The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

Yep, what Azvy said. However, I'd recommend trying to download the 10-day trial from the net. The 14.99 you pay is for the key to create an account--not for the actual game software. So I'd recommend just downloading it (it's quite large) and trying it out for 10-days that way. The reason I say this is because I recall reading somewhere that they are releasing a WoW battlechest with the Burning Crusade inside... for a discounted rate.

So that way if you decide to stick with it, you can get the expansion and the original game for a discounted rate. Rather than buying the expansion for a higher price later on... if that makes sense. :)

sithbridgeay2.jpg

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, guess I'll look into it when my exams are over...

you can play wow on a low end PC, but i dont think intergrated graphics will cut it, i think you may be just about to play it with that ram. and you are correct about how gamecards work.

Sure they do.

I main heal raids with my 1 GB RAM, Celeron Processor and integrated graphics. Oh joy.

rangesig.gif

Best way to test system configuration is getting the free trial really. 448mb RAM makes me shudder when I think about it, but then again, I've never actually tried playing with that little RAM so maybe it is possible...

From memory, the trial can be picked up from http://www.trywarcraft.com or somesuch.

Personally, I think you miss out on a fair bit of the fun of an MMORPG if you don't play in groups/raids. Cooperating to reach a common goal makes the game - for me at least - what it is. Most of the high-end stuff - though far from all - is in way or the other designed for groups of people. The really high end stuff requires you to actually form bonds with other people as well, rather than just casual cooperation of mutual interest.

(And the only real drawback to gamecards is - at least it used to be this way - that you end paying slightly more per month than you do with a creditcard.)

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28578

yeah.. look at that sexy stuff.. you know you want it... jealous?

anyway. Best kara raid i've ever done today. Cleared up to curator with no wipes at all. New guild, great start.[/img]

NICE...

By the way, outlands seems RIDICULOUSLY easy. I like it. The quests are actually pretty cool, and it's just great overall.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

By the way, outlands seems RIDICULOUSLY easy. I like it. The quests are actually pretty cool, and it's just great overall.

Yeah, that's what really struck me about Outland. I guess it isn't so much "easy" as it is nice having everything in one place and getting usable rewards. Plus the environment is so great and makes so much sense. You can really tell how much Blizzard has progressed development wise. I remember reading somewhere that they said when they first created zones like Elwynn/Westfall, they could only efficiently program killing quests - Kill ten of these, collect ten of that.

With Outland, it's totally different. While there are enough killing quests, there's a bit more variety. Same with some of the newer Azeroth content.

I was fairly underwhelmed by the Dustwallow Marsh changes. Most of the adjustments seem to be Alliance based. There are quite a few neutral quest additions but the entire Missing Diplomat/King Wynn questline was continued along with some other quests regarding that Black Inn, etc. The Horde didn't really get anything like that. To be fair, they do have more quests pre-2.3 than Theramore. Other than the neutral quests, Mudsprocket is quite small and doesn't have many quests.

I'm not sure what I was picturing really - the changes are definitely noticeable and welcome but I was hoping they'd go a bit further somehow. I just hope they target Azshara next. I'd like to see more Draenei/Blood Elf outposts throughout Azeroth.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

Wow, the Headless Horseman event is ridiculously easy for the rewards you get. He drops nice rings and a Damn Nice Plate DPS Helm..

Caster DPS Ring

Healing Ring

Melee DPS Ring

He can be easily farmed and I've 3 manned him soo... Get your easy epics while they last! Just go to SM GY, find the pumpkin shrine, summon his noob arse. 70 leet so you need a healer, tank and however many DPS you feel comfortable with.

rangesig.gif

Wow, the Headless Horseman event is ridiculously easy for the rewards you get. He drops nice rings and a Damn Nice Plate DPS Helm..

Caster DPS Ring

Healing Ring

Melee DPS Ring

He can be easily farmed and I've 3 manned him soo... Get your easy epics while they last! Just go to SM GY, find the pumpkin shrine, summon his noob arse. 70 leet so you need a healer, tank and however many DPS you feel comfortable with.

Idd, he's incredibly easy. I did him 4 times last night.. the healer ring dropped but a freakin Elemental shammy needed it for his "healing gear".... GAH! anway... I'm gonna keep killing him until he drops it for me. Its easy money with people on my realm willing to pay stupid prices for the brooms.

Tk5SF.png

That helm looks pretty cool.

Too bad I think I'm done with WoW for good now. My girlfriend probably is too.

Just tired of it and we believe, as all developers do, that WoW's dev's have lost their touch on reality and have forsaken it for their "vision".

Why is it that "creative vision" always makes the games awesome, and then ruins them? :P

"If I did break into a hotel room to steal my trophies, this is how it happened."

Just tired of it and we believe, as all developers do, that WoW's dev's have lost their touch on reality and have forsaken it for their "vision".

Why is it that "creative vision" always makes the games awesome, and then ruins them? :P

Do you plan to move on to a newer game?

As for me, I'm almost 70. I understand how easy 60-70 is, and I used to think it would be hard.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

As for me, I'm almost 70. I understand how easy 60-70 is, and I used to think it would be hard.

At the moment...Probably not. Warhammer Online looked promising, but has since looked a tad less promising. And I mean really...After you play WoW, there is a certain standard that needs to be met and no MMO's are meeting it. They all seem sluggish and lame in comparison. WoW is an amazing game, but the dev's have been losing their vision and forsaking the word of the player a lot more than they used to.

"If I did break into a hotel room to steal my trophies, this is how it happened."

At the moment...Probably not. Warhammer Online looked promising, but has since looked a tad less promising. And I mean really...After you play WoW, there is a certain standard that needs to be met and no MMO's are meeting it. They all seem sluggish and lame in comparison. WoW is an amazing game, but the dev's have been losing their vision and forsaking the word of the player a lot more than they used to.

Thats why I'm sticking to other games until I'm 70(years old) then I'll play WoW till I die. :P

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

For me it was a breath of fresh air to be playing other games, especially with more of an emphasis on PvP. Even on a high rate Lineage II server I'm playing right now I enjoy it more than WoW.

For me it was a breath of fresh air to be playing other games, especially with more of an emphasis on PvP. Even on a high rate Lineage II server I'm playing right now I enjoy it more than WoW.

You would think so, but I feel like wow is pretty perfect as far as gameplay goes, it's just that their systems to go WITH the gameplay are sucking out loud.

geeez.... lurker below is bloody hard.. I know 25 man bosses are difficult but geez. Even the adds hit harder than a lot of bosses.
Did Lurker below for the first time the other week and I'm inclined to say he's easier than Ragnaros. Like many TBC bosses he's got more of a gear check than I think any raiding encounter at that level should have, but once you've got a sufficiently geared raid, he'll fall over in fairly short order.

Btw, did you guys see the new BoJ rewards? All of that haste is making me drool a fair bit, definitely going to replace me offhand and bracers when the patch hits. Just gotta get another 10 BoJs so I can do them both on patch day.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

geeez.... lurker below is bloody hard.. I know 25 man bosses are difficult but geez. Even the adds hit harder than a lot of bosses.

Your best Karazhan has been through curator with no wipes and you tried Lurker... I feel for you, I really do.

not true.. new guild cleared kara in 1 night then went straight on to SSC.

and yeah i think its down to being just not good enough. after 5 sets of ambushers he should be down and he was only at about 40% when we tried.

Also people thinking they can be imba and 'time' the spout dodging and just failing.

Tk5SF.png

Hmm, I've just realised I'll be playing on EU realms and not American realms when I get WoW, because american players sound cooler to play with :P . Are EU Realms still good with good communities? Are there any un/official tip.it guilds on EU realms? :)

Oh and would a holy spec'd paladin be good for solo play?

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Hmm, I've just realised I'll be playing on EU realms and not American realms when I get WoW, because american players sound cooler to play with :P . Are EU Realms still good with good communities? Are there any un/official tip.it guilds on EU realms? :)

The only thing the US realms have got that we don't have is more people and the majority speak English. Take the server me and Azvi play on. Most of the server speak Swedish. (I know Azvi's Swedish...) But even he finds it annoying when people walk up to him and say nothing but "swe?".

As for your character choice... A holy Paladin as far as I know is based on healing. So you'll last a crap load longer but you'll struggle to kill things as fast. For levelling you'll want to go a Retribution spec Paladin (Anyone correct me if I'm wrong), then when you hit 70 you can respec into Holy so you can heal in instances and raids. Personally on the PTR I specced into what's called a Survivaldin, which is a Holy/Protection spec and with Tier 6 (as everyone had it) I was pretty much invincible 1 on 1. Hell... In Booty Bay when I was grinding Bloodsail rep I got attacked by both a warlock and a rogue at the same time as being attacked by two mobs and I still didn't die. The rogue was a laugh as I could easily outheal (with healing gear) his damage and the warlock wasn't exactly in control either. The mobs were more of an annoyance than a threat too.

You want a quick killing solo spec? Go a warlock, hunter, warrior (fury/arms), mage (frost). If you want to survive an atomic bomb? Roll a Paladin or Prot Warrior. Personally? I play a Rogue. So we won't get into that... :lol:

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

Sure, if you're the kind of guy who likes to watch paint dry.

Go ret if you really want to level a paladin, at 70 do whatever.

Sure, if you're the kind of guy who likes to watch paint dry.

Go ret if you really want to level a paladin, at 70 do whatever.

at 70 DO NOT go retri.. you wont be able to get a group for anything ever. and ret palas arent particularly good in PvP either.

Tk5SF.png