The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

(PS. They did something to the Darkrune event that makes it a lot harder. Both casting order as well as Chaos Strike effect. I got pwned while doing it now and the first thing I did was log on to my auction alt and take down my Badge of Tenacity. Have this funny feeling it's going to tripple in value unless they reverse some of the nerfs...)

Don't worry about it too much, it's been confirmed that some of the changes were in fact bugs, with the main bug being Death Blast not draining life at all.

Surely, the Tentacles actually using their Mindflay once more is intended. With the Tentacles just hanging around doing nothing, Shartuul seriously was too easy (and a bit boring). But having a bunch of Tentacles hammering you without being able to heal up efficiently's a real pain. But I doubt that they'll issue a hotfix simply for this one event, so I guess we'll have to wait a bit.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(PS. They did something to the Darkrune event that makes it a lot harder. Both casting order as well as Chaos Strike effect. I got pwned while doing it now and the first thing I did was log on to my auction alt and take down my Badge of Tenacity. Have this funny feeling it's going to tripple in value unless they reverse some of the nerfs...)

Don't worry about it too much, it's been confirmed that some of the changes were in fact bugs, with the main bug being Death Blast not draining life at all.

Surely, the Tentacles actually using their Mindflay once more is intended. With the Tentacles just hanging around doing nothing, Shartuul seriously was too easy (and a bit boring). But having a bunch of Tentacles hammering you without being able to heal up efficiently's a real pain. But I doubt that they'll issue a hotfix simply for this one event, so I guess we'll have to wait a bit.

I like you fellow gnome.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

2.2.2 to be released next week (by October 3rd). 2.3 notes: http://boards.worldofraids.com/topic-7593-1.html

Still waiting to hear on pre-BC/Azeroth changes.

I hate how warlocks will probably get nerfed to the ground...

dmanxb7.jpg

Rogues

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââPoisons will enchant your weapons for 1 hour instead of 30 minutes.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââFleet Footed increased to 15% speed increase

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââDeadly Throw travel speed is being significantly increased. (src)

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââDeadly Throw snare duration is being slightly increased by 1 second. (src)

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââDeadly Throw no longer triggers Ruthlessness. (src)

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââRuthlessness now only affects melee Finishing Moves.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââBlind will no longer require a reagent. It will also be changed to a ranged physical attack, will share the same diminish category as Cyclone, and diminish in PvE as well as PvP. It will no longer be considered a poison. (src)

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââShadowstep may now be used while not in stealth. (src)

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââShadowstep reduces threat caused by your next Ambush, Garrote, or Backstab by 50%. (src)

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââShadowstep cooldown increased to 40 seconds. (src)

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââDirty Deeds increases the damage of special attacks by 10%/20% against targets that are below 35% health in addition to its current effect. (src)

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââHemorrhage has an incoming buff. (src)

Sure, now rogues are getting buffed. #-o .

I'm actually quite keen to come back. The Warlock I rolled just before my subscription ran out was beginning to get fun (at level 20).

I've been playing a private server a little but it's just not the same, and buggy as hell. I had 12 days Res sickness at one stage, before a GM helped me out.

My raid group and I downed Illhoof, Prince and Nightbane tonight. It was much more of a challenge than normal because for the whole time it was only me and another druid on heals. Nightbane with 2 healers; especially druids is... a challenge. :lol: In the end I got my ring from Illhoof, I won the roll on T4 helm but passed it over because my goggles were better ( I thought ), and I got my staff from Nightbane. Not a bad night. :)

rangesig.gif

nightbane with only 2 healers?! thats insane.

well. My old guild died, but a few of the most active members broke off and we formed a new one, doing pretty well so far, halfway thru kara this week.

is dead. long live !

Tk5SF.png

well. My old guild died, but a few of the most active members broke off and we formed a new one, doing pretty well so far, halfway thru kara this week.

is dead. long live !

very nice. How do mages fair in Kara?

dmanxb7.jpg

Yeah, it's funny, but the overpowered spec consists mostly of talents from demonology *cough*SOUL LINK*cough* and they nerf an affliction spell.

???

As warrior put it on the warlock forums "I'll continue to beat Affliction Locks, and get horribly beaten by SL/SL locks, so for me this change doesn't really matter. " Add to that the fact that the classes with healing reducing abilities available to them today are the ones we kill us best as it is (and that's not touching the rumor of a ranged MS being given to hunters, who can already go immune to deathcoil) one really has to wonder how long it will take before they actually address the problem rather than chip away at every other specc.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

is dead. long live !

very nice. How do mages fair in Kara?

usually one or two per group. I cant think of any boss for which they are essential, but mages are certainly very useful in general. You're in there for AB and water for the raid as much as anything else. You dont have very useful CC because theres very few humanoid mobs.

Tk5SF.png

Yeah, it's funny, but the overpowered spec consists mostly of talents from demonology *cough*SOUL LINK*cough* and they nerf an affliction spell.

???

As warrior put it on the warlock forums "I'll continue to beat Affliction Locks, and get horribly beaten by SL/SL locks, so for me this change doesn't really matter. " Add to that the fact that the classes with healing reducing abilities available to them today are the ones we kill us best as it is (and that's not touching the rumor of a ranged MS being given to hunters, who can already go immune to deathcoil) one really has to wonder how long it will take before they actually address the problem rather than chip away at every other specc.

Yeah, they're nerfing the wrong things.

Another example, what's up with evocation? It's CD is 8 mins and it doesn't even restore full mana. They *tried* to fix it but failed. Another thing, what's up with crappy mana gems?

I just dont want my affliction lock to get nerfed when they aren't fixing the OP part of warlocks.

On a side note, what do you think of the changes from 1-60. I'm kind of ticked because my mage just hit 60 (or is about to), and I just leveld my lock from 20-45 in the past couple of weeks. On the flipside, I might be able to roll a warrior. I am tired of stupid/idiotic tanks, so I'm rolling one. In BRD, I, not the tank, am taking control of the markings and such.

@ Jaziek. How's our DPS? Does it top?

dmanxb7.jpg

i dont pay much attention, my dmgmeter is set to healing. but it varies. there are some fights where you'll slaughter other classes in terms of dps, and others where you'll be in the middle somewhere. It all depends on who is doing what in the fights. A proper pve spec mage will usually get in the top 3 for dps though, in my experience.

Tk5SF.png

i dont pay much attention, my dmgmeter is set to healing. but it varies. there are some fights where you'll slaughter other classes in terms of dps, and others where you'll be in the middle somewhere. It all depends on who is doing what in the fights. A proper pve spec mage will usually get in the top 3 for dps though, in my experience.

Cool, that's a good sign...I don't mean to brag or anything, but I think I'm an above average mage (in terms of knowing my class and dpsing).

dmanxb7.jpg

Not saying they are an easy class to play, but Mages are extremely powerful and it wouldn't be too difficult to be "above average".

Having said that, you're always needed, especially in 10+ man content.

Not saying they are an easy class to play, but Mages are extremely powerful and it wouldn't be too difficult to be "above average".

Having said that, you're always needed, especially in 10+ man content.

I understand that, but I've grouped with some pretty bad mage. It's not so much they are bad mages actually, but they are stupid in real life.

dmanxb7.jpg

On a side note, what do you think of the changes from 1-60. I'm kind of ticked because my mage just hit 60 (or is about to), and I just leveld my lock from 20-45 in the past couple of weeks. On the flipside, I might be able to roll a warrior. I am tired of stupid/idiotic tanks, so I'm rolling one. In BRD, I, not the tank, am taking control of the markings and such.
Heh, my alt - who's only lvl 17, and probably won't hit 30 before 2.3 goes live, is a druid who I'm so far planning to build as a tank for pretty much the same reason; You want a group somewhere as a tank on my server, you can get it faster than you can say "I could tank for you?"Another advantage of druid is if I decide I want to try healing for a bit, I can just respec and equip other gear. If I want to stealth like a rogue, I've got that too. Quite different from being ranged DPS with the odd crowd control function.

I'm on Bronze Dragonflight EU. Have a level 31+ mage and a load of minor alts level 1-17. My main is CalcÃÆÃâÃâíum and I often use CÃÆÃâÃâálciÃÆÃâÃâúm (Draenei Shaman). Drop me a Whisper if you are on that realm.

My realm sucks however for Alliance. There is always a raid in either Astranaar, Auberdine, Elwynn Forest, Sentinel Hill or Menethil Harbour.

Also, can you guys post your UIs. I have like 80 AddOns and I was wondering if I was the only one. <3:

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I'm on Bronze Dragonflight EU. Have a level 31+ mage and a load of minor alts level 1-17. My main is CalcÃÆÃâÃâíum and I often use CÃÆÃâÃâálciÃÆÃâÃâúm (Draenei Shaman). Drop me a Whisper if you are on that realm.

My realm sucks however for Alliance. There is always a raid in either Astranaar, Auberdine, Elwynn Forest, Sentinel Hill or Menethil Harbour.

Also, can you guys post your UIs. I have like 80 AddOns and I was wondering if I was the only one. <3:

I've yet to find a custom UI that i Really really really like. I use a lot of raid addons but nothing that drastically changes my UI.

Atlas

Atlasloot

Perl frames

Deadlybossmods

KTM

are the ones that i've stuck with, I chop and change between others a lot

Tk5SF.png

Heh, my alt - who's only lvl 17, and probably won't hit 30 before 2.3 goes live, is a druid who I'm so far planning to build as a tank for pretty much the same reason; You want a group somewhere as a tank on my server, you can get it faster than you can say "I could tank for you?"Another advantage of druid is if I decide I want to try healing for a bit, I can just respec and equip other gear. If I want to stealth like a rogue, I've got that too. Quite different from being ranged DPS with the odd crowd control function.

For some reason druids never appealed to me. They are great tanks and such, but there's something about them....Maybe I'll try one later.

By the way, what server (and faction) are you on?

Also, I installed TBC.

dmanxb7.jpg

For some reason druids never appealed to me. They are great tanks and such, but there's something about them....Maybe I'll try one later.

By the way, what server (and faction) are you on?

Also, I installed TBC.

Europe-Boulderfist-Alliance.

Someone asked something about user interfaces, and rather than just a list I'll post a screenie of mine. Bit of an addon junkie myself so there's a fair few that does things you don't see here. Among the notables is Geist, which - when you press a hotkey - opens a bar at your current mouse target. Much, much handier than mouseover, but you don't need to use any of your default bars. Bags are open because the bag addon I use deserves to be displayed simply because it's so good.

wowscrnshot100207163310hh1.th.jpg

Funny story I just remembered:

A few weeks ago, while idling in Ironforge this guy invites me to a group, and against my better judgement and partly out of curiousity to see what he wants, I accept the invitation. Upon asking him what he wants, he replies simply with "duel", I turn him down more politely than was probably needed; cue him flipping out and start calling me names (???). I put him on ignore.

I then inspect him.

I think I laughed for a good solid minute.

Points of interest: chest enchant and hit rating.

What's important to note here, is that he didn't have any of those epics back then, and most of his gear was consisted of quest-greenies, which, makes it even funnier in my eyes.

To this day, I don't understand how he could possibly have come to the conclusion that he could take me down. Alright, my gear isn't great by any means, but compared to his back then... I wouldn't be surprised if I was able to auto-attack him to death.

2009rb9.jpg