The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh not sure If I'll ever be able to roll something else again. I prob will feel like it way down the line later, but after hitting level 60+ in less than a month on a toon who had no financial support from others it kind of gets you off of leveling a bit =P.

Also I forgot how much fun outlands is for world PvP. Ok , so here is the situation:

Me (63) versus Priest (63) and a Warrior (63)

They were both grouped together questing at this one place. I ran up to the priest and started off a stunlock, and imediatly popped adren rush + blade flurry + Evasion + AP trinket.

Of course the stupid warrior stood next to the priest (both times I killed thm!) so I just burst down the priest with the warrior doing nothing to me, and finished off what hp the warrior had left from the blade flurry... lol.

First time I killed them a 70 rogue got me when they called him. The second time I waited around a bit for a boss to spawn, but after I killed it and was leaving I saw the rogue fly up to that spot to look for me -- haha.

ps: about half way to 64 atm.

(I'm about to make myself look like a total fool, but I cannot figure this out >_<)

How do I skin stuff? I bought a knife but I can't figure out how to use it. I tried using it on a corpse that says "Skinable" but nothing ever happens. Do I have to talk to someone first or something?

Sweet biox. :)

Actually thinking of rolling a Draenei priest - sort of abandoned the shaman idea.

PM!

You and Swt can be my pets.

(I'm about to make myself look like a total fool, but I cannot figure this out >_<)

How do I skin stuff? I bought a knife but I can't figure out how to use it. I tried using it on a corpse that says "Skinable" but nothing ever happens. Do I have to talk to someone first or something?

You just need to get it trained, go into Stormwind and ask a guard where a skinning trainer is.

And I dunno how many times we need to say this, but you don't need to feel silly when asking questions. WoW is nothing like RS. People will rarely laugh at you for asking such a question (unless you do it in the trade channel.. don't do that).

You have to get skinning as a profession first. You can hold 2 professions at once, and then first aid/cooking/fishing as well.

Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series.

And if any stores in your area stock books from the Black Library, look into Dan Abnett's Eisenhorn series, in the omnibus edition if you can find it.

Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series.

And if any stores in your area stock books from the Black Library, look into Dan Abnett's Eisenhorn series, in the omnibus edition if you can find it.

Cool, thanks. I'll look into the Wheel of Time series; it sounds quite interesting. :D . Not sure about the Eisenhorn series. I still dont get exactly what it is about (the conflict).

Zonor, have you ever heard of the Belgariad and the Mallorean series?

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

I don't mean to pester you guys with questions, but I can't find any other places to ask them >_<

Heres two more:

I might have to start a new account soon, what would be a good class/race to start with? I'm looking for something easy to play as and has some endgame use... preferably without slow leveling.

Does anyone know a good free leveling guide for WoW? I googled it but all of them wanted me to pay... Sorry if someone already posted one but I don't think I can go through all 140 pages of this thread without dieing.

I don't mean to pester you guys with questions, but I can't find any other places to ask them >_<

Heres two more:

I might have to start a new account soon, what would be a good class/race to start with? I'm looking for something easy to play as and has some endgame use... preferably without slow leveling.

Does anyone know a good free leveling guide for WoW? I googled it but all of them wanted me to pay... Sorry if someone already posted one but I don't think I can go through all 140 pages of this thread without dieing.

Not that I'm an expert but...

Do you mean a new character? You realise you can have lots of characters per account right?

Race makes very little difference as far as I know, there may be slight advantages but its nothing game-making. In terms of levelling I've found my warlock to be the fastest and my priest to be the slowest (I think locks are great fun personally and with your pet you can solo a lot of quests that other classes will struggle to do at the same level)

Levelling guides if you google allakazam, go onto the site and in guides search "azuarc" for his alliance levelling guide" or "ravennus" for horde (I've found both fairly useful and you can use them for every step or just to suggest a suitable area etc). There are some copies of the paid-guides floating around the forums I think but I'm not sure who has them.

New account - you mean a new character, right? How come? Anyways, if you're looking for class recommendations, a hunter is a very good solo class. Warlocks are good for solo play too.

Leveling guide can be found here: http://www.wow-pro.com/node/599

for Alliance

If there is anything I learned about WoW, it is to not rush through leveling to get to max level. For me, a majority of the game's draw is the leveling experience - especially if it is your first time playing. I think you learn a lot from going about things your own way, doing instances, etc. But that's just me. :)

sithbridgeay2.jpg

No, I mean new account. This one was a trial and my brother's brother in-law knows a way to play free but I have to start over to use the server.

So you're going to be playing on a crap private server then, thats the only way to play for free.

:roll:

No, I mean new account. This one was a trial and my brother's brother in-law knows a way to play free but I have to start over to use the server.

So you're going to be playing on a crap private server then, thats the only way to play for free.

Why would it be crap? It has all the same stuff right?

Private servers are pretty much illegal, privatly owned servers of WoW. They support something (maybe) like a hundred people, and don't have everything working.

The main thing is that they are equal to piracy and just really, really suck. You won't get a good game experience with it, trust me.

Eh, for me, part of the Wow draw is the community. WoW isn't a single player game.

It's fun to sit in Stormwind and watch hundreds of people run around, dancing naked on mailboxes, or trying to trade. I don't have this abnormal draw towards faster leveling or getting epics by clicking a button. Doing that and soloing things like Kara or something allows you to experience .1% of the game; you're missing out on the other 99.9%.

I wouldn't bother with the free version, whatever that is. Just play the game for what it is, don't use leveling guides to bypass all the content, just enjoy the game. There's so much to do and see - you can put in days of playing time and still not see a fraction of the world.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

I've read the Belgariad series and a few from the Mallorean. It was my first encounter with fantasy literature, and since I've mostly stayed with that sort of literature ever since, I'd say they are good books and definitely worth getting into. I was around 11-13 years old at the time, so it's quite hard to say if I would still like them if I tried reading them now. I think I would though... they're not "childish" in any way I can remember. I'd say go for it.

I plan on finishing all the Eddings books one day.

2009rb9.jpg

Private servers are pretty much illegal, privatly owned servers of WoW. They support something (maybe) like a hundred people, and don't have everything working.

The main thing is that they are equal to piracy and just really, really suck. You won't get a good game experience with it, trust me.

I've played private servers in depth, and while they do provide free play, most of the instances aren't scripted (hands up if you've killed Illidan? I have.. he's a tank 'n' spank on Ascent emulator), and the bigger ones have reasonably good communities, there are plenty of drawbacks.

They are filled with bugs, no matter how much the emu community works on the core. As such, being filled with bugs means they are filled with bug abusers. You will almost never have a fair fight in world PvP.

Not only that, being run by what are essentially amateurs, means anything can happen. The one I was playing on right before I reactivated my account, one of the admins had a fight with the owner, so he went nuts and rehashed the server, giving everyone the power to .GM themselves (make themself a GM), then published every account and password on the website. It was chaos.

Dinged 42 and mostly finished with the new quests in Dustwallow marsh, although I skipped some that were green. I'm not gonna get much play done in the next 48 hours though.

Heres two more:

You should have posted this a couple of weeks ago. Bubsa had one he would've gladly shared. Also, dont play private servers. There's really no point to that unless you want to play to quit.

I've read the Belgariad series and a few from the Mallorean. It was my first encounter with fantasy literature, and since I've mostly stayed with that sort of literature ever since, I'd say they are good books and definitely worth getting into. I was around 11-13 years old at the time, so it's quite hard to say if I would still like them if I tried reading them now. I think I would though... they're not "childish" in any way I can remember. I'd say go for it.

I plan on finishing all the Eddings books one day.

Yeah, I read them multiple times but only once have I read them all consecutively. I'd attempted to read them like 4 or 5 times, but I could never finish it. I'd always lose a book or something. They were my first experience with true intricate fantasy (besides Harry Potter stuff).

dmanxb7.jpg

I've been largely turned off by David Eddings, on account of the way all his characters sound the same across different series, and he has a way with screwing up potentially good story arcs with "O lol we have God on our side". That said, Althalus was good, even if it did suffer from the same faults.

Eisenhorn is a great series. If you can't find the omnibus edition, the three books are Xenos, Malleus and Hereticus. If you're new to the Warhammer 40,000 universe, Eisenhorn is a great place to start.

And why on earth would you play on a private server if you can't gank silly Alliance on it?

I've been largely turned off by David Eddings, on account of the way all his characters sound the same across different series, and he has a way with screwing up potentially good story arcs with "O lol we have God on our side". That said, Althalus was good, even if it did suffer from the same faults.

Eisenhorn is a great series. If you can't find the omnibus edition, the three books are Xenos, Malleus and Hereticus. If you're new to the Warhammer 40,000 universe, Eisenhorn is a great place to start.

And why on earth would you play on a private server if you can't gank silly Alliance on it?

lol 40k fluff. I've only ever read dawn of war and I didnt think it was particularly good. Going to a tourney in 2 weeks, cant wait!! (taking dark angels)

Tk5SF.png

I guess that is why I only read one series. I understand what you said about the whole God thing...the way you put it made me laugh :P

dmanxb7.jpg

@biox: You mean the new quests in Dustwallow or ? I'm curious to see how much easier it is without all the elite quests. And that Strangelthorn Fever quest with the gorillas got a major nerf as well I heard.

Yes, there, also 4 or 5 quests in STV are borked, along with one I just found in Badlands.

Horde side? I found nothing wrong with alliance quests around those levels (but I skipped most of STV), even if the twin elite dragon quest in Badlands is no longer marked as a group quest, with the dragons still being very much elite. Besides, Dustwallow xp / items are extremely good for a feral druid. I upgraded most of my gear over there.

The Stranglethorn Fever quest got hammered, aye. You must now collect 1 gorilla fang to start the event. It consists of three waves; the first consists of one Enraged Silverback, the second has Konda and the third has the quest mob. Nets you 8300xp, about double the standard quest xp. Hardly makes any sense.

Also, the quest which previously involved killing the level 50 elite Gorilla on Jaguaro Isle now involves a level 42 non-elite. And the requirement to even accept the quest from the letter in a bottle is still 45 -.- I'd say they messed some stuff up.