The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

Pre 40 preists are a bit annoying to level, after 40 (when they get shadowform) they kick [wagon] though.

1-70 as full holy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Do you... not like yourself or something? :uhh:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre 40 preists are a bit annoying to level, after 40 (when they get shadowform) they kick [wagon] though.

If you want dots, roll a warlock. If you want to heal, roll a pally. If you want a mix, go for a priest! What I'm getting at is it's hard to be good at a specific role with a priest. If you know how to play, a shadow priest can (sort of) keep up with a lock. If you know how to play, you can do just as well as a paladin.

But all that is if you know how to play... Bad priests suck.

For DPS I'd take a Shadow Priest over a Lock to a raid any day of the week.

Saw the WoW ads with Mr T. and William Shattner today on youtube. If you havn't already seen them, go take a look. Most fitting description would be "lol" though.

"Maybe Mr T. is pretty handy with computers"

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Could of watched on the main WoW website but what ever.

At Zonorhc first character I had was a Orc Warlock I think and got bored of that as I hated the beginning areas around Orc and Troll starting locations. Dint really help when you climb over a large mountain into a contested zone that you havent got a clue where you are and how to get back. I eventually died and couldent get back as I kept dieing 8-)

Also could someone update me with what Dot, Aoe and other appriviations mean please

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

AoE = Area of Effect. Something that hits an area or multiple targets

DoT = Damage over Time

HoT = Healing over time

There's just too many abbreviations to list though, but if you're wondering about specifics, ask away.

If you want to enjoy leveling content, I would recommend the following races/starting zones to get an idea of what "pretty" or fun zones there are out there:

Draenei

Human

Blood Elf

Tauren (iffy)

Gnomes/Dwarves

I don't care for Durotar nor Teldrassil - depressing and not that fun. Elwynn always has a nice feel to it.. I believe it was the first zone made. My fav. would be the Blood Elf starting zone - that definitely has an epic feel and, coincidentally, was the first zone made when BC was created.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

If you want to enjoy leveling content, I would recommend the following races/starting zones to get an idea of what "pretty" or fun zones there are out there:

Draenei

Human

Blood Elf

Tauren (iffy)

Gnomes/Dwarves

I don't care for Durotar nor Teldrassil - depressing and not that fun. Elwynn always has a nice feel to it.. I believe it was the first zone made. My fav. would be the Blood Elf starting zone - that definitely has an epic feel and, coincidentally, was the first zone made when BC was created.

IMO I liked Durotar. But, than again, it was only because for one quest you had to smack peons on the head to get back to work :lol: .

The tauren area, while it looks nice, is too big for me to enjoy and seems to have a lot of running in it. Everything in Durotar is pretty nearby.

I agree with the rest of your choices, and night elf land sucks just for the fact that after it you either have to do the places after it (not good questing zones) or do the dangerous march to westfall.

I just rolled an orc warlock, and I'm having buckets of fun with it. I'm going demonology, and I haven't run into any major problems.

Still only level 16 though.

I didn't like my warlock at first....but that was because I didn't know how to play :cry: . I went back to it after i "L2P" and I loved it. My suggestion to you is to level affliction because it's awesome. You barely ever have down time. With demonology, it isn't quite as useful as when you are maybe 40+? All up to you....

I guess you could try what Bubsa said?

Draenei

Human

Blood Elf

Tauren (iffy)

Gnomes/Dwarves

IMO I liked Durotar. But, than again, it was only because for one quest you had to smack peons on the head to get back to work :lol: .

The tauren area, while it looks nice, is too big for me to enjoy and seems to have a lot of running in it. Everything in Durotar is pretty nearby.

I agree with the rest of your choices, and night elf land sucks just for the fact that after it you either have to do the places after it (not good questing zones) or do the dangerous march to westfall.

It doesn't really matter to me although I do agree with Sith about Durotar. To me, it was kind of annoying. Also, I hate the Barrens :x I do as little as possible there adn move on to Hillsbrad around 17-18.

List of terms:

Aggro -- Aggression of the monsters. Basically drawing them out to attack you

BG--battleground

AB-- Arathi Basin battleground...it's PvP

WSG-- Warsong Gulch same thing

Eots-- Eye of the Storm same thing

AV-- Alterac Valley same thing

alt-- alternate character

banker--some people send stuff to these characters to put on AH

AH-- Auction House

BS--blacksmith

LW--leatherworking

there's some other professions but they are pretty obvious

BE--blood elf. The most hated class by alliance and horde (from what I have observed)

BoE-bind on equip...item binds when you wear it

BoP-bind on pickup...as soon as you acquire it, it is bound to you

CC- crowd control

DE-disenchant

GY- graveyard

HK-honorable kill

MT-main tank

MC-mind control

PuG- pick up group you didn't know these player before you grouped with 'em

QQ--crying or complaining

That's pretty much all I got right now. I hope this helped.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Ew durotar, only thing that place is good for is dueling :P

Tirisfal used to be my fastest 1-10 zone, but I've done eversong a few times now and I'm starting to like it better. Ghostlands after that until satisfied, then finish up in the barrens to 22/3 or so...it takes no time at all.

As for the alliance, nothing can touch the draenei lands. Elwynn is nice until you start having to run to the far east side, it slows down a lot there.

Here's my UI all:

[hide]wowscrnshot112807175827mz3.jpg[/hide]

And here it is in combat:

[hide]wowscrnshot112807180113zd9.jpg[/hide]

Damage taken scrolls up above my name plate. The overlap on the mob is because SCT staggers crits.

Try and list what major mods I have:

X-Perl Unit Frames

Telo's Buff Timers

Clearfont

ZHunter Mod

NatureECB

MetaMap

Auctioneer <3

Omen

OmniCC

Trinity Bars

MobInfo2

Bagnon

And...I think that's it :)

Not bad bubs :P. Hehe, you must have a small monitor though for that resolution.

Anyways my rogue is 28 now, stopped a bit to do some battlegrounds though. I need to get the WSG sword simply because there is nothing good (it seems) to get all the way up to level 40 or so for slow 1H swords. I'd get the outlaw sabre but it's horde only :(.

Ah well, my roomate needs to catch up a few levels anyways lol.

Yeah, couple of posts ago. They're on the WoW official site too.

I had to look up Mr.T is...I've seen him but I had no idea who he was.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Hit 22 today on my warlock.

Any ideas on why I would even think of using a succubus instead of my trusty voidwalker? Because I really don't see any reason to switch, just because I got the new summon.

I had to look up Mr.T is...I've seen him but I had no idea who he was.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

...Get out!

Hit 22 today on my warlock.

Any ideas on why I would even think of using a succubus instead of my trusty voidwalker? Because I really don't see any reason to switch, just because I got the new summon.

The void acts more as a tank for you, while the woman with the whip is DPS, obviously. What people do, though, is a thing called drain tank. Siphon Life, then Drain Life, while the Succubus and your DoTs beat the crap out of the mob. You'll take down mobs quicker, but you'll also run out of mana quicker, so it evens out.

Plus, for multiple mobs (what a warlock is great at), it's easier with the Void, so, I'd stick to it.

The only times a succubus is really useful is in instances with lots of humanoids. Along with a polymorph from a mage, sap from a rogue, and fear-kiting + chain-seducing you can put 4 humanoids out of the same fight. When there's a demon you've got banish to, and that kind of CC is just plain good.

Best to stick with the voidwalker for keeping fights more under control, and then switch back to imp when you've got dark pact and start drain tanking for your exp.

Anyone have any tips on arranging a druid's bars/hotkeys? Especially with the new auto-shift, I seem to end up placing keybindings in all kinds of weird places. Got a G15 two days ago so I'm cheating a bit by using the extra keys for some functions, but it's annoying. Can't figure out if it's a genuine issue or just the fact that all my warlock keybindings so well because I've had the same ones for two years.

Hmm, I dunno. I used Succubus for drain tanking on my BE 'lock until Dark Pact at level 40 (then switched to imp).

Shift+T to send in succy, curse of agony, corruption, siphon life, Life Tap, then drain life. Something like that. All I know is that I stacked +dmg gear and this method was reallllyyy easy, especially at level 40. I would get to the point where I would just dot three mobs and sit there, drain life'ing the third one and they'd all be dead - and I'd have full mana/health. :)

Easy to solo elites too but that really isn't a problem anymore since most elites were removed.

sithbridgeay2.jpg