"I've Never Heard Of Them"

l33thunt3r

NOFX
Right...

A few I've found:

Pandora's Dawn - For fans of Parkway Drive

Break Even - Pretty decent mosh-metal kind of band from Perth

Heaven Shall Burn - They definitely should be more well known than they actually are, they have an incredibly aggressive sound.

The Bled - Crap name, good post-hardcore.

Don't suppose anyone here's heard of SpeedTheory?

Actually yeah, I have. Really young but definetely a band to look out for in the UK.

Surprising. If i'd have asked that about 2 months ago, I'm willing to bet the only people who would have heard of them would have been round here (local band). Amazing how quickly they've managed to grow really..

Depends on where you live really... Sonata Arctica is popular in Europe I'm pretty sure... I'm listening to Kingdom for a Heart right now lol. I live in Canada, no one can even pronounce "Arctica".

And Dream Theater is widely popular...

Symphonic/Power Metal is usually a tight-knit genre and most of them are popular (don't flame if im completely wrong lol, I'm just assuming).

These ones I know are popular in other countries but I'll say anyway... Nightwish (I know -.- but they my fave band lol), Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, HIM, and Epica.

maxsig28nv.gif

La Costra Noka and House of Pain is pretty unknown among the people I know as well (Both being rap). Man, it can get kinda annoying, but what can ya do about it...

I wouldn't say House of Pain is an unknown group. It's just that everyone knows their biggest hit "Jump Around", but never remembers the name of the group.

Other I would say:

Canibus

Jedi Mind Tricks

Jurassic 5

Tech N9ne

Pharoahe Monch

Whenever I say the names of one of those artists, the people I am talking to are like "Who?? What??"

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

La Costra Noka and House of Pain is pretty unknown among the people I know as well (Both being rap). Man, it can get kinda annoying, but what can ya do about it...

I wouldn't say House of Pain is an unknown group. It's just that everyone knows their biggest hit "Jump Around", but never remembers the name of the group.

Other I would say:

Canibus

Jedi Mind Tricks

Jurassic 5

Tech N9ne

Pharoahe Monch

Whenever I say the names of one of those artists, the people I am talking to are like "Who?? What??"

Pharoahe Monch is big, who doesn't know Simon Says!! And Jurassic 5. Everyone knows them where I live. The others are a little more obscure such as Canibus, but I know my friends and I have heard of all of those, they all feature in my library!

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

underOATH

(randombands)

As I lay dying

=\ Everyone knows them..

Heaven Shall Burn - They definitely should be more well known than they actually are, they have an incredibly aggressive sound.

I just found out about them about 2 weeks ago. They're awesome. :)

Anyway, Gravenhurst. Never met anyone else who likes them, but they're awesome. They're kind of experimental-indie-rock.. I think.

I guess you could try Britney Spears. Not many people know about her.

Cool.

Other I would say:

Canibus

Jedi Mind Tricks

Jurassic 5

Tech N9ne

Pharoahe Monch

Pharoahe Monch is big, who doesn't know Simon Says!! And Jurassic 5. Everyone knows them where I live. The others are a little more obscure such as Canibus, but I know my friends and I have heard of all of those, they all feature in my library!

I know that they are big. But still, a lot of people have no idea who they are.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

The Melvins, the band that created grunge. Kurt Cobain's favorite band/

Clutch, A kickass funkmetalmeetsledzepplin style band

Mr . Bungle, My favorite band of all time. Circus+Metal+Jazz+Funk+manyothers

Megadedhed.jpeg

Sigs made by Runemetsa, Nuzza, Dark_Shadow, Kuroi and Me.

liquid blobs attacking eachother

American Anime... YAY!

The Bled - Crap name, good post-hardcore.

didnt they tour with thrice? i dont remember them being "good" at anything.

Brand New? I always thought they were pretty popular, and they've been my favorite band for a long time, but when I try to tell people about them, they always respond, "brand new what?"

other than that, some good local bands from STL are:

So They Say

Nothing Still

Adair

Ludo

all pretty much unknown as of now

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

Sonata Arctica

I LOVE Sonata Arctica, my friend told me of a band like them called HIM

HIM is great but pretty well known too.

i dont know much about Sonata Arctica but i heard 1 song that gave me chills - Shamandalie (sorry if i misspelled). i strongly recommend this to any1. they should get more credit for it, but it seems they are not so unknown after all :)

i wonder how well known is Poets of the Fall?

I love Poets of the Fall....They've released only 2 albums so far and both are brilliant ! Can't wait for more!

And what about Flaw ? Have any heard their songs?Unfortunately, they disbanded after releasing just 2 albums, but they're amazing as well!

There is also a band named Kingdom Come. decades ago they were accused of copying Zep (which they did a bit, i admit), and got hugely underrated, but they sure used to make hell of a good music... sadly, latest albums have been rather pointless.

I love Poets of the Fall....They've released only 2 albums so far and both are brilliant ! Can't wait for more!

And what about Flaw ? Anyone here heard their songs?Unfortunately, they disbanded after releasing just 2 albums, but their 2 albums are amazing as well!

scorp35ux.jpg

Kill Cheerleader. It's a heavy but good band, they aren't really known by many right now but there sick. There making a reality TV show where the go party with some pro snowboarders right now in California.. But I doubt it'd be on TV 'till next year. But yeh, check em out anyways.

M-Y_SPAC_E.com/killcheerleader :-w