Protecting your account - YOUR number 1 priority. The Guide.

Krucifier

Hi, I am Krucifier, some of you may have known me in game, some of you may not. I had an account on Runescape, and of course, his name was Krucifier. I was banned about A month ago, one of the things I did do, that was talk about A TV show that was mildly rude, but that was over a year ago, and apparently, that happened the same day I was permanantly banned, and apparently I scammed and abused people. I was A player for 4 years, A member for 3 of those. That is how I got repayed...but after some investigation, I find my Sister was always looking at me typing in my pass and bank pin and told her friends, and yeah, they stuffed around on my account and I got banned. Permanantly. so that's why I decided to make this guide. to teach YOU how to keep YOUR account safe. to prevent THAT happening to YOU.

~~~~~The Basic's~~~~~

That basic's are actually quite basic. First off, ALWAYS have A bank pin. ALWAYS have recovery questions. ALWAYS have A complicated pass.

~~~~~Your Password~~~~~

Personally, I believe A good password is A long, lengthy, random one that you will never forget. but, you may consider writing down A hint, take this example. one of my first passwords was "arloolra2025" I wrote down this,

"He was my friend, A long time ago, that good old Laughing Out Loud spelt with 2 0's in the middle, and who could forget the egyptian god of the sun? and for the last part, 5202"

My friend, A long time ago, his name was Arlo, of you look closely, the word is "arloolra" which is Arlo then Arlo spelt backwards. and the '0' reference is to trick, what kind of word is spelt with 0's instead of o's...honestly :notalk: anywho, the egyptian god of the sun, Ra, referencing to the first and last part of 'arloolra'. and of course, '5202' is the numbers backwards

I always had clues like that in case I forgot my pass, which was quite often.

so what has all that got to do with keeping my account secure?

well it is an example of A good clue you may write for yourself.

one of the things you MUST do, and this is PARAMOUNT, do A Virus and Spyware and Malware and EVERYTHING check WEEKLY and change your password MONTHLY. at LEAST once EVERY 2 WEEKS!.

~~~~~Your Bank Pin~~~~~

This has to be one of the best innovations Jagex has done so far for account security. You should set one IMMEDIATLY. there would generally be no need to change it ever. just make it A number your love...like 2222, or, like I had, my POSTCODE. because I am in Australia, my POSTCODE is 4 digits.

~~~~~Recovery Questions~~~~~

Set them IMMEDIATLY!!! that is the most IMPORTANT THING EVER!

Always remember, if you are unsure that you will be able to remember them like me, write A complex clue or the like, like suggested in the Password section of this guide.

~~~~~Some Other Tips~~~~~

Whenever you log in, be sure to open Notepad, and follow this example, the bold letters are your PASSWORD (after typing A letter in go to Notepad and type in random stuff)

P osjkiajjn

A ajisijabifbaib

S kiaosfnaf

S koandfioansgoinh

W odmpfmsfmsdnmg

O sokdpfosjgnm

R pldf[lds[gl

D pldsp[lsdplg[

Another tip, which is something which let to my downfall, make sure noone is around when you type in your password.

I hope this guide has been helpful too you, Constructive Criticism is always appreciated ::'

"Giving up is succumbing to death"

yes.. i likte the part on ~~~some tips~~~

what i usually do is eg:

user: nicrune007

pass: imsopowerful

so in login screen i click username then

nic.. click pass

im

rune

so

powerful

so you end up nicimruneso007powerful

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Another thing worth mentioning is to make sure you have a firewall. Common sense for most I'm sure, but if we are talking about account safety, may as well throw it in there.

Something I do when my virus scanned warns me about having a virus is i put my computer on "lockdown". Meaning that I cut the internet off so that the virus can't download anymore viruses until my scanners have done their job.

If you play runescape the way I play, then a firewall is unnecessary.

However, I do other things so I do have one. :P

Basically, i'm just saying that no one can send you bad files through runescape.

boratto.jpg

acc security acc security....meh

i just keep my rares on another acc \' with a pin and everyhting

Thats account interaction which is illegal.....

Anyways good guide, will do the notpad from now on.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I've heard about programs that can find out ur bank pin by taking a screenshot everytime you click, but i know how to get past that;

As you might know, task manager (press ctrl+alt+del) is an 'always on top' window. So when you open the bank pin window, also open task manager, then look at the number that you need to press on ur bank pin screen (dont put the mouse on it, or click yet), then move task manager over the button so that you cant see the number, just the edge of the button u have to click. Once the number is hidden, click then move task manager and find the next number, then repeat.

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints

This should be in the AoW!!! Good job!

thanks, lets hope it does :P and if it doesnt then that's ok, I will be writing more guides soon.

but yeah, thatnks everyone for the constructive critisism :mrgreen:

and umm...thanks for the negative critisism too I guess... :anxious:

"Giving up is succumbing to death"

Another thing worth mentioning is to make sure you have a firewall. Common sense for most I'm sure, but if we are talking about account safety, may as well throw it in there.

Something I do when my virus scanned warns me about having a virus is i put my computer on "lockdown". Meaning that I cut the internet off so that the virus can't download anymore viruses until my scanners have done their job.

If you play runescape the way I play, then a firewall is unnecessary.

However, I do other things so I do have one. :P

Basically, i'm just saying that no one can send you bad files through runescape.

Yes, I know it's impossible to get a virus through RuneScape, but it's still very possible to get it from somewhere else. Though those usually require some amount of stupidity to actually fall for.

A password trick I use involves taking a simple, easy-to-remember word and changing some of the characters. Example: Password. Easy enough, right? Now change some stuff: P@szvv0Rd^. Still distinguishable (by you at least), but hard to watch someone type it with a bunch of "shift"s and characters all over the keyboard.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

• 1 month later...