different from singles. You can change your equipment which makes ping pong very different. From hardbat, short pips, long pips, inverted rubbers, speed gluing, theres a variety of different ways to play. As well as styles of play such as chopping, looping, driving, lobbing. You can play penhold, shakehands, jpen, cpen, seemiller. Theres different ways to serve, tomahawk, pendulum, backhand, reverse pendulum, high tosses. You can be more aggressive, defensive, or play a blocking game. Theres less variety in pool. The most you can get is planning ahead, combinations, trick shots, banking, blocking, and using english.

gr454rc.gif

Regardless of Doubles / Singles the actualy game-play hasn't changed though has it - hence: very little variation.

Tennis is a cheaper alternative.

In pool, you have 8-ball, 9-ball, 10-ball, Cribbage, Bank Pool, One Pocket, Texas Hold 'Em Pool, 15-ball Rotation, Straight Pool.

You can break soft, break hard, Power Break, break with draw into the kitchen and back out into the middle(Ala' Ronnie Alcano).

You can play Scotch Doubles, which require a lot of communication and team-work between the two players. You can play a Rotation game where three-four people can play on the same table.

Your equipment makes a lot of difference, Joint type, Ferrule material, shaft taper, shaft deflection(314 Shafts), Tip Diameter.

Styles of play include the masse shots, Jump shots, kicking, banking.

Even your delivery of the cue can vastly affect play, prefer the slipstroke of the Filipinos? The regular stroke of the Taiwanese? Or just simply the jerky, but effective stroke ala' Mika Immonen.

Now known as Vigoss.