The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never played a WOW game aside from the RTS, is the online worth the 15$ or can I find a game thats cheaper for somewhat of the same gameplay?

How long is a piece of string?

Many games have playerbases that claim their games are similar and/or better but in my opinion everything else pales in comparison, and I've tried a few other games.

Download the trial and see if you like it.

I have never played a WOW game aside from the RTS, is the online worth the 15$ or can I find a game thats cheaper for somewhat of the same gameplay?

How long is a piece of string?

Many games have playerbases that claim their games are similar and/or better but in my opinion everything else pales in comparison, and I've tried a few other games.

Download the trial and see if you like it.

I'd have to agree. As much as it pains me to say it sometimes WoW is quite simply the best MMORPG experience out there right now.

Yeah, some games may have close to comparable features (Everquest II, for example) but just don't have the community. Part of whats great about WoW is there are more than enough players playing at any level at about any time, while in other MMOs I have done some areas are just ghost zones.

Slight change of subject here but....

Having got a bit further, into the murky depths of duskwood I miss having an instance to throw myself into to break up the monotony and maybe get lucky with something new and shiny.

Deadmines is out as I have all the gear that I could use and the mobs are all grey now

The stockades is out because frankly, its piss poor.

So where does this leave me? Any suggestions? Any suggestions on general gear improving is good as well, I don't like AH buying because I don't know what warlock's really need and I don't want to buy something then have it be replaced in a levels time, instances? lucky drops? BG (although I get roundly whooped as an alliance lvl 25?)

Edit - realised actually telling you my character would help - level 27 warlock (affliction spec)

Having got a bit further, into the murky depths of duskwood I miss having an instance to throw myself into to break up the monotony and maybe get lucky with something new and shiny.

Deadmines is out as I have all the gear that I could use and the mobs are all grey now

So where does this leave me? Any suggestions? Any suggestions on general gear improving is good as well, I don't like AH buying because I don't know what warlock's really need and I don't want to buy something then have it be replaced in a levels time, instances? lucky drops? BG (although I get roundly whooped as a alliance lvl 25)?

BFD could be a good option -

http://www.wowwiki.com/Blackfathom_Deeps#Loot

A lot of nice cloth gear and as a warlock I do believe you should be looking for +stam gear so you can just drain your life for mana (mana tap) At least, thats what i got told.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

So where does this leave me? Any suggestions? Any suggestions on general gear improving is good as well, I don't like AH buying because I don't know what warlock's really need and I don't want to buy something then have it be replaced in a levels time, instances? lucky drops? BG (although I get roundly whooped as an alliance lvl 25?)

Shadowfang Keep.

http://thottbot.com/i6392

http://thottbot.com/i6324

I held onto the staff from the Defias questline, from Deadmines, until I got to run Scarlet Monastery and got this: http://thottbot.com/i7713

Edit - realised actually telling you my character would help - level 27 warlock (affliction spec)

couple more levels (29 ish) and you can do RFK, and then a few more and you can do SM Lib and such.

Dunno if there is any warlock lewt in RFK though.

Anyways, ding 66 -- got cloak of shadows (ahem, skill) now. Also I'm running around with almost 1200g atm, in fact I should have 1200 once I get these adam bar stacks and such sold.

Alright, I would sort of like to ask a definitive question here: is World of Warcraft worth 15 bucks a month and will it suck up my life into a storming void of WoW'ing and nothing else?

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

Biox posted a response to the exact same question above. :mrgreen:

You're going to hear nothing but positive things about WoW on this thread.. it isn't exactly impartial. Download the 10-day trial and decide for yourself. I did play a lot at the beginning but have slowed down as of late. I was in a rush to get to 60 at first.. but I realized that isn't what interests me when playing.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

Biox posted a response to the exact same question above. :mrgreen:

You're going to hear nothing but positive things about WoW on this thread.. it isn't exactly impartial. Download the 10-day trial and decide for yourself. I did play a lot at the beginning but have slowed down as of late. I was in a rush to get to 60 at first.. but I realized that isn't what interests me when playing.

Thanks Sith. :thumbsup:

I just would like to play, you know, but have others things I need to do too. But I'd love to have fun too. Who doesn't?

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

Back with another question >_<

I've been having a problem with my chat box. If I have a pet summoned, it's skill bar covers up the bottom two rows of text... it's really annoying. How can I move it like that guy did?

[hide=image]

roflalliance.jpg[/hide]

When you mouseover the chat log and it turns dark gray/transparent black, you'll see a tab. Right click that tab and hit UNLOCK. Then simply drag and drop it to wherever you like. :) A majority of people I know also take the combat log and drag it away from the chat box.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

WHY is it impossible to get a half decent alliance group for WSG? Everytime I play the alliance team is 20-25 whilst the horde is invariably 28-29 and very very good at their jobs.

I try my hardest, obviously I cant flag run being extremely squishie but I defend, bolster the attack, fear flag runners and fear people chasing our carrier and regularly hit top 3 damage (as a warlock should from what I hear) but I just cant do everything :x .

Yea, through countless trial and error I am still no good at any sort of PVP.

I rerolled as shadow priest with Shadorik on the Alleria server, and I can't help but try WSG or AB before I level up to a x0 level. The only problem is as an Alliance priest..you don't last long at all. Non of us really look like we know what we're doing, like a person in a wheel chair against the British Army. The Horde are so well organized it practically leaves us dead before it starts.

I stick with instances. :uhh:

3 blocks off 39. 8-)

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

There's something to be said for avoiding low level PVP. Still, keep getting yourself out there to get experience. I've played a ton of battlegrounds and I'm still crap when it comes to arenas.. doesn't mean anything. Do what you enjoy. Personally, I avoid PVP until 70 period - unless I'm playing a melee class and want to get IBS at 51.

Not all pre-70 PVP is bad but it can become very tiring very fast if you're faced against twink groups game after game.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

Yeah for the most part I sticked away from battlegrounds on this current rogue. The only times I really did is once I got burning crusade again I'd do the daily BG or something (xp + gold + honor).

Thats about it though, saving all it for when I farm honor like mad at 70.

WHY is it impossible to get a half decent alliance group for WSG? Everytime I play the alliance team is 20-25 whilst the horde is invariably 28-29 and very very good at their jobs.

I try my hardest, obviously I cant flag run being extremely squishie but I defend, bolster the attack, fear flag runners and fear people chasing our carrier and regularly hit top 3 damage (as a warlock should from what I hear) but I just cant do everything :x .

Thats normally the case with my hunter twink, usually I get stuck with mainly 10-17s while the horde are almost all super twinks or something, and when I do get a decent team, all of them are idiots, not going for the horde flag nor defending ours, they just run around in the middle of the battleground.

Like earlier today, I had a decent team but the horde were owning us, someone with 2k hp finally got the flag and brought it back, but they had ours and only 1 point to go, we defended him for half an hour, then he passed the flag on to this other dude, who runs straight into the horde base, drops the flag, and laughs like an idiot as they win the game.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

Well I've had my heartbroken, after my previous moan I had one more crack at WSG - I join the battle room, its just me. The people joining include - 2 29 rogues, 2 29 mages a 28 paladin and not a single level lower than 27 (I know levels aren't everything but it helps).

So I figure, this could go well/better then before and then, instead of a huge charge, some hunters a mage and a priest stay behind - unheard of in the "charge and hope" games I've seen. Needless to say the majority of the game I was watching X has taken the flag, Y has returned the flag within 10 secs of each other :D .

Of course I figured the attack would be blunted - hell no, paladins and warriors cut them to ribbons with a priest healing them whilst I threw an inhuman amounts of dots around and the occasional instant-shadow-bolt (nightfall might only have a 4% chance to activate per corruption tick but with 5+ corruptions placed they come around pretty soon :lol: ). Then came the best bit, one rogue stayed behind me stealthed nearly the whole game (without being asked) and anytime anybody came even close to hitting me the rogue was lightning fast in stunning them into oblivion for me to take a step back and blast - it really was effortless - and great fun! (it was also nice for rogues not to be the bane of my bloody life for once :P )

Now comes the heartbreak - despite adding all those people and being added back, I doubt i'll ever have that much fun again :cry:

Does anyone on the bladefist server want to go to deadmines with me? I can't find a group.

Oh, and what should I put my talent points into before level 50? (I'm respeccing for a felguard then)

EDIT- I just stopped getting xp. I have no idea why. I'm level 20 and killing things in the 17-21 level range and I'm fully rested. I even tried turning in a quest but that gave me nothing but coins.

Does anyone on the bladefist server want to go to deadmines with me? I can't find a group.

Oh, and what should I put my talent points into before level 50? (I'm respeccing for a felguard then)

EDIT- I just stopped getting xp. I have no idea why. I'm level 20 and killing things in the 17-21 level range and I'm fully rested. I even tried turning in a quest but that gave me nothing but coins.

You on a trial account?

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

You on a trial account?

Yes, why?