the WoW TIF Clan -- plans here.

Nadril

So now that we have the video game forums up I figured that this would be a good time to talk about this. Me and lionheart have been thinking about doing a "cross-faction" clan with me being a horde leader and him leading the alliance. Now, heres the deal:

- Our origional idea was to do it on burning blade, my current server. I'm fine with doing it here but the problem is is that I may be moving to a different server (PvE sadly :cry: I'll explain).

The reason why I may be moving is a little long. Bassicly one of my friends lost his account a while ago, and he hasen't gotten it back and blizard hasn't given his gear back. Well, recently one of his friends lost his account but managed to get it back fast. When he looked on his characters he of course had all of his money gone and stuff, but he noticed he had a new character on a new server. He went to look at the character and it had 6600 Gold on it, probaly from the farmer that took his acount (was using it to transfer gold)!

Anyways, needless to say he's going to be playing on there, and my friend who's account got stolen is probaly going to make a new account and go there. Since I don't really wanna be alone if he makes that move I"m going to move over there too.

With that out of the way though that's the big thing that's going to damper the idea right now.

Back onto the main idea, we were planning on doing an alliance and horde side so we could do BG's against each other, and also so that way we could have those that wanna play ally's be ally's and those that want to play horde be horde. I'm not sure if we'd have enough people though to do something like this though, most of the TIF people I know but a few are alliance. :( .

So any ideas, thoughts, ect. are welcome here now that we have a place to post 'em. :D

I'd join but I'm really not sure how active I'd be able to be. I'm currently leveling my warlock to 70 (65 atm) then I had plans of leveling my priest from 60-70 shortly after.

I'm really not a fan of PvE realms. It seems that even on my realm, the outlands has totally become a carebare fest as everyone is trying to level to 70. No PvP on a PvP realm makes me sad.

I'll hold off on my priest for now and I could play my TIF alt on the side. I'll play anywheres but an RP realm. :uhh:

Ps.Click my sig :thumbsup:

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

What realm were you planning on transfering to anyways? I'd like to know if its in my current BG group.

Actualy I can't remember exactly lol. It started with a "D" I'm sure. something like Dalinor or Dakor.

Im already on Burning blade, and almost lve 20 with my Shaman :x

The name in game is Arkheart, and the guild is called "Light of The Naaru". Its the Alliance one.

Please stay Nadril :(

(OT: have you noticed the amount of lag on the server lately? Seems to of died down since last night though)

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Think about it though, it will cost you 25$ just to move your character to another server, which isnt a good idea seeing as ive heard the moving thing doesnt work too well.

My friend had it done with his rogue a good while back, worked perfectly.

I've been MMO'ing with him for a few years now. Sorry but sadly I"d rather play on the same server as him ;(.

Think about it though, it will cost you 25$ just to move your character to another server, which isnt a good idea seeing as ive heard the moving thing doesnt work too well.

I transfered realms on my rogue and everything worked fine. It took about 4-5 days and I was able to keep my name on my new realm. I'd rather pay $25 then to try and grind to 60 again from scratch in around 10-13 days played.

The downside is that you've got to stick it out on your new realm for 3 months before you can transfer out of it again. Make sure you do your research before you find yourself stranded on some server that you don't like.

id join, but i just chaged server from lightbringer to azuremyst

and i dont feel like throwing out 25$ to move

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

do we HAVE to be in a PvE server for the horde?(if we do make it in a new server im not transferring my mage im making a new account)

I'm not sure what's going on with me right now and what server I'm going to go on.

The thing is I don't know if this can work. So many of us already have guilds and everything and it would be kind of hard to even pull together enough of us for it to work. :(.

do we HAVE to be in a PvE server for the horde?(if we do make it in a new server im not transferring my mage im making a new account)

I'm not sure what's going on with me right now and what server I'm going to go on.

The thing is I don't know if this can work. So many of us already have guilds and everything and it would be kind of hard to even pull together enough of us for it to work. :(.

so why dont we just make new accounts and train them up?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Many people have multi characters on different servers that are 60 and what not (Even if the cap is 70 now, why cant people just make new characters?

Because the game really starts at lvl 70, not at 1. Getting to 60 on a new char takes some time (even if you get help from lvl 60-70 friends), and then 70 takes like two times as long as getting 60, or so I've heard.

That's probably why I'd be reluctant to stat over, cause it's sooo long to get to 70 and back to raiding. Not that I'm actually gonna do this, I've quit, just saying.

korla3eaqd3.jpg

Many people have multi characters on different servers that are 60 and what not (Even if the cap is 70 now, why cant people just make new characters?

Because the game really starts at lvl 70, not at 1. Getting to 60 on a new char takes some time (even if you get help from lvl 60-70 friends), and then 70 takes like two times as long as getting 60, or so I've heard.

That's probably why I'd be reluctant to stat over, cause it's sooo long to get to 70 and back to raiding. Not that I'm actually gonna do this, I've quit, just saying.

Yeah I've spent a ton of time on my character and am not really interested in starting a new guy from scratch. I'm nearly 60 than I just have to get to 70. :D

Agreed 100%. On my first char it took me around 18 days played to reach 60. Now on my rogue I got to 60 in around 10 days played. Leveling from 60-70 isn't as hard as 1-60. Most of the quests require you to kill things so it's not that bad. The turn-in xp is also great at 10-14k xp.

In my guild we've got 3 70's already. They decided to go the faster, more boring way of grinding 1-70. I don't recommend leveling this way because you miss out on the repuation gains from the quests and the overall enjoyment of the game.

Ding 66 as of 7 minutes ago \'

Agreed 100%. On my first char it took me around 18 days played to reach 60. Now on my rogue I got to 60 in around 10 days played. Leveling from 60-70 isn't as hard as 1-60. Most of the quests require you to kill things so it's not that bad. The turn-in xp is also great at 10-14k xp.

In my guild we've got 3 70's already. They decided to go the faster, more boring way of grinding 1-70. I don't recommend leveling this way because you miss out on the repuation gains from the quests and the overall enjoyment of the game.

Ding 66 as of 7 minutes ago \'

My shaman as of right now is at 13 days played. I probaly will have about 20 days total played (a guess) for whenever I hit 70.

• 2 weeks later...

Thing about these is you gotta catch it ahead of the curve. I've already got 6 days of playtime on my character, and I wouldn't want to leave my guild or rl friends who play. Already had to start over once from a 28 hunter to switch over to my friend's server (server won't allow for paid character transfers, in fact it's one of the ones they might split).

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Thing about these is you gotta catch it ahead of the curve. I've already got 6 days of playtime on my character, and I wouldn't want to leave my guild or rl friends who play. Already had to start over once from a 28 hunter to switch over to my friend's server (server won't allow for paid character transfers, in fact it's one of the ones they might split).

Yeah I have a ton of played time on my shaman and my alts as well, wouldn't want to give them up.