The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

Even though I don't play anymore, I took the free transfer from aman'thul (PVE) to Thraussian (PVP). So if i ever decide to come back I can transfer where ever I want to. Not very often that you get to transfer from pve to pvp.

I hope you're Horde, lol. We outnumber Alliance around 4:1 on Thaurrissan.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in case you wnat to know our raid setup for doing kara(only been in this setup for ZA twice and wiped on trash)

How do you wipe on ZA trash? Also, 3 resto druids?

gah its taken all day to install WoW and patch it up to date on the family laptop.

Just doing it as a temporary solution until I get my own laptop. I'm starting to play again on monday afternoon, and I doubt my PC will be up to the task.

Tk5SF.png

in case you wnat to know our raid setup for doing kara(only been in this setup for ZA twice and wiped on trash)

The trolls gonged, one of our helears was in kitty form and left our raid dead and on the second run our tank couldnt hold aggro.I dont mind because it was after kara and just to get a feel over what its like :P

And we have 3 resto druids because:

Our guild leader is an exceptional druid

We pugged a healer once who was also a resto druid and because he got the healing mace off malchezar and was pretty good we snapped him up

I stopped healing and specced shadow when our old shadowpriest moved servers so i switched shadow

Our guild is a lot more pvp centric (lots of areana teams) than other guilds on the server so we attract a lot of druid attention

tifsdac6mc.gif

Was just wondering because I couldn't imagine a raid without chain heals, or a paladin single healing. More so of 25 man stuff though. Honestly, you could go into kara with about any setup.

Even though I don't play anymore, I took the free transfer from aman'thul (PVE) to Thraussian (PVP). So if i ever decide to come back I can transfer where ever I want to. Not very often that you get to transfer from pve to pvp.

I hope you're Horde, lol. We outnumber Alliance around 4:1 on Thaurrissan.

Nope lol. Alliance ftw. It's mostly so I can transfer to a better server if I ever decide to come back.

Urgh. It seemed after three months of playing, and after getting only a level 43, that there wasn't much I was enjoying about WoW any more lol. So... I quit, and now play a Flash game as regularly as I ever played WoW :lol: Admittedly, it's a really cool Flash game. But still... I don't think WoW is all it's cracked up to be at all. I still do enjoy playing it once in a while, but I'm playing N more regularly than it now, and N is freeware, so I'm probably going to let my WoW account run out. I'll still be lurking & posting on this thread tho =P Just 'cause I like you guys too much.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Urgh. It seemed after three months of playing, and after getting only a level 43, that there wasn't much I was enjoying about WoW any more lol. So... I quit, and now play a Flash game as regularly as I ever played WoW :lol: Admittedly, it's a really cool Flash game. But still... I don't think WoW is all it's cracked up to be at all. I still do enjoy playing it once in a while, but I'm playing N more regularly than it now, and N is freeware, so I'm probably going to let my WoW account run out. I'll still be lurking & posting on this thread tho =P Just 'cause I like you guys too much.

If you have a good PC get age of Conan :ugeek:

Yeah I just lurk this thread now to hopefully persuade more of TIF to join AoC. So much better than WoW. 8-)

Plus it is my thread :o

Lol N is as much fun as AoC could ever be. =P

No, srsly. Someone actually went out and made a Flash game that's GOOD. There's a link to both the online version and the full version in the What You're Playing thread - you should try it, it's a cheaper drug than AoC :lol:

lSEHB.gif

Lol N is as much fun as AoC could ever be. =P

No, srsly. Someone actually went out and made a Flash game that's GOOD. There's a link to both the online version and the full version in the What You're Playing thread - you should try it, it's a cheaper drug than AoC :lol:

Yeah I played N constantly during my Web page design class in High school. Apparently the DS version of it should be out this summer, can't wait to pira....."buy"... it.

Lol, nice. I can't play it in Computers any more... Well, I could, but I beat the online version, don't want to redo it, and can't run DLed apps on school computers, so I have to resort to playing at home. But I'm having fun, even when I scream and rant at my computer in a fury of flying swear words because of stupid levels. Like, some of the REALLY stupidly hard ones that take four or five hours to beat.

lSEHB.gif

The trolls gonged, one of our helears was in kitty form and left our raid dead and on the second run our tank couldnt hold aggro.I dont mind because it was after kara and just to get a feel over what its like :P

And we have 3 resto druids because:

Our guild leader is an exceptional druid

We pugged a healer once who was also a resto druid and because he got the healing mace off malchezar and was pretty good we snapped him up

I stopped healing and specced shadow when our old shadowpriest moved servers so i switched shadow

Our guild is a lot more pvp centric (lots of areana teams) than other guilds on the server so we attract a lot of druid attention

PROTIP - He's not exceptional if he can't 'two heal' that joke of an instance. Especially as a druid. Easiest healing class ever. I'd know; I play one. Haven't ever done 3 healers since more than a year ago when I started kara.

rangesig.gif

Got this game a couple of weeks ago, mostly been experimenting with different classes/races, currently playing a undead warlock on a random eu pvp server, just reached lvl 12. But im a bit confused about the different talent trees and which one is the best to spec, anyone have any ideas/tips?

Most Warlocks go into the Affliction tree (myself included). The idea behind it is you load the enemy up on DoT's (damage over time spells) and stand around keeping yourself alive until it dies. Assuming that you now have your Voidwalker, you should be sending it in to hold the aggro and then doing your thing.

Got this game a couple of weeks ago, mostly been experimenting with different classes/races, currently playing a undead warlock on a random eu pvp server, just reached lvl 12. But im a bit confused about the different talent trees and which one is the best to spec, anyone have any ideas/tips?

Most Warlocks go into the Affliction tree (myself included). The idea behind it is you load the enemy up on DoT's (damage over time spells) and stand around keeping yourself alive until it dies. Assuming that you now have your Voidwalker, you should be sending it in to hold the aggro and then doing your thing.

Fear is your friend for staying alive while DoTs kill enemies. Just hit them with two or three DoTs, then chain fear until they die. That way you can use an imp too, if you feel like bringing out some ownage DPS XD

Well, not really. Pet is your choice. Fear is always good tho. =)

lSEHB.gif

do you have to have an active game account to post on the official WoW forum?

I see a lot of people on the off topic board saying they dont play anymore, but I cant login ever since my account was frozen because my gametime ran out.

Tk5SF.png

do you have to have an active game account to post on the official WoW forum?

I see a lot of people on the off topic board saying they dont play anymore, but I cant login ever since my account was frozen because my gametime ran out.

Nah you need an active account.

Decided to spec affliction and just got to lvl 18, really enjoying a warlock atm, seems alot easier than the other classes i've tried although lvling in Silverpine Forest is very annoying, not enough quests imo and the quests i do get are usually a couple of lvls higher than me so i had to grind lvls 15 - 17.

keen.png

Leveling a lock is EZmode all the way, I've heard. Have fun =P

I hated it, though. It was no fun for me. I liked mages and priests both, because they were fun to fight with and not totally simplistic to level. Lock was like, DoT-DoT-Fear-dead. It bored me.

lSEHB.gif

Haha, went into Badlands today to see if there was any worthwhile quests there, and it's just a big. Freaking. Desert. I was kinda disappointed, since there's only a couple quest places in the whole area (Martek's, place near Hammertoe's Digsite, outside Kargath) and the rest is just barren land. Filled with wolves. Uldaman is pretty fun, though.

Haven't been paying much attention to WoW lately, exams and stuff, so I've just dinged 44 now.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

My awesome gnome warrior dinged 54 today while also clearing out ungoro completely.I have felwood, WPL, EPL, winterspring and silithus left relatively untouched so hopefully those last 4 zones can get me the last 4 levels but i wont be suprised if i have to run a bunch of instances to get over the last hump like i did last time.Less than a week till i can breeze to 70 through outlands =P~

Also i want the pvp ellek but i only have a token or 2 from the 3 bg's i need and because cyclone is absolutely insane and is europes BG9 so WSG is just pure druid/rogue twinks and i get ROFLSTOMPED as a 54 warrior.

tifsdac6mc.gif

waaagh kris you broke the forum! (at least for me the frames are messed up on your post).

also.. under 24 hours till I can play again.. god I cant wait!

Yeah, his personal info under his post is too long. :x

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Um two things.

Anyone else getting FPS problems? My laptop has been running the game fine for the past few months (albeit on fairly low settings) and in the past two weeks i get random FPS problems where it drops to like 10ish ( was around a comfortable 30). I have a nvidia card, and alot of people who have them on the official WoW forums seem to have the same problem (Funny enough its only with my laptop, my Computer runs it fine on full graphics).

Also, I'm 45 now, and cant wait to get to outland. Anyone recommend me a way to level fast (no leveling guides please lol) (hoard btw.).

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Um two things.

Anyone else getting FPS problems? My laptop has been running the game fine for the past few months (albeit on fairly low settings) and in the past two weeks i get random FPS problems where it drops to like 10ish ( was around a comfortable 30). I have a nvidia card, and alot of people who have them on the official WoW forums seem to have the same problem (Funny enough its only with my laptop, my Computer runs it fine on full graphics).

Also, I'm 45 now, and cant wait to get to outland. Anyone recommend me a way to level fast (no leveling guides please lol) (hoard btw.).

Outlands SUCKS, way too scifi-ish, trust me pre-bc zones are the best. (Nagrand isn't bad though).

Also the instances are just a long annoying hallway, and heroics are just the devs being lazy.

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....