29 January 2007 - What's black and white and goes green...

TheEvilGizm0

It's a penguin quest!

Many have pondered the big questions in life: Who am I? Why am I here? What are those shifty penguins really up to? But none had taken the last one more seriously than Larry, a rather discombobulated* Ardougne Zookeeper. He's long suspected those penguins were up to no good, and now he's going to prove it.

Larry is preparing to set off on an observational research trip to an iceberg in the Lunar Sea. He needs your help to get supplies and build a bird hide, where he will put your skills and your patience to the test. Be careful, though: a relaxing trip of penguin-watching is bound to reveal far more sinister things afoot... or aflipper.

For those of you eager to take on this challenge, youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll get to explore a brand new iceberg where you're likely to meet some interesting - and strangely musical - creatures who can even teach you a few new emotes. You'll also be rewarded with access to a brand Agility course involving swimming through dangerous waters, avoiding falling icicles, slipping on ice and sliding on your belly!

But not all is fun and games with these penguins. Be prepared to step into someone else's shoes, er, claws and discover what the penguins are planning in their Cold War.

To start this quest, go and visit Larry by the penguin enclosure at the Ardougne Zoo.

*Is nothing to do with disco, or Bob.

In other news...

In Barbarian Assault, defenders will find that their barricades now last for longer when they try to block the Penance caves.

Icons have been added to the minimap to indicate places where sandpits may be found.

They finally got it right.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This week the update's going to take a little longer than normal. We're updating a number of our systems, doing useful things like synchronising the time on the login servers. So you may need to wait a few minutes before the game comes back online. And even then it might be a little laggy for a while as everyone rushes to download the update. So please train your Patience skill for a few minutes.
Ajc100.png

and us peeps on worls 79 didnt get a countdown warning for the update, we all just got booted

Mod Ash

Jagex Mod

29-Jan-2007 13:24:42

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

This week the update's going to take a little longer than normal. We're updating a number of our systems, doing useful things like synchronising the time on the login servers. So you may need to wait a few minutes before the game comes back online. And even then it might be a little laggy for a while as everyone rushes to download the update. So please train your Patience skill for a few minutes.

Now, back to the newspost...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Straight from the RS forums.... lol

Harrington.gif

words offline and me in the middle of a DK lair. Will be a nice, calm, peacefull login for me. Didnt even see the clock ( if there was one)
Dont you people realize DO NOT do fight caves, DKing or KQing the day an update is supposed to come out
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

My Patience skill is -15 now. :cry:

They finally got it right.

I just hope the game logged me out. Was in the dessert without water (running to the kalpite lair).

Skill N' Chill - The Hawt Fun Sexy and Cool Skilling Clan!

Skill n' chill website: http://skillandchill.freeforums.org/index.php - Clanchat: Skill N C - IRC Chat: #skillnchill

nieuwesiglg4.gif

errrok.jpg

I think that there must have been an error with this update. There was no notification timer before it logged me off, the hyper link to the new agility course doesn't work, and all the worlds are crashed.

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

words offline and me in the middle of a DK lair. Will be a nice, calm, peacefull login for me. Didnt even see the clock ( if there was one)
Dont you people realize DO NOT do fight caves, DKing or KQing the day an update is supposed to come out

Normally we get a warning timer, today we didn't.

Ajc100.png

thats 4/7 days... no way :P

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

yeas ill just hang around for hours doing absolutely nothing i enjoy doing and waiting for the the update i care nothing about to commence. Id much rather be stuck in the middle of the lair then what u suggest for "us people".

Anyways was there a 3 minute warning or i just didnt pay attention?