The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

I was going to try the 10-day free trial but I keep getting 404 errors while trying to create the account.

If you create an character without an expansion can it still be used with the expansion?

Wait, are you asking if you can use the expansion material without having actually bought it?

No, no you can't.

2009rb9.jpg

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to try the 10-day free trial but I keep getting 404 errors while trying to create the account.

If you create an character without an expansion can it still be used with the expansion?

Wait, are you asking if you can use the expansion material without having actually bought it?

No, no you can't.

No, If I buy the original game and create a character, then buy an expansion will I have to create a new character?

No, no you can't.

No, If I buy the original game and create a character, then buy an expansion will I have to create a new character?

No you will not. Honestly, you really do not need to buy the expansion until you hit level 50-58 (although it is useful before then but not essential). There must be something else wrong.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxg0zhLzZfqt0fMqV0V

Are there any other priest here that can take a look at that build? I think i've covered just about everything ... got both buffs, but no imp because i want the empowered healing. I just want someone else to check it out to see if i've made a glaring mistake.

Tk5SF.png

You can play WoW for free like this:

however this is a PRIVATE SERVER, meaning some stuff won't work like the friends list. But the guilds do work

Below is the link for playing WoW for free, if you want to try it

Please be alliance, we need people on alliance since the horde players outnumber us 3-1

http://www.wowherocraft.com/forum/viewt ... read_id=53

make a post if you will try it

this is the link for making a game account for the server:

http://206.222.5.186/

if you do play WoW remember not to stop playing RuneScape,

also my screen name on there is yoshihuan

if you want to talk to me, just say that your from tip.it

Note: this is NOT a trial, you can play till when ever you decide to quit on this server

Edit:

Note, on this private server you get 40 times more experience than the regular server, same with the item drops and money

some people think it is more fun but some don't, your choice

member home= world 59

nonmember home=world 7

mithmmagecape,yoshi%20huan.gif

I've played several private servers, they aren't bad. One of the only problems is that events aren't scripted, so for boss fights they don't have different phases or anything - it's all just tank and spank.

I've played several private servers, they aren't bad. One of the only problems is that events aren't scripted, so for boss fights they don't have different phases or anything - it's all just tank and spank.

Did these servers have a substantially larger number than 20 people online at a time?

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Did these servers have a substantially larger number than 20 people online at a time?

Average of 200, capped at 500.

Vaneras (Blue Poster) just made an interesting post about the leveling improvements for patch 2.3:

As many of you already know we've been working on changes designed to improve various aspects of leveling for those making their way to level 60. These improvements, available in patch 2.3 will come in many forms and should significantly contribute to a more fluid and enjoyable leveling experience .

The first notable change was to simply reduce the amount of experience needed each level by approximately 15% between levels 20 and 60. Please note that when the patch is released, characters affected by this change will remain at their current level percentage. For example, if a character had exactly 50% of the current level's total experience before this change went into effect, the character would still have exactly 50% of the current level's total experience; only now fewer points would be needed to level.

Questing plays a very large role in World of Warcraft, especially while leveling and we felt that improvements to this front were necessary as well. Experience gained for completing quests (on average) between levels 30 and 60 is being increased. The increase becomes more substantial as you make your way towards 60. Additionally, many outdoor elite mobs will become non-elites, making many quests which were previously too difficult or required a group much easier and offer the same rewards (in some cases better!). A good example of this change would be Stromgarde Keep in Arathi Highlands, which will become a solo friendly environment when patch 2.3 goes live.

We've also added approximately 60 new quests in Dustwallow Marsh. This should help players who find themselves lacking quests in the 30-40 range. The Steamwheedle Cartel is building the new town of Mudsprocket in south-west Dustwallow Marsh, so you'll have to wait until construction is complete to learn more about these changes.

We're making other improvements to pre-bc leveling dungeons that players will likely find most agreeable. The level range for most every dungeon is being adjusted so that there is a much smaller range between the level of mobs found early in the dungeon to those found towards the end. For example, Shadowfang Keep is currently designed for levels 18-25 which means that right now, players who are towards the bottom of that range (18) will find it nearly impossible to complete the dungeon, while players towards the top of the range (25) will find most of the dungeon trivial. Using our new model (similar to what you'll notice with Burning Crusade leveling dungeons), Shadowfang Keep is being retuned for levels 18-21.

We also want to make running a leveling up dungeon more worth while. In addition to increasing quest experience for dungeon quests, we're also upgrading all pre-bc dungeon boss drops to blue quality items. Some examples are listed below:

Ragefire Chasm

Robe of Evocation old: +3 Stamina, + 4 Intelligence

Robe of Evocation new: +4 Stamina, +5 Intelligence, and +5 Spell Critical Strike Rating

Deadmines

Smite's Reaver old: +2 Strength, +1 Stamina, +1 Spirit, 11.1 dps

Smite's Reaver new: +2 Strength, +3 Stamina, +2 Hit Rating, 14.5 dps

Shadowfang Keep

Robes of Arugal old: +3 Agility, +5 Stamina, +9 Intelligence, +10 Spirit

Robes of Arugal new: +3 Spirit, +5 Stamina, +9 Intelligence, +12 Spell Damage

As you can see there is much in-store for the next major content patch, particularly a number of changes designed to benefit players who are leveling a character. Though we've given you a few examples of the things to come, we think everyone will pleasantly surprised when they see the full extent of the changes discussed above.

Sweet.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

[hide]

Vaneras (Blue Poster) just made an interesting post about the leveling improvements for patch 2.3:

As many of you already know we've been working on changes designed to improve various aspects of leveling for those making their way to level 60. These improvements, available in patch 2.3 will come in many forms and should significantly contribute to a more fluid and enjoyable leveling experience .

The first notable change was to simply reduce the amount of experience needed each level by approximately 15% between levels 20 and 60. Please note that when the patch is released, characters affected by this change will remain at their current level percentage. For example, if a character had exactly 50% of the current level's total experience before this change went into effect, the character would still have exactly 50% of the current level's total experience; only now fewer points would be needed to level.

Questing plays a very large role in World of Warcraft, especially while leveling and we felt that improvements to this front were necessary as well. Experience gained for completing quests (on average) between levels 30 and 60 is being increased. The increase becomes more substantial as you make your way towards 60. Additionally, many outdoor elite mobs will become non-elites, making many quests which were previously too difficult or required a group much easier and offer the same rewards (in some cases better!). A good example of this change would be Stromgarde Keep in Arathi Highlands, which will become a solo friendly environment when patch 2.3 goes live.

We've also added approximately 60 new quests in Dustwallow Marsh. This should help players who find themselves lacking quests in the 30-40 range. The Steamwheedle Cartel is building the new town of Mudsprocket in south-west Dustwallow Marsh, so you'll have to wait until construction is complete to learn more about these changes.

We're making other improvements to pre-bc leveling dungeons that players will likely find most agreeable. The level range for most every dungeon is being adjusted so that there is a much smaller range between the level of mobs found early in the dungeon to those found towards the end. For example, Shadowfang Keep is currently designed for levels 18-25 which means that right now, players who are towards the bottom of that range (18) will find it nearly impossible to complete the dungeon, while players towards the top of the range (25) will find most of the dungeon trivial. Using our new model (similar to what you'll notice with Burning Crusade leveling dungeons), Shadowfang Keep is being retuned for levels 18-21.

We also want to make running a leveling up dungeon more worth while. In addition to increasing quest experience for dungeon quests, we're also upgrading all pre-bc dungeon boss drops to blue quality items. Some examples are listed below:

Ragefire Chasm

Robe of Evocation new: +4 Stamina, +5 Intelligence, and +5 Spell Critical Strike Rating

Deadmines

Shadowfang Keep

As you can see there is much in-store for the next major content patch, particularly a number of changes designed to benefit players who are leveling a character. Though we've given you a few examples of the things to come, we think everyone will pleasantly surprised when they see the full extent of the changes discussed above.

Sweet.

[/hide]

epic win! this will actually make levelling an alt... bearable.... maybe even fun. got a few lvl 20s i'll start putting some time into when this comes into play.

Tk5SF.png

Sweet. I now have access to a protection warrior and a mage - as well as an assload of low-levels. It belongs to a RL friend of mine who's basically stopped playing now until WoTLK comes out. So I asked if I could activate his account and play on his characters, and he said sure. The warrior one used to MT for Ye Olde.

Any warrior here who could fill me in on what abilities to use while MTing? I know the jist of it (taunt, thunderclap), but in case there's something else that's important? Since I'm thinking about voluntering to tank in Karazhan and Gruul's. I'm probably better off reading some guides though.

[hide]

Ragefire Chasm

Deadmines

Shadowfang Keep

[/hide]

This is great. I've had heard rumours back and forth about how it was not going to be implemented until WoTLK comes. Thanks for sharing. I think I have a level 16-20 of every class, so this is good news.

2009rb9.jpg

Any warrior here who could fill me in on what abilities to use while MTing? I know the jist of it (taunt, thunderclap), but in case there's something else that's important? Since I'm thinking about voluntering to tank in Karazhan and Gruul's. I'm probably better off reading some guides though.

Revenge/Shield slam are your highest priority and highest threat abilities so you want to always have them on cooldown. Your 2nd priority is sunder/devastate (sunder if it's not 5 up and devastate if there are 5 up). After that heroic strike can be used as a rage dump. Shield block requires a bit of judgement, you want it up as much as possible but sometimes you will want to get a shield slam/revenge off first if it's right as you're engaging so you don't lose aggro; but if you're doing say Gruul at 15 growths and you've only got 11 rage to choose between revenge/shield block, you shield block.

"The only way to avoid packaging the water would be to deliver it to people's homes and places of business through some sort of amazingly intricate and complex series of reservoirs, pumping stations, pipes . . . hey, wait a second.."

Flight path in northern STV/Rebel Camp for Alliance in 2.3. Geez, that only took what... two and a half years?

Took em long enough I'm out of STV!

When do the decreased xp for leveling changes go into effect?

dmanxb7.jpg

Flight path in northern STV/Rebel Camp for Alliance in 2.3. Geez, that only took what... two and a half years?

Like the Alliance really needed another FP in Azeroth. <.<

You have Westfall and Darkshire FP's to use!

I suppose the only good thing about this, especially for Alliance lowbies will be the faster reinforcements when the Horde takeover Nessingwary's Camp with like 5 level 70's... :P

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

^With patch 2.3, mate. From then, you'll still need the same XP for your next level, but the level after will be comparatively less XP than it would have been >2.2

Ughh, I cant wait. I have been resting my 45 lock since I hear that this was going to happen. Hopefully, I'll be about 50-53 when the rest points run out.

dmanxb7.jpg

Ughh, I cant wait. I have been resting my 45 lock since I hear that this was going to happen. Hopefully, I'll be about 50-53 when the rest points run out.

You're only rested for one and a half level.

Also, thanks Darksavior for the tips. Very much appreciated.

2009rb9.jpg

Any idea if 2.3 PTR has hit yet?

I'm interested in seeing how much of a difference it'll make to levelling...

If it doesn't make much difference I'll go ahead and level my level 18 and 55... If it does, I'll wait till 2.3 goes live. :)

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.