The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I didn't even get what you were refering to once I was there =/

Eh this is a WoW thread, so I'll keep it short; they've made it so they can practically control the economy any way they like, and large trades can't be made.

:lol:

Anywho, my first maintenance since returning.

LMAO. I've just now learned what you mean. I can't believe what they've done, bahahahaha.

That was pretty much my reaction. Why bother with any "in between" steps to stop RWT? Just go all out and drive away your customer base.

Fun UI, biox. It'll be interesting to level up a casting class post-2.3 - it seems they had largest percentage of Azeroth-based armor upgrades. For example, your gloves gave what... str./int. before? Now it's +7 damage. I went to 56 on my first character (gnome mage) without ANY +damage. :lol:

sithbridgeay2.jpg

might start WOW, now that runescape is ruined :(

LMAO. I've just now learned what you mean. I can't believe what they've done, bahahahaha.

BWAHAHAHA!! Jagex took the worst possible route there tbh. I cant think of a way they could have screwed it up more. Runescape has been steadily getting worse for months imo. It was much much better in its simpler days. The peak was in mid 06 imo. since then its been one downhill step after another.

Tk5SF.png

that is hilarious :lol:

quite possibly a worse mistake than Sony did with Star Wars Galaxies

Not even close to the way Sony gutted SWG. Not even close.

... I really thought I was over that til you brought it up lol

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

What did they do?

The only thing I ever heard about SWG was that it was a pain in the butt to get to the Jedi status... took so long it almost wasn't worth it.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

ok my character is on the eu realm of Nagrand. called Xerosleep n hes a lvl70 night elf warrior so ofc hes Alliance. n yeh i quit RS for WoW n it seems from the last update maybe more people will do the same. even though i neva liked the wilderness anyway coz of pkers- so wat bout lvl3 treasure trials they changed?

What did they do?

The only thing I ever heard about SWG was that it was a pain in the butt to get to the Jedi status... took so long it almost wasn't worth it.

the game was fine untill the NGE came about (new game enhancements). it completly changed how the game was played (went from a WoW style of combat to a third person shooter) and let you select a jedi class right from the start without working for it. there where others things also but the general consensus was that it was terrible and did cause a lot of people to leave.

What did they do?

The short version goes a little bit something like this; They designed and made a game with several, at the time, unique MMOG concepts, some of which are groundbreaking to this day.

Then they spent the following two years failing miserably in balancing it. Some mean that the complexity of the system they designed made it impossible, others that they didn't have enough manpower to do it properly in the timeframe alloted, others that they just sucked. Then WoW came and turned into a smash hit. Bigtime. So someone over at either SoE or LucasArts figured "ours isn't working, and our license > their license. Let's change the game!" and the end result was basically a poorly made WoW clone with jedi. It was not the game I had bought two years earlier, nor was it the game people were expecting when they preordered the upcoming expansion back. We were offered refunds on our preorders, and a lot of people took it and walked away; Myself included with the reasoning "why pay for a poorly made clone, when I can pay for the real deal".

There are no worse examples of how to make your longterm subscribing customers go "This isn't the game I bought" in an effort to attract loads of new customers.

(Lol, it really does still piss me off to think about)

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

And I didn't even get what you were refering to once I was there =/

Eh this is a WoW thread, so I'll keep it short; they've made it so they can practically control the economy any way they like, and large trades can't be made.

:lol:

Anywho, my first maintenance since returning.

What [developmentally delayed]s. They just brutally murdered the "old" class of Rsers when they did that.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

/The Venture Co/ DeadSaber/H

I just started playing since rs is dead to me.Its really fun so far Im a level 4 undead warrior :)

I like it when people pick good names for their class and/or race, well done.

I played an Undead Rogue on a private server called Dirtnap, I always liked that name (should try grab it on Proudmoore actually).

I just started playing since rs is dead to me.Its really fun so far Im a level 4 undead warrior :)

I played an Undead Rogue on a private server called Dirtnap, I always liked that name (should try grab it on Proudmoore actually).

Not going to name any of chars Ism Jism then eh? :P

Not going to name any of chars Ism Jism then eh? :P

I learned my lesson. :)

Edit; gah, someone's got it, and eugh it's a Troll.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Dirtnap

Seriously I wanna jump onto a random Horde toon and just abuse the person for having no idea about how to name a toon. :lol:

Dinged 40 last night, and got my mount. Surprisingly enough I still have 50g left over (plus the 4 netherweave bags I had gotten).

Right now I'm aiming to hit 60 by the end of my Christmas break, which is in January.

Dinged 40 last night, and got my mount. Surprisingly enough I still have 50g left over (plus the 4 netherweave bags I had gotten).

Right now I'm aiming to hit 60 by the end of my Christmas break, which is in January.

You'll be 60 well before that. The levels just run by with the new patch. You'll be doing lvl 50-60 in ~25-30h. You don't need to do instances or the crappy elite quests like Jinth'Alor and stuff, so it's all bash n' cash, no group-looking, corpse-running or other silly stuff.

korla3eaqd3.jpg

You'll be 60 well before that. The levels just run by with the new patch. You'll be doing lvl 50-60 in ~25-30h. You don't need to do instances or the crappy elite quests like Jinth'Alor and stuff, so it's all bash n' cash, no group-looking, corpse-running or other silly stuff.

\'

This is part of the reason I decided to return and reroll.

\'

This is part of the reason I decided to return and reroll.

Likewise.

Except, in my case, I rerolled the same class. :lol:

Been there! Twice! My friend thinks I'm crazy though. He's the type who sticks with one character and does everything with it. Never really been able to do that.

I can't level an alt past 50 if I tried. There's just so more that I could do on my warlock.

Foooman.png