EverythingPhotography. The one and only thead [Large Images]

ThoseTheBrokes

Thread name changed.

As long as it stays in one topic, it is allowed to discuss everything about photography.

However, when you are going to talk about specific directions of photography,

you might get less responses because it might be to confusing.

-woopidoo2.

Can we all use this magical method to help make this page load faster?

Instead of using img /img when pasting an image URl, use the highlighted url instead:

imageshackly6.png

Thank you.

And thankyou :wink:

This is a serious photography thread.

Mm'kay, Seeing as my last thread was quite popular but sadly got locked..

Please keep your bad thoughts about others to yourself.

This is a general disscussion about photography techniques, lenses, filters, styles, themes etc..

I myself have a Canon Eos 400D.

I like to take photography of anything, But I'll make them interesting.

I'm taking A-level photography, Which I really am passionate about.

I hope to have a future career involving photography.

It is ok to post your photos here in order for them to be discussed.

So, Go ahead.. Discuss :D

I'll upload some photos later.

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love looking at photography, but have never taken an interest in actually being a photographer. Come to think of it, I would actually like to begin and expore photography a little deeper, broaden my knowledge about it and have a go.

So, how do you think a beginning photographer should start out. By the way, I love abstract photography, any-way I could incorporate that?

-Mitch

New sig to come!

Oooh.

Depending on how serious you are there is a massive price range.

Digital SLR's are the top of the game.

From ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã500-ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3000.

Then there are the standard digital cameras.

From ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã100-600.

If you want to go 'old school' you can buy a film camera.

Which involves the whole developing, enlarger, red room thing.

I'd say start with a basic digital camera, Start being creative, Take photos you like, things you think will work, Show them to others, If you have the skills, You could invest in a digital SLR.

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

i always think about getting a digital camera every christmas/birthday when i have a lot of money that i dunno what to spend on, but i always change my mind, i just wouldn't use that much but i like taking photos of stuff = ( what i really want is a video and camera in one but they are like ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã200 even for the rubbish ones

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

you can get a digital mini slr for about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã150-300 such as the fuji finepix s5600 and others in that series. i have that personaly and i find it great, its exelent value ad does everyhting i am looking for. it could be better megapixels wise (5mp) and it drains the batterys fast, but then most digital slrs do...

i love hotography but only recently got more serious about it with the arival of my s5600 for christmas, i love it, everything about it, and then enjoy doing photomanips afterwards.

i was considering taking it at A-level (next year) and was wondering what people taking it thought about it and how good it is, so yeah comments about it would be very useful ::'

also to people wanting good video, lots of features and options for full auto to full manual have a look at the fuji finepix s5600 on amazon, for only about 140 quid you can get this amazing camera

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2

i was considering taking it at A-level (next year) and was wondering what people taking it thought about it and how good it is, so yeah comments about it would be very useful ::' PJB21

Wow, I didn't know they came that cheap.

Er, Do it!

A-level photography, You won't regret it.

I originaly chose it because it seemed like an easy relaxing lesson compared to my other subjects, I wasn't to keen at first and prefered my other more boring subjects, but the tables turned.

I fell in love with it straight away, It's quite a time consuming lesson and even out of school hours, you should be doing work.

Coursework is great fun, But i guess it would change for what examing bored your on.

Although, It can get quite tedious when you start using film cameras, developing and making sure you don't ruin the film, I've ruined my film many times which has made me fall hours behind.

I think that's pretty much it.

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

cool, what have you been having to do for the cw, like whats the content of the course?

also its suggested you spend as much time out of school hours as you do in school for each subject o0

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2

cool, what have you been having to do for the cw, like whats the content of the course?

First course we had was to make a tesselation using images, We were set homeworks like.. Taking photographs of Natural STP [shapes, patterns and textures] Manmade STP, Geometric shapes [Found in bridges, pavements etc..

Second coursework [Doing now] Is either documentary/studio/story.

So, Im doing documentary on outdoor sports, So i'll start putting together a folder full of contact strips, images, and final product.

Also.. The course has to be done 50/50 film and digital.

also its suggested you spend as much time out of school hours as you do in school for each subject o0

Err yeah, Of course I do.. :-$

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

My Mum has a pretty nice Sony Cybershot Digital Camera. I think I might start using it. I have a pretty good idea to what I'll be taking pictures of the next time I pick it up... Probably a picture, at some weird angle of my guitar. Or something along the circuit board aspect of things... I think all that kinda' stuff has alot of meaning to me. But then, would it make meaningful photographs?

-Mitch

New sig to come!

My Mum has a pretty nice Sony Cybershot Digital Camera. I think I might start using it. I have a pretty good idea to what I'll be taking pictures of the next time I pick it up... Probably a picture, at some weird angle of my guitar. Or something along the circuit board aspect of things... I think all that kinda' stuff has alot of meaning to me. But then, would it make meaningful photographs?

-Mitch

I like photographs because you can capture what you see and you see what you like.

You can personalise something that you admire and make it yours in your own way.

Like you said, Your guitar, Taking it from different angles make it even more interesting for not just you, but for people looking at it.

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

Right now I'm doing AS level Animation, it's the first A level animation course to run in the UK. A lot of lens based work, such as stock frame and stock motion animations, but now we've gone onto flash animation, which is fun.

worldsz7.jpg

So, how do you think a beginning photographer should start out. By the way, I love abstract photography, any-way I could incorporate that?

I think you should get a Nikon D40 or D50, they're the best beginner SLRs. However you could quickly grow out of them. Perhaps looking for a D70s would be useful. There are probably other makes that would do but I'm a nikon man. Unless your talking about the EOS 5D =P~ Full frame CCD =P~ =P~

You could maybe use a standard lens with a close up filter but you might want to invest in a macro lens. This would let you try abstract photography with flower close-ups. You'll need a tripod though. It's easier to learn on a digital camera with a good manual mode. Get the best camera you can afford with lenses. Learn how to use it. Keep it until you've reached your limit.

A few of my good photos: Link

So I enjoy photography and in the summer this year I'm gonna try to get a qualification in photography. There is an open university course I can join but they cost a bit. So I wonder if I would be better getting an SLR... :-k

I use an SLR-Style camera at the moment. I like it so I'll keep it 'till I can afford a Nikon D70s/ D200 :roll: I'll be an old man but hey! :XD:

Ooh sounds cool, post the results if you do it.

I really like that picture. How much did that camera cost btw? Sorry I don't know very much about cameras, but to get effects like that, do you have to use a camera that uses film?

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

The picture of the Street.

Was taken using a Canon Eos 400D which cost ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã500.

Including a 18-55mm lense.

It's a Digital SLR, So no film was used.

Also, It was taken on a 15-30 second exposure time, I can't remember exactly.

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

So how do you get that effect with the camera, and is it an effect most digital cameras have or just the fancy ones like yours? And what's a digital SLR?

MY FAVORITE BAND:

So how do you get that effect with the camera, and is it an effect most digital cameras have or just the fancy ones like yours? And what's a digital SLR?

I'm not sure if all digital cameras have them..

But it's done using a long exposure.

Err.. Basically, I set it to 15 seconds, Clicked to take the shot, Shutter opened, 15 seconds later, Shutter closed.

Which is how it captures all the light in those lines.

SLR, Single Lense Reflex.

I can't really explain it easy, So just skim through this..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-lens_reflex_camera

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

I too find i like photography very much. I ended up taking a black and white photography class this last semester (just as a schedule filler and no brainer class), but it turns out the class was harder and more intriguing than I expected. I'm still a novice, if even that, so I'm still learning different ways and methods to shoot photographs

I got a Canon A640 for Christmas and i haven't been able to stop taking pictures since. Here's a few examples of my favorite shots, feel free to use them for whatever if anyone wants to.

IMG_0261Small.jpg

Playing with Color accents^

IMG_0181Small.jpg

Playing with Shutter Speed at 15 seconds while rotating the camera (on the freeway)^

IMG_0174Small.jpg

More color accents at a gas station^

IMG_0271Smaller.jpg

Sunset^

Edit: by the way, those are some pretty awesome looking shots/manipulation you all have posted

Yea I'm pretty sure my camera doesn't have a setting to change that. I have:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/ ... 445support

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/camera/ ... /show.html

My dad said he paid $225 for it about 3 years ago. Fairly nice at the time, but nothing special because I was going to be taking it on my missions trip with my youth group to NYC that summer so.. I'm kind of interested in getting a decent one. Maybe I could sell this on ebay?

MY FAVORITE BAND: