Illidan

Destination Realm C

Maiev

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I feel like a huge noob posting here since you guys know so much about the game, but I just started (on a trial version, going to get the full version very soon), and so far I have 3 characters. My best is a lv16 Night Elf Hunter, then I have a lv7 Troll Mage and a lv7 Tauren Druid. Mainly i'm playing on my night elf right now, and I was just wondering if anyone could give me some tips on what to do in the game as far as quests/ways to level up and get items/money and stuff. Also, any recommendations on custom UI's would be nice. :D

If you just want to make money without gaining (as many) levels, you can just grind (kill the same things over and over), but find Humanoids - they drop the best loot (like Green-quality items, cloth which can be sold, and lots of coins). That's not always necessary because alot of the quests you get will involve doing exactly that anyway.

With quests, just get all you can and when you are deciding which ones to do, remember this; the ones shown in gray in your quest log give no xp, the green ones give the least xp but will be easiest, the yellow will give a medium amount of xp but will be a bit harder, the orange ones will almost be impossible but you will be able to do them in a group with others (and will give you alot of xp), and red ones will be mostly impossible.

Use thottbot.com or wow.allakazam.com to get info on how to beat the quests you get stuck on.

Don't worry about feeling like a noob, WoW isn't like RS where people make fun of you for not having as much experience. Just have fun playing the game and once you get into the higher levels you will begin to understand the game mechanics to a finer point.

Uldric is, I think, the most experienced Hunter among us, I'm sure he'd be happy to give you some tips on how to play one.

Thanks for the tips! :) I'll check out those websites too. So far I've been trying to do most of the quests I get, but some of them I need a group and I just can't find many people that will go with me. Luckily I have my pet, or I wouldn't have been able to do half of them. Got my first gold last night too. :oops:

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

Thanks for the tips! :) I'll check out those websites too. So far I've been trying to do most of the quests I get, but some of them I need a group and I just can't find many people that will go with me. Luckily I have my pet, or I wouldn't have been able to do half of them. Got my first gold last night too. :oops:

As a hunter, you can solo most group quests that require 2-3 people. Have you picked up a gathering skill? I'd suggest mining/skinning if your really short on cash. Copper Ore can sell for 1-3g a stack on some servers and at your level, that's a nice amount of cash.

I'd also suggest using wowhead over thottbot or allakhazam.I find it's more up to date and it's much easier to find the information you're looking for.

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

As a hunter, you can solo most group quests that require 2-3 people. Have you picked up a gathering skill? I'd suggest mining/skinning if your really short on cash. Copper Ore can sell for 1-3g a stack on some servers and at your level, that's a nice amount of cash.

I'd also suggest using wowhead over thottbot or allakhazam.I find it's more up to date and it's much easier to find the information you're looking for.

Yea, I've only gotten one main profession, alchemy, and I haven't been able to do anything with it because I need herbalism, and I haven't found a trainer for it. :( I've gotten my first aid up fairly high though, around 80. Can you forget one profession and learn a new one in its place? If so, that's probably what I'll do.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

First Aid, Cooking and fishing dont count towards your primary profession could as they are secondary profession. Meaning you can have all of them and two others.

Suggest you read this http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/professions/basics.html to find out some more background information on professions

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

Anyone else having random armory trouble on Firefox? Mostly just plain freezing the entire browser.. have to force it closed. Once and awhile things work fine but it seems like a majority of the time, Armory is screwing up my browser.

I actually saw that they had performed some maintenance on it... seems to be a bit better now.

Blackrock is finally up and now I have to head to class. A few bars from 64 and haven't really touched much of Zangar although totally done with HFP. Going to try to run SP tonight (complete 1/2 of that CE quest) and do UB a bit later when I can get the Sporeggar quests.

Can I gank you?

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Hehe okay, sounds good. I'm just questing in Zangarmarsh at the moment.. making my way towards the western part of the map soon so I can grab the Sporeggar quests for UB.

I haven't been on in about a week. 70 is boring as hell. I'll tell you when I'm on.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Thank god, I finally got some better bags.

Level 32 atm, bought myself four Netherweave bags at 6g25s a pop. Having 80 slots versus 52 is so much better. :lol:

Great thing is I still have 87g left and 10g-ish of stuff on the AH atm.

Yeah, strongly possible.

Yeah, strongly possible.

Or better yet, get the LightHeaded addon - http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... eaded.html

Displays all comments on quests from wow-head. Very useful.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

I think I might come back to retail.. the private server I was on just went belly-up in a big way, lol. I'd rather play where it counts anyway.

Hmmm. A Belf lock sounds like fun.

I'm back, rolled a Human Warlock on Proudmoore since I know people here.

I've started the transfer process for my rogue too, so I at least have a 70 to farm with. He should be on here in a few days.

[hide]wowscrnshot121107014123ej5.jpg[/hide]

I liked how you put your XP bar under your buttons, Nad, so I stole the idea. :lol:

Atlas

Atlasloot Enhanced

Bagslots

Cartographer

ClearFont2

Elkano's Buffbars

FuBar DPS

FuBar LocationFu

FuBar PerformanceFu

RuBar QuestsFu

FuBar 3.0

MobInfo-2

Necrosis

Omen

RatingBuster

RicoMiniMap

SimpleCombatLog

Trinity 2.0

X-Perl

Running on around 12mb addon usage.. not too bad.

Edit: oh yeah I meant to say; the buttons are messy because I don't have enough spells to fill them yet. :P

I liked how you put your XP bar under your buttons, Nad, so I stole the idea.

Theif! :P

I'm lvl 39 now, one more level for my mount lol. Can't wait to get it so I don't have to run every where.

might start WOW, now that runescape is ruined :(

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

might start WOW, now that runescape is ruined :(

Why what happened? :-s

Also at biox and Nadril love you Ui's shame I cant be bothered to get mine how I want it or to fiqure out how to do it.

(Also Nadril you looked nothing like what I though you would do and if you ask me you dont look your age)

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

... I blame you two for me setting foot on runescape.com for the first time in years. You teasers =P

And I didn't even get what you were refering to once I was there =/

Btw, seeing the memory usages of your addons sort of worry me... I run at 70kb+ constantly and in the interest of performance, I should really go figure out where all that memory is going.

But I cba... >_>

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif