What has happened to rares?

meister14

Im alittle confused... is it my imagination or has the rares market been declining? i might be just noticing this becouse of easter eggs they have been aroudn same price for about 4-6 months... are the other rares the same way? if so why?

Donate to S_U__O__M_I !!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would cause them to go up :anxious:

Anyway, it's because Jagex has screwed around with them so damn much these past few months. Callobrated with the usually market fall around this time. They'll go back up in spring.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

My opinion is no one wants a Phat anymore as they use to.

Jagex couldn't just take the Phats off a players head and say "hey, your ruining the economy, so were stealing this, kthxbye."

Instead, they countered Phats with a HUGE customization of clothing options.

Alot of people have different preferences as what they like to wear. Now that phat aren't the only choice, the price declines or stays where its at.

Back in the past, I did want a party hat.. but I really don't care if I have one now.. there is TOO many cloths out there in my opinion. Besides.. its just a hat :)

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Rares haven't been declining. They've just been stagnant. Jagex has been adding new things to the game to continuously lower the demand for them, ranging from the money sink of construction to the pseudo-rares of 3rd age items so people have other places to put their money into. Combine that with the steep prices they're at and the fact that they're so unreachable to the masses, and you get the current non-moving prices we have right now.

Rares haven't been declining. They've just been stagnant. Jagex has been adding new things to the game to continuously lower the demand for them, ranging from the money sink of construction to the pseudo-rares of 3rd age items so people have other places to put their money into. Combine that with the steep prices they're at and the fact that they're so unreachable to the masses, and you get the current non-moving prices we have right now.

yes they have, i got 99 fletching like 2 weeks after skillcapes were out.. i bought both a green mask, then traded it for a santa at 26.9mil and had an east eggs for about 16mil

now eggs are in the 10mils and santas are like 23m?

genielampsiggv7.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-23

maybe people no longer see phats as an obtainable goal because of the price

Thats what i reackon, they are way overpriced and people have given up on the goal of getting one, settling for less instead. Full D is alot to go for really, and now 3rd age. They only people that can buy phats now days are pretty much people that no-life fletching or rcing, are amazing stakers or already have one and merchant with it for others.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

if i was jagex i would buy all the rares off people at the current market price

make a shop in fally garden that buys all rares

and if buy the end of the week ur rares are not sold they are deleted

nuff said

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

Simple rule of supply&demand; currently demand for rares has been on a downhill. This is because of few different things:

* People are wanting 99 capes instead of wearable rares.

* People are spending their money on 3a items.

If I now had some loose cash, I'd invest it all on rares. By time 3a items get cheaper and most of the people with big $$$ got their 99 fletch&cook, so the demand of rares will start rising. The rares are most likely to skyrocket within few months.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm