Pool Table or Ping Pong Table?

jemathonical

Regardless of Doubles / Singles the actualy game-play hasn't changed though has it - hence: very little variation.

Tennis is a cheaper alternative.

actually doubles does change the game a lot. You see much different game play from doubles, and resulting in different strategies. Pool actually has one good advantage though, you can play by yourself.

marbles is also a cheaper alternative.

gr454rc.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pool is less asian.

They're both pretty asian. Now snooker, that's just plain unasian

Pool is very Asian.

The two main "Superpowers" in Pool are the Taiwanese, and Phillipines. Namely, Efren "Bata" Reyes, Francisco "Django" Bustamante, Wu Chia Ching(16 Year old WORLD CHAMP), Yang Ching Shun. These names are synonymous with 9-ball pool. No longer are the Americans dominating 9-Ball Pool.

Heck, this year's world champ was Ronato Alcano(Phi), and last year's was Wu Chia Ching (Tpe)

In snooker, asians don't dominate, I agree, but recently China's Ding Jun Hui has been giving players like Steve Davis, and Ronnie O' Sullivan the run for their money.

I know, I was born in the same province as Reyes and Bustamante

Regardless of Doubles / Singles the actualy game-play hasn't changed though has it - hence: very little variation.

actually doubles does change the game a lot. You see much different game play from doubles, and resulting in different strategies. Pool actually has one good advantage though, you can play by yourself.

marbles is also a cheaper alternative.

Table Tennis you can play by yourself, if you have a good table. You can just flip one side of the table up and play against that.

Oh and by the way, playing with a cardboard box is a cheaper alternative. :P

buy a ping pong table and a pool table with no legs (one that you can just stick ontop of another table), and u can play both!

babelfish - level 180 60th place

strongguy - level 173 69th place

You can still play pool after a few beers, in fact some people even get better. :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You can play pool by yourself, and it's great for 2 people, and okay fun for 4 people. Table tennis you can play with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and more people (play ins and outs) (although the amount of action you get decreases as the number of people increases.)

So really I think pool is much better for a home - mainly because you can practice my yourself (sure, playing table tennis against the table is good for your hand-eye coordination, but it's not what I'd call fun) and generally you don't have lots of mates around at your house all the time (which is what makes table tennis lots of fun.)

Also in pool, if you're playing someone who is less capable than yourself, you can go for harder shots and challenge yourself, wheras in table tennis you either beat them really quickly or you look silly just tapping it back at them and that's not much fun either.

So yeah, my vote goes for pool table, unless you have something odd like 2 siblings (so there's 3 of you) and you all always like to do things together, in which case table tennis would probably be better.

The point about the cost of a good pool table is a valid one though :-k

Pool Table - lot more options available than Ping Pong.

Thats what I'm thinking

options like what?

I know of one at least.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

One question:

Can you lean over the behind of a hot female showing her how to use a Table Tennis Paddle? :wink:

... After that, I'm thinking pool.

Chicks. Simply. Love. Pool.

-Mitch

New sig to come!

One question:

Can you lean over the behind of a hot female showing her how to use a Table Tennis Paddle? :wink:

Yup :P

OK, I'll rephrase. "Without asking her to bend over for you..." :-w

-Mitch

New sig to come!

Guest AshKaYu

One question:

-Mitch

Yup, get behind her and hold her hand while she swings. Even better because you can jump a bit forward!

Definitely go with a pool table. Think about your future. You're more likely to spend your early 20's in bars than in a buddy's garage playing ping pong. It's something that could benefit you much more in life than knowing how to play ping pong. Win money in bars, impress ladies, and have some pride knowing you're good at a cool game that can create an instant bond with other guys.

And if you're crafty at all you'd get a ping pong tabletop and get a pool table and put the ping pong table on top of the pool table, and you have yourself a pool table and a ping pong table.

peterstretchfn5.gif

I was at this one house with some friends and it had a pool table and the top of a ping pong table to lay on top of the pool table-worked perfectly

Awesome, would that be under $1000.

And was it 3/4 size, because my mum wants at least a 3/4 size pool table if I get one

well, i bought a pretty sharp pool/ping-pong table. It was 7 by 4 ft and it was only 300 bucks, get a slightly better one fer mayber 700 and spend the rest of your money on other stuff. I dought the store has only these 2 things.

- Enough off topic-ness about signatures,names, and such -

You could get a 3-way ping pong table!

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/070102/480/ ... d4b7ea0d93

but my vote still stands for the pool table.

or you can get a pool table and a ping pong table top as stated before of course.

1z2zrwo.jpg

One question:

-Mitch

Yup, get behind her and hold her hand while she swings. Even better because you can jump a bit forward!

I can wholly vouch that this is true :anxious:

Awesome win, i'd op for the ping pong myself, i've got one, great fun for parties, especially when you run around with the bats and balls after a swim and give people welts :twisted:

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"