American Idol

KnightLite

So getting a (dishonest) recording contract just because you got dozens of millions of votes for it makes it dishonest? Besides, you're talking about the recording industry, when has honesty ever been an issue.

That's exactly what I'm talking about, they don't care about integrity or unique music, it's all the same [cabbage] because all they want is to make money. It's mainly the fact that they made it into a competition so any [developmentally delayed] can come off the street, spend a few months on TV and come out with a record contract and enough fans to last them a couple of months untill they are forgotten (for the most part).

<.<

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordan Capri

I'm sure I've seen that name...uh...somewhere on the internet before >.<

*Google's Name*

Oh my. :oops:

Well, at least we know why she is his first choice. :uhh:

HAHAHA, simon must of already know who she was

rotfl

Its ok after they get rid of all the bad people.

Its just really sad when they make fun of people with disabilities. :x :(

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Jordan Capri

I'm sure I've seen that name...uh...somewhere on the internet before >.<

*Google's Name*

Oh my. :oops:

Well, at least we know why she is his first choice. :uhh:

I knew I had heard that name somewhere... lol.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I have a feeling Kelly Clarkson will be the only ever truly successful American Idol winner.

What I find funny is, even though Taylor Hicks won last year, Chris's album sold 10x faster, and like a '100,000' (don't quote me on that figure) albums in the first week.

Carie Underwood's CD went multi-platinum, along with Bo-Bice's. Fantasia sold well over 1,000,000 albums, and Ruben and Clay have both had successful careers as a result of American Idol.

From last year alone.. such amazing talent. Taylor, Katherine, Elliot, Chris, Paris, Lisa, Kelly, Bucky, Mandisa... Unbelieveable talent

Talent is the only reason i watch the show. The people that go up there and pretend to sing just piss me off. It's scripted. You have to sing for the producers of the show before you can even see the judges. If they cut you (which they cut about 90% of the people), you don't get to go to the judges. If you suck and/or are wearing a ridiculous outfit, they will send you through to another producer, and basically will tell you what to do once you are in with the judges.

I can't wait for Hollywood week

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

I love watching the failures. :D

Especially that one 16-year old guy that cryed. So funny.

Randy Jackson (when the 16-year old was juggling): "I think Jason has stumbled onto the wrong show...America's got some talent?"

Oh, and the bush baby guy.

4g611xt.jpg

Fun with paint.

Drink night cough medicine, take pills for sleeping, or just start playing with your Pokeman balls! In your Gameboy SP that is. =P~

I love watching the failures. :D

Especially that one 16-year old guy that cryed. So funny.

Randy Jackson (when the 16-year old was juggling): "I think Jason has stumbled onto the wrong show...America's got some talent?"

Oh, and the bush baby guy.

Bush baby guy?

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

I'm sorry if you find this counter productive on your topic, but I hate [insert country here] idol. It's a contest to win a recording contract #-o . I'm a huge fan of music and the fact that the music industry can be so shallow by offering generic [developmentally delayed] a recording contract annoys the hell out of me. I don't expect anyone here to agree with me, but I don't mind.

i agree with you on everything but it being useless. look at kelly clarkson, shes on her way to be a multi millionare

(then again, look at rueben studdard, on his way to flipping hamburgers :ohnoes: )

More like, on his way to eating burgers.

Ehhhh, that was low, even for me.

Anyways, I like watching the initial rounds.

Reasons:That homosexual guy who failed terribly on So You Think You Can Dance? (which I had the pleasure of viewing last night, and I assume there was a reason that particular episode was on.), followed by him cussing up the place and repeating it on American Idol.

The red-haired guy that sang(attempted) Bohemian Rhapsody.

The 2 friends that met in line and were hilarious.

The man-talking woman.

It's wierd that they all think they're good, and they deserve to be laughed at.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

• 2 months later...

The season is soon coming to an end so time to bump this.

I fear Chris is going home tonight. If he leaves I'll have trouble watching because he's my favorite, him and Blake.

Just please please get Sanjaya off, I agree wholeheartedly with Simon.

I'm having trouble thinking who will be the bottom three tonight, I'd say, Sanjaya, Chris, and LaKisha, but maybe Jordin instead.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

What's so loathesome is that these peoples' "talent" wasn't really acquired through years of hard work - they were born with it, plain and simple. And yet somehow a corporate television show gets more recognition of "talent" by the general public than any number of virtuoso musicians. Ask somebody off of the street who Steve Vai or somebody similar is, and they'll have no idea. Ask somebody who an American Idol contestant is and they know instantly.

That's why I've always said that they should either get contestants to play instruments or write their own songs. At least that way they have to -do- something besides frolic about on a stage and do what they were born to do. Even if you don't agree with the sentiment about vocal versus musical talent, you can surely understand my frustration with the fact that all they do is cover butchered versions of songs, sometimes making them terribly bad, like the one guy that got a turntablist to do "You Give Love a Bad Name."

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"