The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

I decided to come back, got the game (again) today. *Smiley removed*

Think I might play on Boulderfist alliance side, I kind of feel like killing BlueTear. :P (how is the PvP on Cyclone BG btw Blue?)

Just debating on a class to play now.

edit:

decided on rolling a rogue again, my roomate is rolling a warrior. Should be an entertaining combo in the arena, at least I think.

Just wondering how an arms war / rogue (either shadowstep, AR/Prep or combat maces) is going to work out for the arena...

If I was re-rolling with a friend to just do 2v2 arena I'd have went Warrior/Paladin. :P Let's hear it for... PLATE! :D

But if you are gonna stick with a Rogue. You have to try out the Sub tree. Hemo spec, cheat death, Imp sap. Ish imba for PvP. The only two classes that I have a problem with is Paladins and Warriors. Everything else I pretty much tear through like a wet tissue. Unless of course they're in much better gear than me. Which isn't hard when I'm cutting about in greens/blues. :P

Like you, I'll be gearing up in Season 1 Arena gear. Got 26.5k honor so far for my mainhand and offhand. Then I'll be working on getting the Vindicator's Leather set then the Gladiators armor. :)

Locking down a caster is pretty easy though. Start with a Garrote, before the silence wears out you'll have 4/5 points for a KS, Be careful with energy but try and do as much damage as possible for the duration of the KS, garrote, restealth, re-open with CS, 5 points, Cold Blood, Eviscerate, should finish off any caster apart from maybe a well geared lock. Although I managed a 3.5k Evis on a 70 lock yesterday... So maybe. :P

Any other class, open with a CS and do the same. If you want you can use blind aswell for extra energy and healing. Warriors and Paladins are a problem because of their armor and they have ways of getting out of our stuns. Especially annoying is that god damn bubble. -.- Blizzards idea of a joke... Let's make an already near invincible class completely invulnerable. :x

DPS buffs for Paladins too... So even if you didn't want to heal your warrior friend you could still DPS well. :P

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to come back, got the game (again) today. *Smiley removed*

Think I might play on Boulderfist alliance side, I kind of feel like killing BlueTear. :P (how is the PvP on Cyclone BG btw Blue?)

Just debating on a class to play now.

edit:

decided on rolling a rogue again, my roomate is rolling a warrior. Should be an entertaining combo in the arena, at least I think.

Just wondering how an arms war / rogue (either shadowstep, AR/Prep or combat maces) is going to work out for the arena...

If I was re-rolling with a friend to just do 2v2 arena I'd have went Warrior/Paladin. :P Let's hear it for... PLATE! :D

But if you are gonna stick with a Rogue. You have to try out the Sub tree. Hemo spec, cheat death, Imp sap. Ish imba for PvP. The only two classes that I have a problem with is Paladins and Warriors. Everything else I pretty much tear through like a wet tissue. Unless of course they're in much better gear than me. Which isn't hard when I'm cutting about in greens/blues. :P

Like you, I'll be gearing up in Season 1 Arena gear. Got 26.5k honor so far for my mainhand and offhand. Then I'll be working on getting the Vindicator's Leather set then the Gladiators armor. :)

Locking down a caster is pretty easy though. Start with a Garrote, before the silence wears out you'll have 4/5 points for a KS, Be careful with energy but try and do as much damage as possible for the duration of the KS, garrote, restealth, re-open with CS, 5 points, Cold Blood, Eviscerate, should finish off any caster apart from maybe a well geared lock. Although I managed a 3.5k Evis on a 70 lock yesterday... So maybe. :P

Any other class, open with a CS and do the same. If you want you can use blind aswell for extra energy and healing. Warriors and Paladins are a problem because of their armor and they have ways of getting out of our stuns. Especially annoying is that god damn bubble. -.- Blizzards idea of a joke... Let's make an already near invincible class completely invulnerable. :x

DPS buffs for Paladins too... So even if you didn't want to heal your warrior friend you could still DPS well. :P

Yeah I didn't want to roll paladin on the off chance I actually do some bit of raiding again. I went rogue again just because I already know how to play the class well.

Hell, even in our 'low' state we were at when I last played I could kill almost anyone, I'm looking forward to all the buffs we recently got.

Lol, sorry to dissappoint but not only am I alliance myself (*Human* Warlock, though I my first char ever was an orc warlock, but I never played him proper post-TBC), but the Boulderfist I play on is both located in Amsterdam and a part of the Misery Battlegroup.

=P

But the PvP is quite nice really. Unlike battlegrounds pre-TBC, I wouldn't any one side is dominating any of the battles. We win some, and we lose some. The once we lose mostly has to do with severe ineptitude on behalf of the alliance, but then again, we do win some. Particularly AV is, and was before the change, a fairly equal win/loss where the only real thing to consider was that if you lost the last AV and insta-joined, you were likely to lose that one as well.

Speaking of AV, I love the new changes. It's blatantly obvious a lot of people havn't figured out exactly what it means and adapted their playstyle accordingly; I have had two games where we've killed their general when we've had less than 20 more hordies to kill, after some not-so-bright whiners cried about us defending rather than going south for 15 minutes. Doesn't take a genius to realize that holding those two final towers against horde aggression is a lot safer a way to win than to have a DPS race against the horde - especially when the two final non-burned towers are IW and SH and the horde held Aid Station before we had Frostwolf. Some people just.... And... uh... ahem... yeah. >_>

Overall, 2.3 is a nice patch. The new dailies are a very nice addition, the BoJ's from Kara is just great (wandered of with 16 badges from a night of "hey, I know, let's do a Kara?", aside from finally getting the wand from Aran) and the new BoJ items, well, the general itemization on most of those sucks from a warlocks point of view, but they're still a nice addition.

Oh, and speaking of sound files, try these;

[hide]1. I was pure once.

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Ashbringer\\ASH_SPEAK_01.wav")

2. Fought for righteousness.

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Ashbringer\\ASH_SPEAK_02.wav")

3. I was called Ashbringer.

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Ashbringer\\ASH_SPEAK_03.wav")

4. Betrayed by my order.

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Ashbringer\\ASH_SPEAK_04.wav")

5. Destroyed by Kel'Thuzad.

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Ashbringer\\ASH_SPEAK_05.wav")

6. Suffer pain to serve.

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Ashbringer\\ASH_SPEAK_06.wav")

7. My son watched me die.

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Ashbringer\\ASH_SPEAK_07.wav")

8. Crusades fed his rage.

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Ashbringer\\ASH_SPEAK_08.wav")

9. Truth is unknown to him.

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Ashbringer\\ASH_SPEAK_09.wav")

10. Scarlet Crusade is pure no longer.

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Ashbringer\\ASH_SPEAK_10.wav")

11. Balnazzar's crusade corrupted my son.

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Ashbringer\\ASH_SPEAK_11.wav")

12. Kill them all! <<< My favorite!

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Ashbringer\\ASH_SPEAK_12.wav")

[/hide]

Makes me want a Legenderay Weapon solely for the pixel-crack value...

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Welcome back, Nad. I knew you would rejoin us eventually. [/Children of the Corn 'style']

I haven't had a real chance to experience anything in 2.3 - except some of the "minor" changes. The boat crews are neat - and they move around often, including when the ship "docks." The NE version, a wisp comes down and talks to the captain or some crap. In game "reality" like that is pretty fun to observe when bored - I'd say the most visible version of that is in Stormwind (and that wasn't even added in patches, just came that way).

Sounds like the 70 stuff is fun. For awhile there, the BG daily gave 4000 honor instead of 400 - was off by a multiplier of 10. There was a huge slew of complaints about something that was on the *test* realm and wasn't even implemented yet... pretty funny. I did play one AV though and was pleasantly surprised with the changes. The game was around 33 minutes or so and combined with the anti-AFK measures, most everyone was playing to win. Didn't play the entire game though so I didn't have a chance to experience everything.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

wowscrnshot112007212457hy8.jpg

I know its a step down from VR but todays the first time i've downed him.

Its one helluva fight.. gotta get the clicks right or its wipe time, and thats bloody annoying.. if you've been going perfectly for 90% and then a lag[bleep]e or badly timed quake can get you killed with a few percent left to go. Still... a very fun boss, and one i'll be doing until i get champion of the naaru.

Tk5SF.png

^ Ah ok lol.

Oh well the boulderfist was a PvP server with a full population, can't complain :P.

Roll BLACKROCK alliance.

1. Im here

2. BLoodlust---good group

3. full pop i thinik

4. Horde outnumbers us

5. Gang up on SITH

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

World of Warcraft PTR Patch 2.3.2

The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnot ... notes.html

The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/

General

/timetest is a command that can be run to provide information on game performance. /timetest 0 turns the command off. When the command is issued, the next time a player uses a flight master to travel, certain statistics will be measured and displayed at the end of that flight. All weather effects and spawns are shutdown during the test.

Quest givers with blue question marks no longer show up on the minimap.

NPC's who you have completed a quest for will display a question mark on mouseover rather than an exclamation point.

The bank controls for the guildmaster level of a guild is now grayed out. A guildmaster always has full access to a guild bank and this cannot be changed.

A "Withdraw-Repair Only" button has been added to the guild bank controls. If this is set for a guild rank, then that rank cannot actually withdraw funds from the guild bank, but they can still use that daily amount of money for repairs.

You will now automatically stand up when attacked, even if the attack doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t land.

Hunters

Arcane Shot: Ranks 1-5 will once again deal bonus damage based on attack power.

Aspect of the Viper effect increased.

Freezing Trap is no longer limited to one target at a time.

Pet leveling speed has been increased.

Mages

Cold Snap (Frost) cooldown reduced. It is now in the Ice Block position in the talent tree. This ability will no longer reset the cooldown on Fire Ward.

Conjure Mana Gem (Rank 6 - Emerald) now restores 1800 to 3000 mana and has three charges.

Ice Block (Frost) is now available on the trainer to all mages at level 30.

Icy Veins (NEW Frost Talent) decreases casting time of all spells by 20% and increases the chance your chilling effects will freeze the target by 25%. Lasts 20 sec. 3 min cooldown. It is now in the Cold Snap position in the talent tree.

Paladins

Crusader Strike (Retribution) now causes 110% of weapon damage and no longer gains any bonus from spell damage.

Righteous Fury: This spell will no longer cost twice the listed mana to cast.

Sanctified Judgements (Retribution) now returns 80% of the Seal's mana cost, increased from 50%.

Rogues

Cheat Death: When multiple attacks land simultaenously, all those resolved after the attack which triggered Cheat Death will now have their damage reduced by 90% as intended. However, the combat log will still report them doing full damage.

Hemorrhage: Rank 4 of this ability no longer has its charges consumed by non-physical attacks and spells.

Shaman

Earth Shield (Restoration) mana cost reduced.

Lightning Shield mana cost reduced.

Water Shield now restores mana periodically regardless of how many charges remain. Duration increased to 10 minutes.

Warlock

The health cost taken from the Warlock after using Health Funnel will now remain consistent between uses.

Warrior

Defiance (Protection) weapon expertise will now work in all stances. This was a bug that has been fixed.

Warriors no longer lose rage when using a macro to enter a stance theyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re already in.

Professions

Cooking

Goldthorn Tea was erroneously unlearned by most players who had learned the recipe. The recipe has been re-enabled and can be learned again from Henry Stern in Razorfen Downs at no cost.

Enchanting:

Enchant Shield - Resilience now requires a Runed Fel Iron Rod instead of a Runed Adamantite Rod.

Leatherworking:

Increased the range of leatherworking drums to 40 yards. Drums of Panic remains unchanged at 8 yards.

Items

Amani Charm of the Witch Doctor: Tooltip typo corrected.

Hearthstone: The cast time on this item is no longer affected by spell haste.

Icy Chill Enchant: The triggered effect from this enchantment will now cause a melee slow and movement snare as intended.

Idol of the Unseen Moon: This item now has a 30 second cooldown on being triggered.

Idol of Terror: The triggered agility buff from this item no longer overwrites other agility buffs.

The Netherscale Ammo Pouch is no longer a Unique item.

The Knothide Quiver is no longer unique.

Dungeons and Raids

Heroic Coilfang Resevoir- Steamvaults

Mekgineer Steamrigger's Main Chambers Access Panel is no longer interactable until Mekgineer Steamrigger has been killed.

Tempest Keep- The Eye

The number of Blood Elves guarding Prince Kael'Thas' room has been reduced.

Zul'Aman

The Amani'shi Warrior's Charge ability now has a minimum range.

The melee haste provided by Halazzi's Frenzy has been reduced to 100%.

Dragonhawks in Zul'Aman can now be skinned. This doesn't include dragonhawks that do not have loot.

Quests

Blade's Edge Mountains: Players accepting the bombing run quests in Blade's Edge Plateaus will no longer cause other players in the region to stand up.

User Interface

There is now an option to turn off the screen edge damage flash when you have a fullscreen UI up.

You can sell stacks by dropping them on the merchant window again.

Ready check (/readycheck) will now display a visual display of each party/raid member's status next to their name. This will display in the Party UI, the Raid UI and the Raid pullout UI. A player will get a check mark if they are ready, a question mark if they have not replied and a red X if they are not ready or are afk.

You can now see raid members on the minimap as dark blue dots in addition to party members which still display as light blue dots.

You can now shift click names while the petition window is open to paste them into the petition.

Fixed various problems with /castsequence getting stuck.

/cast will toggle spells again unless the name is prefixed with an exclamation mark, e.g. /castsequence Steady Shot, !Auto Shot

Bug Fixes

Fixed ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅSpell/Ability is not ready yetÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

This is great...Trainable ice block is a suitable buff for mages in my opinion. It'll give the other trees some survivability.

Also, I'm kara attuned but I face a problem: FROST or FIRE! I can't decide. At the moment, I am frost and just speced to spellfire tailoring. However, I think frost would be better because I can use it PvE and PvP. The cost is 150g to respec to frozen shadoweave, but if the reason is there I'll do it.

dmanxb7.jpg

Oh god, has anyone seen the WoW forums recently? Man the S**t has his the fan over the hunter's arcane shot buff. Looks like blizzard are considering undoing the change because of the complaints. I honestly dont see the problem with it, hunters were pretty underpowered before this update, at least now they have a chance with other classes.

Lvl 80 construction.

Dragon Drops: 11 (4 Chains, 2 Axes, 1 Med, 2 Skirts, 1 Legs, 1 2h)

God Wars Drops: 4 Zamorakian Spears, 1 Godsword Shard 1

Oh god, has anyone seen the WoW forums recently? Man the S**t has his the fan over the hunter's arcane shot buff. Looks like blizzard are considering undoing the change because of the complaints. I honestly dont see the problem with it, hunters were pretty underpowered before this update, at least now they have a chance with other classes.

I promissed myself I wouldn't get involved in the forums this time around, too much misinformation flying around and blatent trolls. Plus, everyone seems to think their class sucks.

However I don't really see the problem with thier new arcane shot.

Anyone know the cost of non-flying epic mount at revered? Including riding skill.

Thanks.

It's 1k isn't it? 900 training and 100 for the bird..?

There are several types of mounts, all which correspond to one of the four different riding skills (Apprentice, Journeyman, Expert, and Artisan).

Apprentice mounts with a standard 60% movement increase and the training needed (usually 90Gold for Apprentice Riding Skill) to ride them, can be first purchased at level 40. The character gets a rare item to summon their mount.

At level 60, epic mounts become available with a standard 100% movement increase, but need additional training (usually 600Gold for Journeyman riding skill). The character gets an epic item to summon their mount.

At level 70, a player can learn the expert and artisan riding skills. The expert riding skill costs 800Gold for training and 100Gold for the mount. The artisan riding skill costs 5000Gold for training and 200Gold for an epic flying mount. There is no way to gain a discount for the Expert and Artisan flying skill. The flying mounts are only usable with these skills and may only be summoned in Outland.

Oh and

Trixstar/Killrogg/Valendiel/Alliance

There are several types of mounts, all which correspond to one of the four different riding skills (Apprentice, Journeyman, Expert, and Artisan).

Apprentice mounts with a standard 60% movement increase and the training needed (usually 90Gold for Apprentice Riding Skill) to ride them, can be first purchased at level 40. The character gets a rare item to summon their mount.

At level 60, epic mounts become available with a standard 100% movement increase, but need additional training (usually 600Gold for Journeyman riding skill). The character gets an epic item to summon their mount.

At level 70, a player can learn the expert and artisan riding skills. The expert riding skill costs 800Gold for training and 100Gold for the mount. The artisan riding skill costs 5000Gold for training and 200Gold for an epic flying mount. There is no way to gain a discount for the Expert and Artisan flying skill. The flying mounts are only usable with these skills and may only be summoned in Outland.

Oh and

Trixstar/Killrogg/Valendiel/Alliance

:shock:

Still playing RS too? What class/level are you?

dmanxb7.jpg

[hide]wowscrnshot112507000510md9.jpg[/hide]

(rough) Mod list:

Bongos 2 Action Bar | XP Bar | Cast bar | Statistics | Options

Prat 2

ClearFont 2

X-Pearl unit frames

Natures enemy cast bar

Mob info 2

TipBuddy

AtlasLoot Enhanced

ArkInventory

Simple Combat Log

Total: 12.68 mb usage

^ Finally got my UI updated, since I reinstalled WoW and such I've been running around with the default. Changed it all up today and I like how it turned out.

(the bars on the right are nature enemy cast bars, just clicked the "move these" button to show where it was located.

Best part about it is it hardly takes up any memory since there are so few add-ons. I was going to use a FuBar but most of it is just un-needed information.