Reset

Maxidataxi

Disclamer: Dont read this if you're immature and hug pixels more than your mother. thank you.

Doesnt anyone mind how everyone is getting max stats? I mean you're max level you got max skills then what? when i started playing this game and that was a loooong time ago it was fun running around lumbridge killing people , making gangs killin people in the scorpion mining pits, not getting your message starred out randomly whatever you type. The game is loosing its glory theres no more fun any more thousands have maxed there levels and i dont see the fun in that at all.

I say they reset the levels. I know all the people that go like "let go its just a gameee!! duuh!" will fall in tears after reading my suggestion of reseting all characters to level 1 (that would be really hilarious but anyways). The contract you sign with jagex when making a character says its possible for them to do that without facing any charges at all. If they do that the game would be 500x more fun. People are creating those stupid "SKILLERS" anyways why not just do a reset?.

rotnsig.gif

Join the movement^

So Jagex would just reset the levels just like that, causing people to quit in their droves and lose them a stack of money? Or they could carry on bringing out fresh updates and try and keep the people happy that they already have? It's a no-brainer.

So what if other people have maxed their stats? I haven't nor am I likely to do so for a long time (like ever). I play when I can for the enjoyment of playing. If you are not getting that enjoyment or are jealous of other players with their high stats then maybe you should just quit and not post poor threads like these.

What's wrong with skillers by the way? They are just playing the game how they want. Combat is only part of the game.

Also: this is clearly not a rant, its just a very poorly written thread

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

hmmm, throwing away billions of collective manhours spent on the game, reducing all the things people have played, strived for and accomplished gone in one push of a reset-button.

I would say, about half of the people playing this game would find a different button too: 'cancel membership' (conservative estimate). People on F2P having high stats ? Do you think they'll continue to play ?

It will cut down severely on the (active) player base and as a result will heavily influence Jagex' position on the advertising market, simply because they have a smaller player portfolio to offer to potential advertisers. Less revenue, from memberships and from banners. Jagex having to cut back on staff, servers, anything.

Yep, let's just push the reset-button Jagex, because some people are supposedly starting to lose interest in the game. Instead of Jagex pushing a button, how about pushing one yourself: 'create new character' ?

DutchDreams.png

You said yourself people are making these low level skillers. Why reset, if it's so easy to just create a new character?

Some people may be bored with their high level characters, but what of the ones who aren't? Why should they lose time (and money if p2p) just because a few people are bored.

The examples you gave in your post about what you missed from "the old days", none of those would be brought back just because everyone was lvl 1 again. In fact, from your post, the only reason it seems that you'd like it done is to laugh at all the people that don't want it to happen.

Disclamer: Dont read this if you're immature and hug pixels more than your mother. thank you.

Doesnt anyone mind how everyone is getting max stats? I mean you're max level you got max skills then what? when i started playing this game and that was a loooong time ago it was fun running around lumbridge killing people , making gangs killin people in the scorpion mining pits, not getting your message starred out randomly whatever you type. The game is loosing its glory theres no more fun any more thousands have maxed there levels and i dont see the fun in that at all.

I say they reset the levels. I know all the people that go like "let go its just a gameee!! duuh!" will fall in tears after reading my suggestion of reseting all characters to level 1 (that would be really hilarious but anyways). The contract you sign with jagex when making a character says its possible for them to do that without facing any charges at all. If they do that the game would be 500x more fun. People are creating those stupid "SKILLERS" anyways why not just do a reset?.

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

Ahem, there are actually a total of 8 people maxed out, not thousands. Resetting the game would have actually ZERO point for Jagex. THey'd lose money, players, and lots of advertising.

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

Ok so basically what you're saying is that Jagex should just randomly wipe all our stats at any given time. Can you just imagine how many people would quit, and most would be members so Jagex would lose a lot of money also.

You get a skill to level 99 one day, come back the next morning, and oh look!, your stats have been reset to 1! Real good idea.... [/sarcasm] <.<

Also, please explain to me how logging on and seeing all your stats wiped makes the game 500x more fun. I'd be very interested to know.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

Not everyone is maxed out. Who has...

All skills to 99?

All rares?

All mini-game rewards?

Fire cape?

All quests done?

Everything in the game completed?

Thought so. :notalk:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Well, there's no way this will happen anytime soon, but if enough people

max out Jagex might make a progression server like EQ has already done.

This way the people for want to start at the beginning can do so if they

wish. Keep in mine the new skills wouldn't be on it yet, you would have

to "unlock" them. Plus you couldn't move your runescape character that

you have now to that server, and you couldn't move the character you

make on that server to another server either.

Love, Trust and Pixie Dust!!

I think you should all chill and listen to him. It is a game. Seriously, you people take this game faaar to seriously. If you really play Runescape because of the game play you wouldn't give a damn if your character was set to 1 because you love it so much. Do you play for the gameplay or the hiscores?

Though I'm completely against a reset, as the idea is purely ludicrous both in the minds of most players and the company of Jagex, my sig agrees with the rest of your post.

I think you should all chill and listen to him. It is a game. Seriously, you people take this game faaar to seriously. If you really play Runescape because of the game play you wouldn't give a damn if your character was set to 1 because you love it so much. Do you play for the gameplay or the hiscores?

Most people play for the hiscores and for a slight increase in their ego, or friends and competing with them (again, hiscores).

C'mon, I get bored at the frikking Dagganoth Kings, this game isn't exciting or fun because of the basic gameplay people.

Not everyone is maxed out. Who has...

All skills to 99?

All rares?

All mini-game rewards?

Fire cape?

All quests done?

Everything in the game completed?

Thought so. :notalk:

It's all relative. Sure, not everyone has them, but do they seem all that great anymore?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I play (and pay a monthly fee), to raise the skills. I don't want all that money and time that I've put into this character to just be erased so that I can do the same thing that just making another character would accomplish.

As for listening to him, for what point did he have to erase the levels? None. He talked about making gangs and pking outside lumby and the scorp pits. Neither of which would come back if everyone were level 1 again. Same with the censor block.

Maybe if there was a logical reason (and I don't see that happening), it would be worth listening too or discussing. But as it is, it's just a post to suggest a rather silly course of action by jagex.

As for the part about hiscores. To me, all a suggestion about a reset is, is someone who is jealous that they can't get at the top of the hiscores and wants Jagex to make take away someone else's work so that they have the chance.

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

Point taken however it just irritates me when people mix "working for the stats" when it really should be "playing for your stats". The mentality that some people play runescape with sometimes worries me. That was really only what I agreed with him on, I know it would never happen though.

Doesnt anyone mind how everyone is getting max stats?

Why would anybody mind how somebody else decided to play their character? Seriously dude, that's like worrying about what newspapers your neighbours like to read.

I mean you're max level you got max skills then what?

Any of a number of things that have already been mentioned... including starting a new character.

when i started playing this game and that was a loooong time ago it was fun running around lumbridge killing people , making gangs killin people in the scorpion mining pits, not getting your message starred out randomly whatever you type. The game is loosing its glory theres no more fun any more thousands have maxed there levels and i dont see the fun in that at all.

Having maxed out stats hardly prevents you from doing any of that.

Reads more like you're annoyed that other people have higher levels than you and instead of working to increase your own stats you'd simply rather they were knocked down a peg or two. Get over it.

siganizq4.gif

A suggestion, not a rant.

Moved

Acually it still is in the suggestions forum.

I dont think I need to say anything based on what others have said, I agree with them.

A suggestion, not a rant.

Moved

Acually it still is in the suggestions forum.

I dont think I need to say anything based on what others have said, I agree with them.

I didn't move it FROM suggestion to rant. It was in rants, is not a rant and was moved to suggestions.

So Jagex would just reset the levels just like that, causing people to quit in their droves and lose them a stack of money? Or they could carry on bringing out fresh updates and try and keep the people happy that they already have? It's a no-brainer.

So what if other people have maxed their stats? I haven't nor am I likely to do so for a long time (like ever). I play when I can for the enjoyment of playing. If you are not getting that enjoyment or are jealous of other players with their high stats then maybe you should just quit and not post poor threads like these.

What's wrong with skillers by the way? They are just playing the game how they want. Combat is only part of the game.

Also: this is clearly not a rant, its just a very poorly written thread

exacly. if you get 99 smithing which takes millions on millons of gp then what? you have to start over makes no sence. you work so hard for these skills, why just through them away?

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

These people are so addicted to the game they wont quit. And zezima will go like "kha kha! now i khav to becam namber van again!!"

Are you a dumb cow pie? Are you lower level then everyone else and feel inferior? Are you just jelous of Zezima because he is the best player?

Why reset all of people's hard work. They can still do all that stuff on a new account, and I don't see anything wrong with skillers. Are you just jealous that they have a lot more xp then you but are only level 3?

happysigbp0.jpg