The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

Hmm. I just bought myself a new computer, and I'm wondering if it's WoW-worthy.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3169451&sku=G153-GM5420

Anyone know if this will run WoW well?

You'll be fine.

Edit: Saw that your running Vista with that.. you'll still be okay, but you won't be able to Alt+tab very good or listen to music.

I disagree, onboard graphics on it might not handle WoW. Especially in TBC (Shattrath).

The good news is, if it doesn't work you can always go out and buy a decent graphics card for it as it has a spare PCI-E x16 slot. :)

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All it really means is I'm going to have some framerate lag. Which I'm used to, considering my past computers. A reliable source told me that Gateway computers are very good gaming computers. As for Shattrath, I've read on the WoW forums that lag there is pretty much going to be a given anyways. It'll just be a throwback to my early days in Stormwind.

I rarely, if ever, alt-tab out of anything. If I want to listen to music, I have a CD player handy. :D My only concern is with Ventrilo, if I plan on any sort of endgame raiding.

I'm looking forward to coming back to WoW. All of these console games I've been playing never seem to dent my incurable boredom like WoW does. :)

All it really means is I'm going to have some framerate lag. Which I'm used to, considering my past computers. A reliable source told me that Gateway computers are very good gaming computers. As for Shattrath, I've read on the WoW forums that lag there is pretty much going to be a given anyways. It'll just be a throwback to my early days in Stormwind.

I rarely, if ever, alt-tab out of anything. If I want to listen to music, I have a CD player handy. :D My only concern is with Ventrilo, if I plan on any sort of endgame raiding.

I'm looking forward to coming back to WoW. All of these console games I've been playing never seem to dent my incurable boredom like WoW does. :)

First of all, these reliable sources. Do they know anything of computers? It's got nothing to do with what make the computer is. It's to do with the components inside. Trust me, someone who has built and maintained his own computers for around 6 years now, that computer is not for gaming. It's to be used for normal family based stuff, going on the web, writing up documents and making slideshows. Editing pictures etc...

BUT! If you do get the PC, install WoW and have little or no lag. You have my permission to bite my [wagon] off (with proof of course) and call me stupid 'n'stuff. :wink:

And if you seriously are considering endgame raiding, you better get a decent dedicated graphics card. Sure you can handle the lag, but can the other 9 or 24 members of your team handle it? If you go DPS it might be tolerable for you to lose some damage but if you're tanking or healing, losing aggro or healing could result in a wipe and very angry people. :P

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

Just won the fishing tournament and picked up my nice [Arcanite Fishing Rod]. Highlights included not having my HS set to Booty Bay so I had to ride there - and as my bro put it "wow, you're going to be so pissed if you lose because you didn't have your HS there" - forcefully removing a lvl 70 warrior from *my* school of fish (Considering the lack of a challenge, I suspect he was prot) and a relaxing gankfest outside the entrance to the city, luckily *after* I won - I swear, they nerfed those gaurds.

Weird, yet a fun event :)

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

i quit wow.. u think i could sell my 70 lock with 975 shadow dmg and a [cabbage]ty 70 warrior for somethin

Free.png

@Dragonseance #1 to 200m all.

www.twitter.com/dragonseance

First of all, these reliable sources. Do they know anything of computers? It's got nothing to do with what make the computer is. It's to do with the components inside. Trust me, someone who has built and maintained his own computers for around 6 years now, that computer is not for gaming. It's to be used for normal family based stuff, going on the web, writing up documents and making slideshows. Editing pictures etc...

BUT! If you do get the PC, install WoW and have little or no lag. You have my permission to bite my [wagon] off (with proof of course) and call me stupid 'n'stuff. :wink:

And if you seriously are considering endgame raiding, you better get a decent dedicated graphics card. Sure you can handle the lag, but can the other 9 or 24 members of your team handle it? If you go DPS it might be tolerable for you to lose some damage but if you're tanking or healing, losing aggro or healing could result in a wipe and very angry people. :P

His brother is an experienced computer technician, so I trust his take on it.

Reading through the forums, you see an awful lot of people playing WoW using computers that are not dedicated to gaming, yet still manage to play the game well. It may not be the "mega ultimate gaming computer" that has 70 fps in Aldor Rise of Shattrath, but it will get considerably better FPS than my last computer (Which was barely big enough for TBC anyways, and lag was horrid). I'm looking forward to walking through Orgrimmar with manageable FPS for once, and returning to PvP.

I did my first kara run last night and we almost downed the hunter i was tanking hunter fine but heh our other tank is 350 def rating so he is working on that. Im working on uncrushable but i cant find anymore block parry dodge equip, any tanks out there who will want to help. :anxious:

After I format, I'm gonna get a copy of Bioshock, and play that until Spore is released.

I'm over WoW, I am pretty sure.

changeable hairstyles..............

Yeah, that's gonna drag me back.. :lol:

Woo we downed moroes tonight it took us three tries but he was downed =P~ . He dropped both clothie items and i was so lucky to get http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30641 they are really sweet for tanking. Were gonna clear back past moroes again this week an get on to maiden. Is there any tricks to her?

for a tank? keep her in the middle... its more that the people with dispel / cleanse need to be quick on the trigger and you'll be fine, also, when she charges her repentance everybody get inside the aoe range so the stun breaks instantly and then back out again.

Tk5SF.png

Woo we downed moroes tonight it took us three tries but he was downed =P~ . He dropped both clothie items and i was so lucky to get http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30641 they are really sweet for tanking. Were gonna clear back past moroes again this week an get on to maiden. Is there any tricks to her?

She's easy, just do what Jaziek said. Really its all up to the players who have dispel to win that fight -- its a standard tank and spank.

Downed Al'ar tonight. He's bloody tough and not really worth it except to clear the trash for Void Reaver. Anyway, Void Reaver tomorrow night.

wowscrnshot092107014958bi3.th.jpg

Did anyone get the Phoenix? I've used that thing on a private server; wow, it's amazing.

Anyways it seems you are the most progressed on this thread at the moment, well done. ;)

Freakishly enough, my WoW is now in the process of applying a myriad of patches.

It's only Friday for heaven's sake, letmeplay!

edit: Mental note; Must not accidentally open test realm client instead of normal client. The ensuing confusion is a Bad ThingÃÆââââ¬Ã¾Ãââ

Freakishly enough, my WoW is now in the process of applying a myriad of patches.

It's only Friday for heaven's sake, letmeplay!

edit: Mental note; Must not accidentally open test realm client instead of normal client. The ensuing confusion is a Bad ThingÃÆââââ¬Ã¾Ãââ

Yeah, I've done that at least 3 times since I started playing on the PTR's...

I think you could be a little more patient though. :P Not like it takes too much time. :ohnoes:

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

Downed Al'ar tonight. He's bloody tough and not really worth it except to clear the trash for Void Reaver. Anyway, Void Reaver tomorrow night.

wowscrnshot092107014958bi3.th.jpg

Good luck on Void Reaver, shouldn't be too difficult though, he's the one of the easiest 25 man raid bosses.

I decided to cancel my account finally after something like 2+ years and 176 days played. After my old pre-expansion guild broke up just before clearing Naxx the game just hasn't been the same. Raided pre-nerf SSC/TK (aka hell) and Hyjal/BT on a server I transferred to but I just decided it wasn't worth the time or commitment anymore without all the friends I had during Naxx.

"The only way to avoid packaging the water would be to deliver it to people's homes and places of business through some sort of amazingly intricate and complex series of reservoirs, pumping stations, pipes . . . hey, wait a second.."

Yeah, I've done that at least 3 times since I started playing on the PTR's...

I think you could be a little more patient though. :P Not like it takes too much time. :ohnoes:

Hey, it applied six different small patches in a row!

As a sidenote, I ended up giving the EULA a quick once over after I noticed it had been updated near the end of august. Quite amused t ofind a clause about "oral communication" I don't remember seeing before.

And if Uldrics guild, gratz on the Al'ar kill!, does TK the way most guilds on my server do it, they've already killed Void Reaver. No guild on my server kills Al'ar before VR, 'cause he's just a gear check. Got enough gear, he dies.

No offense to anyone here, but I think WoW is a game for stuck up selfish rude brats. (tried it once, everyone was a total [wagon](if I can't say that then mods can delete this)

*puts on flame-proof armor*

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

No offense to anyone here, but I think WoW is a game for stuck up selfish rude brats. (tried it once, everyone was a total [wagon](if I can't say that then mods can delete this)

*puts on flame-proof armor*

bfft.. this is a wow thread you moron.. you put on a +FR set.

lolol I liek played for 10 minutes and got2 lvl 3 but i couldnt get further cos when i spmmed teh chats every1 callzed me a nub . cos theyr all gai!

Tk5SF.png