Albino Panda plus Wet Otter!

hiimben

Yeah, there's that or Polar bear. What with the positive reviews from friends about my Eagle avatar. I decided to continue the idea with a new animal. Without further adieu, Say hello to my little friend.

polarbeargolddp9ms.png

Rate/Hate/C/C appreciated :P

Hello ben's little friend.

Looks cool, cudly, although some big teeth would be cool :P

More detail in the eyes, looks like eye sockets, i know they don't have white eyes, but still. The part inside the ear is meant to be the colour of their skin, and i'm pretty sure polar bears/pandas don't have black skin. :anxious:

Lookin good though, well done.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

Aww it's so cute and cuddley hug8ok.png

Great job :)

To add on to what remoteman was saying, maybe either:

-Draw the whites in the eyes (basically white eyes with a black pupil).

-Draw a white glare in the eyes.

Just so they don't look so entirely black :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

i'm pretty sure polar bears/pandas don't have black skin.

Actually polar bears do have black skin, to absorb as much heat as possible, we cant see it because the fur reflects the snow and sky and makes them look white.

I like it btw.

spacescenev24.jpg

Thanks everyone, I might make the eyes a lighter shade of black and add the glare in the eyes. Along with the ears...except the glare. Keep the thoughts coming :P

A polar bear's nose and skin are black and the fur is translucent despite its apparent white hue. It can appear yellowish brown as they age. The black skin is designed to absorb heat from the sun, keeping the animal warm even in the coldest weather. The fur is good camouflage as well as insulation. Stiff hairs grow on the soles of its paws; these insulate and provide traction on ice.

I beg your parden, they do have black skin, thats coool.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

More detail in the eyes, looks like eye sockets, i know they don't have white eyes, but still. The part inside the ear is meant to be the colour of their skin, and i'm pretty sure polar bears/pandas don't have black skin. :anxious:

Actually im pretty sure they do have dark skin.

Actually im pretty sure they do have dark skin.

im pretty sure thats already been mentioned.. (and yes its correct, they have black skin)

ontopic; as said before, the bears fur dosnt look like fur. i hope you dont mind but i played with it a bit. a basic rule i made for myself when doing animals with long fur like this (bears, tigers, lions, etc) is dont dither if you dither, you get a smooth looking surface, and animals with long fur certainly dont have a smooth surface. if you zoom in on my edit you'll see how i randomly added darker 'lines' in the direction which the fur would seem to flow, making it appear more three dimensional. this was only a quick edit, but you should be able to see what i mean

812818561pq.png

i also changed the colout of the nose, ears and eyes

turtsigs2.jpeg

Featuring in my sig: TURT, ma pet turdle!

Thanks to- Runemetsa and Aijiru for two of the great sigs!

Thanks for the help :P How you've done it kinda messes up the texture of the polar bear. But I'm taking your advice and giving it a shot, Hows this :?:

polarbearavatarditherin0px.png

:-k

A bunch of triangles aint look good. Dark Shadow's looks realistic, do it like she's done it. The eyes look much better now though.

And Fearspudgod try reading the whole post and you'll see i corrected myself like 3 hours before you posted.

EDIT: sorry dark shadow, i new you were a girl, slipped my mind lol, no offense intended.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

no offense taken

ontopic; i didnt mean for you to do the fur texture as triangles, to be honest, it looks really fake and weird... and i dont like it. if you dont like it the way i did either, just play around with it for a while...

turtsigs2.jpeg

Featuring in my sig: TURT, ma pet turdle!

Thanks to- Runemetsa and Aijiru for two of the great sigs!

Albinos have red eyes ;)

Hehe, the title was just to make people interested. It's a Polar bear. Thanks everyone, but I think the lines to make the texture take away from the picture :( I know it seems that I'm turning away C/C but I appreciate it. How Darkshadow has done it is awesome, but it's not really the look I'm going for. Thank for the help everyone and I'll be posting a new pixel here shortly. :P