The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

No offense to anyone here, but I think WoW is a game for stuck up selfish rude brats. (tried it once, everyone was a total [wagon](if I can't say that then mods can delete this)

*puts on flame-proof armor*

Remind me to never take you seriously EVER again.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to anyone here, but I think WoW is a game for stuck up selfish rude brats. (tried it once, everyone was a total [wagon](if I can't say that then mods can delete this)

Quick, go and play RuneScape then.. I'm sure the community is much better.

Honestly, every MMO I've ever been on has "stuck up selfish rude brats" on it - it's just that some have less than others.

I see your opinion.

...It's ill judged.

I don't know how you came to that conclusion. Every server I've been on has had a much higher percentage of nice players (one's that help you if you're lost in Elwynn...), in fact I was quite shocked the first time I played the game and someone told me that I should start doing quests because it's faster than grinding the level 1-2 wolves in the starting zone. :oops:

If you're stuck on a quest you get into general chat and ask. Usually if there's a higher level in the same zone they'll help you out. If you're about to die while attacking a mob and someone's passing, they'll help you kill it.

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

Well the 2.2.2 PTR is here and 2.2 is going to be released Tuesday, the 25th (confirmed by Neth on US Forums). The 2.2.2 PTR includes the Brewfest, a new event that has some ram racing and other fun things and then the Hallow's End event to test (be added later I think, includes the headless horseman!).

Also on 2.2.2:

# Added a new graveyard to the Southern Barrens.

# Added a new graveyard to the Western Plaguelands.

# Added a new graveyard to the Alterac Mountains.

# Added a new graveyard to the Searing Gorge.

# Added a new graveyard to the Badlands.

# Added two new graveyards to Tanaris.

# Added two new graveyards to Winterspring.

# Added two new graveyards to Stonetalon.

# Added two new graveyards to Un'Goro.

That should be very handy. No mention of Coilfang or any other graveyards but I'm glad they're helping out Azeroth in that department.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

w00t w00t and more w00t! got 375 tailoring! need to spend a day or two grinding mats for crafted epix now.

14 arcane dust, 126 netherweave, 7 primal life, 7 primal water, 12 primal mana...

shouldnt take too long. but thats just for the robe.. for whitmend i need like.. 8 primal mights and a couple of nethers.. among other things.

Tk5SF.png

man this sucks.. guild is going through rough times. A really key member left.. and kinda chain reaction a couple of CLs and a veteran member also left. I really hope we can pull through.

still.. i'm staying till the bitter end. for life ::'

Tk5SF.png

mage: Level 56 with TONS of rest points. I kinda stopped playing him due to boredom and new interests. I recently started leveling it again partly because I found a good guild that even does Kara. It's still kind of boring and there's no really nice quests.

warlock: Level 43. I got deathcoil. I'm officialyl OP now, right? Haha, I'm just questing in Tanaris. It's pretty smooth, however grinding on locks sucks so I avoid it whenever possible.

dmanxb7.jpg

How does grinding on locks suck? I mean, you're owning everything else.

It's boring sending your personal tank out and casting the same spells while WAITING for them to do their damage.

I love, however, owning everything =) especially the mages. That's why I rolled a lock, I hated getting pissed on my warlocks.

dmanxb7.jpg

The thing I did for my BE warlock was basically collect spell damage - currently sitting at... 174 +shadow at level 55. I was skeptical about the Affliction leveling at first. I had originally leveled as affliction but I think I used voidwalker. This time around, I used imp as a mana battery only. Leveling method:

Find mob 1: Cast CoA, Siphon Life, Corruption

Mob 2: Same.

Mob 3: Same.

Drain life on Mob 3/2. Mob 1 dies, drain life on mob 2/3. Life tap once during this. Use Dark Pact post-40. Infinite mana, always at 100% health, and taking on three mobs at once. That being said, I don't see it working too well if you are just collecting stam/int gear. Pre-Outland, stamina means nothing - intellect as a warlock also means very little. +dmg all the way. Having tailoring helps a bit as one can get Robe of Power then Shadoweave pieces.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

The thing I did for my BE warlock was basically collect spell damage - currently sitting at... 174 +shadow at level 55. I was skeptical about the Affliction leveling at first. I had originally leveled as affliction but I think I used voidwalker. This time around, I used imp as a mana battery only. Leveling method:

Find mob 1: Cast CoA, Siphon Life, Corruption

Mob 2: Same.

Mob 3: Same.

Drain life on Mob 3/2. Mob 1 dies, drain life on mob 2/3. Life tap once during this. Use Dark Pact post-40. Infinite mana, always at 100% health, and taking on three mobs at once. That being said, I don't see it working too well if you are just collecting stam/int gear. Pre-Outland, stamina means nothing - intellect as a warlock also means very little. +dmg all the way. Having tailoring helps a bit as one can get Robe of Power then Shadoweave pieces.

Current Build

oh, so level with imp instead of void? Really? Wont they just interrupt all your drain lifes? How do you end up with full life?

Edit: Not that I should worry about this now, but I think I'll use this build at 70.

dmanxb7.jpg

Second link didn't work there. Here's what I have now: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IVMrVRfkqtbo

Rounding off with: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IVMriRfkqtbobxZxx0z at 70.

Anyways, the three siphon lifes (with spell damage) heal you for most of the damage. The drain life makes up for the rest. It doesn't get interrupted as often as you think. Sometimes you have some bad luck streaks but other than that, it's fine. If you have enough spell damage, you will only have time for around two drain lifes on the mob with the most health at that time (mob three).

Yes, use imp - mana battery only. You are the tank when you spec affliction, not the void. If you have enough spell damage, he can't hold aggro for crap anyways, lol.

All of this is wonderfully easier if you stick with leveling through green quests. Once you have Fast Quest classic, you pair that with Thottbot and only level by doing quests five levels below you (they give the same XP as if they were two levels above you... and the mobs are easy to kill). Shouldn't run out at all and can leave Azeroth before tackling some of the higher level crappy zones. Still, people who don't use this method and instead just quest through a zone in one sitting or only do yellow/orange quests are able to use the drain-tanking method - it's just a bit harder.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

Second link didn't work there. Here's what I have now: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IVMrVRfkqtbo

Rounding off with: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IVMriRfkqtbobxZxx0z at 70.

Anyways, the three siphon lifes (with spell damage) heal you for most of the damage. The drain life makes up for the rest. It doesn't get interrupted as often as you think. Sometimes you have some bad luck streaks but other than that, it's fine. If you have enough spell damage, you will only have time for around two drain lifes on the mob with the most health at that time (mob three).

Yes, use imp - mana battery only. You are the tank when you spec affliction, not the void. If you have enough spell damage, he can't hold aggro for crap anyways, lol.

All of this is wonderfully easier if you stick with leveling through green quests. Once you have Fast Quest classic, you pair that with Thottbot and only level by doing quests five levels below you (they give the same XP as if they were two levels above you... and the mobs are easy to kill). Shouldn't run out at all and can leave Azeroth before tackling some of the higher level crappy zones. Still, people who don't use this method and instead just quest through a zone in one sitting or only do yellow/orange quests are able to use the drain-tanking method - it's just a bit harder.

I'll try it. I dont know about the quest thing...I mean..that'd be 5 levels of grinding before I got there because I'm already ahead in my quests.

Right now, I think I'll grind on pirates in Tanaris. You know which ones I'm talking about? They're on the coast. I like grinding on humanoids-- better drops.

dmanxb7.jpg

And thus begins another episode of updating various addons to get a UI that worked just as well as it did yesterday.

Judging by the immense frustration, you'd think I'd never done this before -_-

(PS. They did something to the Darkrune event that makes it a lot harder. Both casting order as well as Chaos Strike effect. I got pwned while doing it now and the first thing I did was log on to my auction alt and take down my Badge of Tenacity. Have this funny feeling it's going to tripple in value unless they reverse some of the nerfs...)

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

And thus begins another episode of updating various addons to get a UI that worked just as well as it did yesterday.

Judging by the immense frustration, you'd think I'd never done this before -_-

(PS. They did something to the Darkrune event that makes it a lot harder. Both casting order as well as Chaos Strike effect. I got pwned while doing it now and the first thing I did was log on to my auction alt and take down my Badge of Tenacity. Have this funny feeling it's going to tripple in value unless they reverse some of the nerfs...)

probably a nub question but.. why cant you just use the load out of date addons thing?

Tk5SF.png

I'll try it. I dont know about the quest thing...I mean..that'd be 5 levels of grinding before I got there because I'm already ahead in my quests.

Right now, I think I'll grind on pirates in Tanaris. You know which ones I'm talking about? They're on the coast. I like grinding on humanoids-- better drops.

Yeah, maybe so. Are you Horde? They have it much easier in the 40-50 range. I remember searching the level 44 quest bracket for Alliance and coming up with like five results, lol.

I wouldn't grind up five levels - maybe three with a combination of Zul'Farrak and Uldaman runs if you can. If not, I wouldn't stress out about it. It's completely possible to do it the "normal way" and be a bit ahead of quests - it's just that you tend to run out of yellow quests in some ranges. That or you end up doing really crappy zones at end-game.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

The leveling curve adjustments are planned for the next major content patch, and we'll be releasing information on the large number of pre-Burning Crusade quality of life changes going in with that patch very soonÃÆââââ¬Ã¾Ãââ.

Yay. I'm rolling a Draenei shaman. Already created and waiting..

sithbridgeay2.jpg

probably a nub question but.. why cant you just use the load out of date addons thing?
'cause that just makes the game run all addons. That works great with addons that actually work - and I've had that box checked since before they made it uncheck after patches - but they like to fiddle with the UI code in ways that actually make some of the addons downright break and display fancifull error messages instead of doing what they're meant to. For example, due to one addon I have, my character sheet would not display tooltips for any equipped items until I updated the addon in question.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Yeah, maybe so. Are you Horde? They have it much easier in the 40-50 range. I remember searching the level 44 quest bracket for Alliance and coming up with like five results, lol.

I wouldn't grind up five levels - maybe three with a combination of Zul'Farrak and Uldaman runs if you can. If not, I wouldn't stress out about it. It's completely possible to do it the "normal way" and be a bit ahead of quests - it's just that you tend to run out of yellow quests in some ranges. That or you end up doing really crappy zones at end-game.

Yeah, I'm horde (on Burning Blade). Man, I wish my character on Blackrock was horde. We'd have so much fun hanging together, but sadly I enjoy being a midget.

dmanxb7.jpg