Recycled water: YES or NO and WHY

warri0r45

They should go ahead and build the plant's and disguise them as cookie factories so the people don't know they're drinking it :P

I'm not making weapon's of mass destruction, it's a Chocolate chip factory!

vlcsnap2517239ds7.png

vlcsnap2517500en4.png

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALL water is recycled. The same water you are drinking today was drank by dinosaurs, bathed in by kings, and sailed across by pirate ships. It's pointless to be opposed to recycled water, because you're already drinking it.

The question is, should we speed up the process by directly reusing waste water?

I say yes, if we have the technology, which we probably do. Climate change experts belive billions will die due to water shortages as the earth heats up, most likely within the next hundred years. Why not prepare?

The title sais it all. Recently here in south-east Queesland, the Premier of the state has declared that we will be recycling sewrage via the tried and tested method of reverse osmosis and putting it back into water reservoirs. I, personally, am all for the idea for a few reasons -

We are running out of water dangerously fast, and there is no other cost effective answer.

It will obviously be regulated stringently.

The act of putting recycled water in water reservoirs has been tried in Singapore, with no apparant detrimental affects.

(I'll add more later, I'm a bit strapped for time)

Bibliography -

Source 1

Source 2

(will add more later)

So what do you guys think? YES or NO to drinking recycled water and WHY?

Ehhhh..... there's a whole globe full of water.

Billions of people will suffer water shortages and the number of hungry will grow by hundreds of millions by 2080 as global temperatures rise, scientists warn in a new report.

The report estimates that between 1.1 billion and 3.2 billion people will be suffering from water scarcity problems by 2080 and between 200 million and 600 million more people will be going hungry.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/01/3 ... xdzu8.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=world+th ... S:official

1) Wells ftw

2) Scientists are baffled morons

3) The human mind thinks he knows everything but he doesn't.

4) There's been enough water to last thousands of years, dont know how 73 years can change it.

5) I say, don't worry about water shortages until we can finally understand the whole meaning of this, when the world is closer to 2080.

How about you take into consideration the AVAILABILITY OF DRINKABLE WATER; rather than just water in general. Sure you could go to the coast and take a few swigs from the ocean; but I'll bet you'll be feeling pretty crook afterwards.

1) Wells ftw

4) There's been enough water to last thousands of years, dont know how 73 years can change it.

5) I say, don't worry about water shortages until we can finally understand the whole meaning of this, when the world is closer to 2080.

Uhhh. Sigh. Youv'e made my brain hurt.

1) You can't put wells everywhere and they are completely useless to water a city.

2) No they're not.

3) At least other people on this topic and others in the world have an interest to help find suitable drinking water sources.

4) Yeah.. Why don't you come to my country, the driest one on the planet and see what our dam levels are at. In 73 years, if current trends continue, we will run dry.

5) Yes, good idea. Lets wait untill 4 million in Sydney, 3 million in Melbourne, 2 million in Brisbane and 1 million in Adelaide have had to move to north western WA and resettle where they have been having record rainfalls i.e. wait untill our countries economy, inferstructure and way of life completely die.

I see only one solution.

Nuke Australia.

No no, hear me out you crazy aussies. Don't be angry.

They're special WATER nukes. WATER!

Great idea, right? I know.

Afterall...When Hydrogen and Oxygen fuse...Boom! Water! And you guys have plenty of Oxygen there, right? Of course you do. All we have to do now is send hydrogen bombs over and BAM! The sky will rain fir--Water. Yes, water. Yes.

...Or just recycle your damn toilet water like the rest of the civilized world. :P It's the same thing. It's only gross when you think about it. But if you see how well it's filtered, boiled, tested, etc, you really wouldn't care. They're not going to put you in any danger. :P

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I see only one solution.

Nuke Australia.

Afterall...When Hydrogen and Oxygen fuse...Boom! Water! And you guys have plenty of Oxygen there, right? Of course you do. All we have to do now is send hydrogen bombs over and BAM! The sky will rain fir--Water. Yes, water. Yes.

...Or just recycle your damn toilet water like the rest of the civilized world. :P It's the same thing. It's only gross when you think about it. But if you see how well it's filtered, boiled, tested, etc, you really wouldn't care. They're not going to put you in any danger. :P

I liked the nuke idea.

And yeh, I don't see why people are scared of it.

We have to start saving water

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

I see only one solution.

Nuke Australia.

We'll get radioactive water and get super cool powers!

But yeah, the only thing wrong with recycled water is peoples perception of it. Including all state premiers apart from ours. Other state premiers are hesitating and as a result, putting thier states in danger of drying up quicker. <.<

1) Wells ftw

1) You can't put wells everywhere and they are completely useless to water a city.

2) No they're not.

3) At least other people on this topic and others in the world have an interest to help find suitable drinking water sources.

4) Yeah.. Why don't you come to my country, the driest one on the planet and see what our dam levels are at. In 73 years, if current trends continue, we will run dry.

5) Yes, good idea. Lets wait untill 4 million in Sydney, 3 million in Melbourne, 2 million in Brisbane and 1 million in Adelaide have had to move to north western WA and resettle where they have been having record rainfalls i.e. wait untill our countries economy, inferstructure and way of life completely die.

Yeah, but what if the current trends in Australia don't continue? What if the rate it's going at now changes? What if? Scientists said at the rate it's going now, not if the rate changes. Anything could happen. The water nuke could be dropped on Australia. Maybe the dams would come back. Maybe the whole world will be destroyed by then. Who knows? Noone. Scientists still claim they are predictions. Unless you have a time machine and have gone to the future you can't actually claim that it's true.

1) Wells ftw

2) No they're not.

Yeah, but what if the current trends in Australia don't continue? What if the rate it's going at now changes? What if? Scientists said at the rate it's going now, not if the rate changes. Anything could happen. The water nuke could be dropped on Australia. Maybe the dams would come back. Maybe the whole world will be destroyed by then. Who knows? Noone. Scientists still claim they are predictions. Unless you have a time machine and have gone to the future you can't actually claim that it's true.

So you're basically saying that we should sit around on our hands, with the possibility that things will not change and when the outcomes I proposed do happen, we just say "but there was a chance it wouldn't have turned out like this, we were just hangin out for the rain!"

Give me a break mate.

Prevention is needed if we want to survive a catastrophe.

Water gets recycled naturally anyway... Speeding up the process isn't that bad...

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

The title sais it all. Recently here in south-east Queesland, the Premier of the state has declared that we will be recycling sewrage via the tried and tested method of reverse osmosis and putting it back into water reservoirs. I, personally, am all for the idea for a few reasons -

We are running out of water dangerously fast, and there is no other cost effective answer.

The act of putting recycled water in water reservoirs has been tried in Singapore, with no apparant detrimental affects.

Bibliography -

Source 1

Source 2

(will add more later)

That's drinkable and won't have acute side-effects?

Bibliography -

Source 1

Source 2

(will add more later)

Recycled water is drinkable and does not have acute side affects. It's been done in Singapore with no apparant ill affects whatsoever and the science behind it is sound.

Given recent reports that billions will die from thirst in the next 80 years due to climate change, we should probably be recycling as much as possible. Also, recycling of any kind is good.

80 years?

Billions?

That is pretty alarming if its right

newsigzl2.jpg

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Bibliography -

Source 1

Source 2

(will add more later)

Recycled water is drinkable and does not have acute side affects. It's been done in Singapore with no apparant ill affects whatsoever and the science behind it is sound.

I was talking about how the writer remarked there's a whole globe full of water (including sea).

Bibliography -

Source 1

Source 2

(will add more later)

I was talking about how the writer remarked there's a whole globe full of water (including sea).

Sorry, thanks for clearing that up. And yeah, drinking sea water kills you via osmosis.

Drinking sea water sucks hardcore. :'(

I was at the beach in South Carolina two weeks ago and got a nice big mouthful blasted down my throat. Threw up immediately, of course. You just can't help it, it's so horrid you just vomit. I NEVER throw up but that just made me hork immediately. :P

...And I disected a dead jelly fish on the beach...With a stick. Suprisingly firm, those little guys. They're like breast implants...Squishy, yet too firm to be called "Soft".

Found like 30 large Conch shells too. Wewt. :o

...Wait, this is about drinkin' poo-poo water...

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Dare i say it?

Yeh, why not

When Sperm whales mate, 3/4 of the sperm goes into the sea, not his mate.

That is why you vommited

Popular myth. I'm sure some goes into the ocean...Hey, perhaps even 3/4, but it isn't why the water is salty, it isn't why it smells bad and it isn't why it tastes bad. :P

- Me!

Dare i say it?

Yeh, why not

When Sperm whales mate, 3/4 of the sperm goes into the sea, not his mate.

That is why you vommited

Popular myth. I'm sure some goes into the ocean...Hey, perhaps even 3/4, but it isn't why the water is salty, it isn't why it smells bad and it isn't why it tastes bad. :P

Sure it isn't..... ::'

newsigzl2.jpg

tetsupportsig2.jpg

...And I disected a dead jelly fish on the beach...With a stick. Suprisingly firm, those little guys. They're like breast implants...Squishy, yet too firm to be called "Soft".

That's great for a sig..

Wait.

Yes!