I got this from Jagex today...(supposedly)

JFonseka

Hello,

Recently we have found major changes in your IP address. Our logs show us that your account was used from different countries. We suppose that this account could be shared and it is against RuneScape rule 6. Rule 6 states that each account should only be used by ONE person. Account sharing is NOT allowed. You may not sell, transfer or lend your account to anyone else, or permit anyone else to use your account, and you may not accept an account that anybody else offers you.

To prove that you are true account owner, you have to do these following steps:

1) go to the RuneScape account support by clicking this link:

LINK NOT SHOWN DUE TO DANGER

2) select Type of query 'Jagex asked me to prove that i own this account'

3) fill the form, enter as much information as you can and submit

4) we will answer through message center and e-mail in a few days

Many thanks,

The RuneScape Customer Service Team.

------------------

FAKE EMAIL WARNING:

-Because email isnt very secure we only use it to verify account users. If you receive any other email then it is a fake and should be deleted.

-ALL our emails have this warning message at the bottom

-Our emails will NEVER have attachments of any sort

-Jagex staff will NEVER ask you for your password

IS THIS TRUE?? I thought JAGEX NEVER SENDS EMAILS

WHAT ON EARTH?

runebannerul6.jpg

mining10099.jpg

2432nd to 99 mining

I think that you have answered your own question there. this is clearly a scam to get you to give up your username and password. Just delete the email and think nothing more of it.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

I hope you did not click that link, if you did run a spyware runner asap. Hmmm, I wonder how they got your e-mail... either its a freind or someone on these(or any other forums you use) forums. :-k

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

I hope you did not click that link, if you did run a spyware runner asap. Hmmm, I wonder how they got your e-mail... either its a freind or someone on these(or any other forums you use) forums. :-k

You have nothing to fear since you haven't filled in any e-mail addresses on your tif profile, but for people that have, it's only a matter of time (usually) before they start receiving these kind of e-mails.

If you fill in your e-mail address on a forum or any site for that matter where it can be publicly viewed, you're just asking for spam. Or these kind of e-mails ofcourse, if it's a Runescape website.

I truly have had more of these kind of e-mail then I can count. I always find it fun when they want you to either send or fill in your password, because I have an account just for those occasions. Raylifes2 with I think a password something resembling:

Or something like that, I have it written down somewhere. The funny thing is, they always fall for it for some reason, which I means I can report their ip address to Jagex. I don't think Jagex ever does anything with it, but I can hope can't I.... :anxious:

best-guide-ever.jpg

Yes. As others have said, Jagex never send you emails. If needed, they will contact you through the messages center and the message center only.

Moving to new account, subtle_rune. Please PM me there. Now you know that you can trust him!

bannernoobverdeye1.jpg

was that by email? 0jagex never uses email to inform there players..

it was by email yes. yea i deleted it

What was the e-mail, maybe you could send jagex something, not that it would do anything, or just to yet other tip.iters know about him so nothing happens

Remember that question in the security stronghold?

"Does Jagex e-mail people?"

- Yes

- No

No/Correct, Jagex will only use the in-game chat to contact you...

At least the question was similar to that...

As you can see, they will NEVER e-mail you.

i can tell this email was not professionally written just by reading it, when they say "you have to do these steps" it just doesnt sound right, jagex would normally say we urge or we strongly advise you, there are some other wierd grammar variations in there as well, its definitly fake

clansig7.gif

You have nothing to fear since you haven't filled in any e-mail addresses on your tif profile, but for people that have, it's only a matter of time (usually) before they start receiving these kind of e-mails.

If you fill in your e-mail address on a forum or any site for that matter where it can be publicly viewed, you're just asking for spam. Or these kind of e-mails ofcourse, if it's a Runescape website.

I truly have had more of these kind of e-mail then I can count. I always find it fun when they want you to either send or fill in your password, because I have an account just for those occasions. Raylifes2 with I think a password something resembling:

Or something like that, I have it written down somewhere. The funny thing is, they always fall for it for some reason, which I means I can report their ip address to Jagex. I don't think Jagex ever does anything with it, but I can hope can't I.... :anxious:

Interseting idea...

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007