Help me find some new music!

Hobgoblin11

I'm looking to get into some more bands.

The style of music I like is pretty much anything other than R'n'B, Hip Hop, Garage (etc.), and heavy metal. Other than that I love all sorts of music

I especially like Pink Floyd, Muse and the Kaiser Chiefs. Does anyone have any suggestions as to new bands that I could try, as my iPod is getting a little stagnant at the moment. I've got pretty much every song for the bands that I'm into, and Im looking for more!

Thanks

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Can I interest you in bashment/ragga/dancehall? Derives from reggae, only a lot more upbeat and danceable, lol. As an example you could try downloading Weh Dem A Do - Movado. If you don't like it, well meh at least you gave it a go lol.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

Cheers guys, I've had a listen to a few of those now, Kasabian seem pretty good.

Not had a chanc to listen to the Movado track yet, I'll let you know what I think when I do.

Oh, and bubsa, I'm pretty well into Madness already, thanks! Care to point out the similarities though between Kaiser Chiefs and Madness? Cause musically they don't really have the same characterisitics, Kaiser Chiefs is a classical rock/pop rhythm, whilst Madness shares more of its characterisitcs with reggae than pop/rock.

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

franz ferdinand,michele branch,linkin park,avril lavigne,snow patrol,papa roach,mudvayne,fall out boy,mettalica,fight star,dragon force,tenacious D,arctic monkeys,slipknot,evenscence,guns n roses,lordi,manowar,L7,less than jake,goldfinger,marlyn manson,My chemical romance,placebo,paolo nutini,rammstein,rage against the machine,all american rejects,the killers,the automatic,pink,spin doctors,the hives,the doors,the darkness,the explosions,the offspring,the pogues,the proclaimers,the view,the who ,aerosmith,ozzy osbourn,black sabath,the sounds,system of a down,sex pistols,lynrd skynrd,kiss,foo fighters,andrew wk,funeral for a friend green day,lyndsey lohan,busted,mcfly,blink 182,bullet for my valentine,velvet revolver,aiden,alice cooper,thw white stripes,slade,fountains of wain,wheatus,kaiser chiefs

just to name a few

maxsig28nv.gif

i would suggest Brand New. "The Archer's Bows are Broken" or "Jesus Christ" are both incredibly well-written songs, although I'm pretty much biased because they are my favorite band.

other than that, Senses Fail's new album is a huge improvement from "Let it Enfold You", and anything from Midtown's "Forget What You Know" CD is solid work also.

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

Ben Folds (Five). Different from the three you've listed there, but you said you wanted variety; I'd recommend either Songs For Silverman or their self titled album. Apparently his live acts are really good too, never been to one though.

Examples:

Philosophy. From the self titled album performed live, pretty nice solo at the end (there's 30 seconds introduction, but the rest is song.)

Landed. From Songs For Silverman.

http://www.last.fm/explore/

Type in bands that you like, let Last.fm tell you what it thinks you might enjoy.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Blackfield.

Their second album got out a few days ago, it's pretty cool.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

• 2 weeks later...

Queen, Franz Ferdinand, Judas Preist, Nine Inch Nails, MeatLoaf, Deep Purple, King Crimson, Scissor Sisters, R.E.M, The Darkness, Bryan Adams, Bon Jovi, The Feeling, T-Rex, Eric Clapton

also, there is an amazing wbsite that can discover music you will like tha you have nver heard of. It's here

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

I forgot Electric 6

woo the only other E6 fan in the world

Electric six ftw!

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Going solely by Pink Floyd and the Kaiser Chiefs ... oh boy ...

Okay. There's The Mars Volta. Spacey sounds of Pink Floyd meets the power of Led Zeppelin, and throw some King Crimson in there too. And some post-hardcore. Key tracks: Drunkship of Lanterns, Day of the Baphomets, Roulette Dares, Cassandra Gemini.

And if you haven't heard King Crimson, find yourself a copy of In the Court of the Crimson King. The middle drags a bit on first listens, but once you're into it, it's great.

Nick Drake. Pink Moon. Enough said.

I suspect you should already like The Beatles. But if for whatever reason you don't, you better find yourself a copy of Sgt. Peppers and the White Album, and maybe Magical Mystery Tour.

Get yourself some herblore points and enjoy the music.

ANOTHER QUALITY POST BY JAKE.

:funone:

jake on last.fm

If you're diggin' the Kasabian, you'd be well off to give Oasis a try. You know, the real deal.

Find these songs: Morning Glory, Fade Away, Don't Look Back in Anger, Lyla, Cigarettes & Alcohol, Rock & Roll Star, The Masterplan, Champagne Supernova, Acquiesce, and Live Forever.

You've heard Wonderwall already. Who hasn't?

ANOTHER QUALITY POST BY JAKE.

:funone:

jake on last.fm