Recycled water: YES or NO and WHY

warri0r45

The title sais it all. Recently here in south-east Queesland, the Premier of the state has declared that we will be recycling sewrage via the tried and tested method of reverse osmosis and putting it back into water reservoirs. I, personally, am all for the idea for a few reasons -

We are running out of water dangerously fast, and there is no other cost effective answer.

It will obviously be regulated stringently.

The act of putting recycled water in water reservoirs has been tried in Singapore, with no apparant detrimental affects.

(I'll add more later, I'm a bit strapped for time)

Bibliography -

Source 1

Source 2

(will add more later)

So what do you guys think? YES or NO to drinking recycled water and WHY?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a non-scientist's point of view: Yes. Dam levels have nearly reached 30% in Sydney. Despite incentives, rainwater tank installations are slow (especially in certain areas of Sydney, where a slight increase in water bills barely dents living standards), and desalination plants would require too much energy. I think. I don't know. Hmm.

It's getting that worse over here in W.A, too. If it comes down to drinking recycled sewage water, I wouldn't protest, because our drinking water comes from a rain water tank.

:o What city are you from?

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

It's getting that worse over here in W.A, too. If it comes down to drinking recycled sewage water, I wouldn't protest, because our drinking water comes from a rain water tank.

:o What city are you from?

Think he is talking about Western Australia :oops:

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

Isn't most water all recycled already? :-/

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Can water keep being recycled over and over? If so, I won't protest against this. Altough I think the taste of water won't be the same, but rather a silly taste than to die because of thirst. Everything gets recycled these days - stupid foolish humanity - so its impossible to stop it.

Yeah, in most countries, this has been done for ages, and it doesn't have any health side-effects (why would it? It's *extremely* well regulated). It also conserves water in general.

That's what I though. :? I'd heard somewhere that only 1% of the water left in the world could be considered "unused" before in someway.

Of course i'm for it.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

we learned about the method in biology class, and its extreamly safe, so im all for it.

Lets just hope people don't protest at the fact we will need more water processing plants.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Yes.

I don't really know what to type. :-k

As I'm in a very lazy mood.

So for now I'll just say...

Yes. ::'

I've always backed recycled water.

And in all honestly - I'd say it'd be cleaner than what we get out of the dams.

tap water isn't exactly pure either :ugh:

I've always backed recycled water.

And in all honestly - I'd say it'd be cleaner than what we get out of the dams.

tap water isn't exactly pure either :ugh:

Still better than bottled tho :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

That's what I though. :? I'd heard somewhere that only 1% of the water left in the world could be considered "unused" before in someway.

Of course i'm for it.

Yeah, only about 1-3% of the world's water is fresh water that can be drunk. Most of it is in the polar areas and lakes. It may not sound like much, but it's a huge reserve.

Sadly, it doesn't get distributed equally. Some people get tap water. Other people, no matter how embarrassing it in in the modern world, die of thirst. Yeah, in the year 2007, while we play games online and watch movies on a plasma screen and 7.1 stereo, people die of thirst.

That's nothing new, but considering the huge contrast, I wonder if more can be done than creating wells in villages.

Whats so different about recycled water? Isnt it the same, H20? I assume that it is as clean as distilled water. And is so, there is nothing wrong about drinking water much more than the drinker's imagination.

...Besides, id rather have a few ppls' preferences ruined than having a lot more ppl dieing of thirst or some kind of global water-war.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Of course i'm for it.

Yeah, only about 1-3% of the world's water is fresh water that can be drunk. Most of it is in the polar areas and lakes. It may not sound like much, but it's a huge reserve.

Sadly, it doesn't get distributed equally. Some people get tap water. Other people, no matter how embarrassing it in in the modern world, die of thirst. Yeah, in the year 2007, while we play games online and watch movies on a plasma screen and 7.1 stereo, people die of thirst.

That's nothing new, but considering the huge contrast, I wonder if more can be done than creating wells in villages.

Yeah, 3% of all water on earth is fresh water. 2% is in the ice caps, and another .3% is deep down in aquifers. So that leaves about .7% of ALL the earths water readily drinkable.

It is quite sad people die of thrist each day, when we look at it as nothing to go to our faucits(sp?) and get a glass of water.

Training my pure!

dddog6.png