The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

Huzzah! patches have worked!!

Now...anyone have a copy of those guides that Bubsa talked about a few pages back? :lol:

Also...what should I look for in a server? Last time I played I just went with whatever they recommended (let it be noted I'm a pansy non-pvp player) - is that ok to do still?

Now just to choose a race and class...hmmm....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huzzah! patches have worked!!

Now...anyone have a copy of those guides that Bubsa talked about a few pages back? :lol:

Also...what should I look for in a server? Last time I played I just went with whatever they recommended (let it be noted I'm a pansy non-pvp player) - is that ok to do still?

Now just to choose a race and class...hmmm....

usually they recommend you on some lame small pop server. I would join a server that a TIF person is on or, failing that, look for a server with "high" population. These are the best because they usually don't have ques but have a large population in them.

If you wern't a panzy I'd recommend you come play on Burning Blade but, alas, it's PvP. :P

Sound advice. So - any EU WoW players who won't mind being pestered constantly over the christmas period? :lol: I joke I joke.

Still stuck on class, it might just be I'm not fussy but are there any that should be avoided like the plague?

Sound advice. So - any EU WoW players who won't mind being pestered constantly over the christmas period? :lol: I joke I joke.

Still stuck on class, it might just be I'm not fussy but are there any that should be avoided like the plague?

Not really. Just remember if you roll a class capable of tanking (Druid, paladin, warrior) or a class capable of healing (Druid, paladin, shaman, priest) expect to have to tank/heal in instances a lot.

If you don't really like responsibility like that (or don't like tanking / healing) you can either:

A. Roll those anyways, just refuse to do so in instances. That won't net you many groups though unless you're a hybrid class (Druid/paladin/shaman). If you roll warrior/priest 9 times out of ten you will tank/heal.

B. Stay away from those classes and instead roll a pure DPS class. DPS classes are Warlock, Hunter, rogue, mage. Those classes you really don't have much responsability other than some CC here and there and making sure you don't pull agro.

Any class is a good decision though, just depends on what you want to do. (tank/DPS/Heal or a mixture depending).

PS:

Dinged 45 just now today on my rogue. My god its going so fast too.

Already back up to 124g after buying my mount too ;D.

I'll chip in my personal class recommendation on top of Nads explanation: Don't roll a pure DPS class.

The current design philosophy, explicitly stated regarding how they intend tanking to function, is that "hybrid tanks" should all perform equally in 5-man instances and then differ in raiding instances. A druid has a shedload of hp, a warrior can stance dance/block (now that fearward's been nerfed) and a paladin can AoE tank like there's no bloody tomorrow anywhere in sight. So either way, with the proper gear, you can tank, experience the tanking playstyle and fill the tanking role in a party, should you fancy doing so. Although not explicitly stated, the same principle is/has been gradually applied to many other hybrid classes, giving them utility and better performance in hybrid roles.

If you instead like to heal rather than tank, that's just a matter of gear and a respec for druids and paladins (spare feral druids DPS in our raids). Warriors are decent DPS machines on a fair number of encounters. Priests can be both healers and DPS/utility. It depends on which playstyle you feel like experiencing, and if you get proper gear, the switch between the playstyles is a matter of a respec, or in some encounters, just a gear switch (my GM has a tankadin, and he goes into healing mode by just equipping his healing gear).

You roll a hunter, mage, warlock or rogue, you're DPS. Endof. No "I want to do something different" short of a reroll. Now, I've played a warlock for two years, have no plans on really getting into any serious raiding with another character (though my druid alt is now 38), and I _like_ being a warlock. But never having healed, there's a whole playstyle I've just never experienced in two years of playing the game (I'd count tanking, but I was Twin Emps tank so I've sort of done that, in a manner of speaking...)

tl;dr: You want the most experience out of a single class, go druid. They can be melee DPS, tanks, caster DPS and healers and they can stealth. If you're unsure of what to pick, this is the class that will offer you the largest amount of playstyle choices at lvl 70.

(That being said, I didn't play a warlock for two years because the warlock playstyle bores me to tears; I'm a dot-[bleep] and I love it, ranged DPS is what I want to do in a raid. But I know that's what I want, and if you're not entirely sure... Druid is an excellent choice to let you find out what you want to do)

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

BlueTear has the right idea.

In the end really, it depends on what you want to do. I love the rogue playstyle, I love being constantly #1 on DPS charts and I love what rogues can do in PvP.

Really though if you play a hybrid do get ready (pre 70) to do pretty much anything in instances depending on what others need.

But yeah, in the end its up to you. All of the classes are great, and are useful in both PvP and PvE in some sort of way. (Even if its just one spec, they are useful).

Ok, so I've decided on a rogue, last time I played I was a priest/warlock so I'm sick to death of spells and only cloth armour.

pretty sure I'll be horde as well. Man I've missed discussing this game, let alone playing :lol:

Hey guys, I've been playing alot the past week on my Night Elf Hunter, and I'm up to level 27. I've done a bunch of instances and got some (I think) fairly nice gear. But now, I'm having some trouble leveling because I don't know where to go for good exp/quests for my level. Right now I'm in Ashenvale, and I've finished all of the Darkshore quests.

Btw, my character

Proudmoore/Guidardo/Alliance

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

\'

I'll contact you in game - I gotta go to work right now but I will catch up with you for sure.

I've been questing with a priest as well so between the three of us we will be able to own most quests.

\'

I'll contact you in game - I gotta go to work right now but I will catch up with you for sure.

I've been questing with a priest as well so between the three of us we will be able to own most quests.

Great! :XD: I'll add you.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

Ok, so I've decided on a rogue, last time I played I was a priest/warlock so I'm sick to death of spells and only cloth armour.

pretty sure I'll be horde as well. Man I've missed discussing this game, let alone playing :lol:

Cool stuff man. Rogues are a ton of fun, even though we're still pretty damn squishy too. :P

Don't give up on them pre lvl 20, by the way. A melee fighter without heals in greys/greens does not fare well, haha. Once you get up to 20 and start getting better gear they are so much smoother to level. Generally I don't nee to sit down to eat, between canabalize (<3 undead) and bandages.

By the way, don't hesitate to ask me and questions at all about the class. I've played it for a bit now and enough that I know a good bit about all the specs. :P

(I'm leveling my 2nd rogue atm. First was lvl 70 and this one is now 45. Technically I've leveled like.. 6 rogues, because I kept getting them to the mid teens and quitting lol. I've also leveled an ally rogue to 29).

I see what you mean, that got awful dull awful quick, I kind of got tired and switched back to my old lock :oops: .

The only problem I have now (and its only tiny) is what to do with greens - most of the things I get from deadmines (which I LOVE, its such fun and has a piratey theme :lol: ) are lesser than my current gear (which you can laugh at once I work out how to link it) and I never know whether to AH it or just sell to a vendor - any suggestions?

Also I just did the suckiest deadmines run of my life, a whole run through and one green the whole time, all the blues got taken by others (including cloth by a warrior...asshat - although the priest "forgot" to heal him strangely enough)

Tempted to make an orc "something" and try out their low level instance as well.

I see what you mean, that got awful dull awful quick, I kind of got tired and switched back to my old lock :oops: .

The only problem I have now (and its only tiny) is what to do with greens - most of the things I get from deadmines (which I LOVE, its such fun and has a piratey theme :lol: ) are lesser than my current gear (which you can laugh at once I work out how to link it) and I never know whether to AH it or just sell to a vendor - any suggestions?

Also I just did the suckiest deadmines run of my life, a whole run through and one green the whole time, all the blues got taken by others (including cloth by a warrior...asshat - although the priest "forgot" to heal him strangely enough)

Tempted to make an orc "something" and try out their low level instance as well.

rfc is a horrible instance. I try just to go straight by it when levelling horde unless I have a quest in there.

Tk5SF.png

Yeah.. try out both factions and multiple races. There is a lot of gameplay to be experienced, especially if you want to switch factions.

As far as low level greens though, you can try to sell them on the AH if you'd like. Just do a search beforehand and undercut the lowest price by a silver or two. My first character, I vendored all greens and all extra linen - that was a mistake. Once you learn how to manage the AH, undercut people slightly, and stop automatically vendoring everything, you'll make some money.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

I AH every green I get - even if its a useless item, someone will probably buy it to disenchant.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... e&n=Cyrant

My roguling if anyone is curious at all.

At home right now so I don't have my PC yet. Said it should get here wensday, so its a few days w/o WoW probably. (unless I can use my little brothers PC plenty).

The only other chance is to see if it can run on this brick. Everything is fine but the video card is like a Voodoo 4. :uhh:

I found Wirt's Third Leg earlier.

Talk about friggin' awkward.

Also, here's my armory. I need to fix my talents to get rid of Improved Imp and Improved Healthstone and take Demonic Embrace now that I know just how incredibly awesome Demonic Knowledge is.

since every1 is doin' it

TREMBLE IN FEAR AT MY MIGHT

i cant believe... guild farm run through kara last night... out of all the bosses dropping a total of 30 epics.. not a single priest drop for the entire night. I still need 2 drops from aran, 1 from netherspite, the gloves from curator and the mace from either prince or maiden. Im exalted with violet eye.. you'd think i'd have 1 of em by now..

/moan.

Tk5SF.png

I've been trying out a shadow priest, so far, I'm liking him, I think I might stick with him.

Priesty Wrath

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

So, I'm not going to lie -- shadowstep looks damn sexy in PvP videos. Case in point. This guys only 64, but he's rocking level 70's.

The best thing is just the style in that video, I love all of the "jump off the ledge, shadowstep in for the kill" stuff -- its so cool.

Nothing else to do until my PC gets here so I'm watching PvP vids lol.