The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

I don't see the point of the change. WoW has the easiest leveling of basically any MMO out there, and it's not all that bad. Even if you make characters of the same race you can go to other starting zones, and then there's the other faction. 30-40 can get a bit annoying but they're updating that anyways with Dustwallow Marsh.

It's tedious and boring is what people are getting at, not "hard".

I absolutely hate 35 to around level 50. The quests aren't very abundant.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, from my point of view, it is entirely possible to go from 1-60 now. It's just that for people who don't know the quests well, don't DO all the quests, or prefer not to run all over the continents, a lot of leveling is either instance grinding or just plain grinding. Compare that to Outland where you don't leave a zone until you have done a huge amount of quests.. and rerolling can seem like a real pain. I do think the only problem now is the lack of concentrated quests per zone. If you take a look at the level ranges, there are enough quests to get by and go on - but they're so spread out! Leveling time would be cut by a serious amount if the quests were more concentrated and didn't require you to go back and forth between Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms.

With the addition of Shattrath City though, getting between continents has become a bit easier so long as you plan correctly. The way Jeff Kaplan described Dustwallow, it sounds more like it is becoming an Outland zone, quest-wise. Right now, the Horde have the majority of quests in Dustwallow with Deadmire (a hunting quest) and the mini-chain of quests involving dragons and dueling this elite ogre inside Brackenwall (not to mention the chain where you get a blue ring at the end of it). Theramore i s pretty much devoid of quests unless you walk outside to One-Eyed Jarl or decide to go to 1k Needles to do ONE quest. So Mr. Kaplan said that they're adding a lot of quests to both Brackenwall and Theramore in addition to an entirely new goblin town. Out of all the zones in Azeroth, I think Dustwallow will actually become the zone where one spends the most time.. at least from what I've read between the lines.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

In my opinion, almost all of the quests, in any zone, from levels 35 to.. maybe even 60, are not really worth doing. Rewards are too low around those levels.

Lol, i read the servers are'a crashin'

how's that for you all?

I read that too, GG blizzard.

I'm not playing anymore though so no idea what its like.

Meh, no idea about the servers, pretty much quit. It just got very boring. Even raiding did so I just stopped showing up. Probably heading back into console gaming.

cyco_1.jpg

Their servers have been gettin' kinda' crappy lately. For some reason - and I don't know why at all - I've been getting like 4 to 13 FPS while playing. That's unplayable. Try it sometime. Usually I have 20 to 25 FPS, which is absolutely fine.

Then, like every 4 hours, I'll [bleep]e up to 40 FPS (which I never run at normally) for like 10 seconds, then back to 3 FPS.

Basically, I hate Blizzard. :P

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Their servers have been gettin' kinda' crappy lately. For some reason - and I don't know why at all - I've been getting like 4 to 13 FPS while playing. That's unplayable. Try it sometime. Usually I have 20 to 25 FPS, which is absolutely fine.

Then, like every 4 hours, I'll [bleep]e up to 40 FPS (which I never run at normally) for like 10 seconds, then back to 3 FPS.

Basically, I hate Blizzard. :P

fps isnt blizzards fault. thats your PC's fault

Tk5SF.png

Downed the outdoor boss Kazzak tonight. Fairly easy, but wiped a few times because of some stupid horde flying in naked and giving Kazzak health. Have gotten Mag downed past 30% but we can't seem to stabilize after the cave in. Going to give it another go tomorrow.

wowscrnshot083007005916tf2.th.jpg

Was playing a druid on the PTR last night and holy crap...

I went to Ironforge and Ravaged a rogue, then went to bear form as he tried to run away, feral charged him, then another rogue stealthed up and ambushed me, doing like 300 damage. :lol: After that, four guards got on me and the first rogue died soon after. Then I started wailing on the second rogue and started just mashing swipe to do as much damage as I could before I died...

3 guards died and the fourth was at 1/4 health, the second rogue was also at 1/4 health.

My level 51 druid is gettin' up to 70. Soon. :P

- Me!

Was playing a druid on the PTR last night and holy crap...

I went to Ironforge and Ravaged a rogue, then went to bear form as he tried to run away, feral charged him, then another rogue stealthed up and ambushed me, doing like 300 damage. :lol: After that, four guards got on me and the first rogue died soon after. Then I started wailing on the second rogue and started just mashing swipe to do as much damage as I could before I died...

3 guards died and the fourth was at 1/4 health, the second rogue was also at 1/4 health.

My level 51 druid is gettin' up to 70. Soon. :P

Yeah, but you really can't compare a druid on the PTR to one on a live realm unless you know you're going into a good raiding guild. :P

The 70 Rogue I have on the PTR mauls things. My 70 rogue on live realm, he's about as useless as an ashtray in a motorbike.

PS. Cancelled both my subs. :D 22nd of September will be my last day playing unless I get bored. I will return for the new expansion though.

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

PS. Cancelled both my subs. :D 22nd of September will be my last day playing unless I get bored. I will return for the new expansion though.

Style-biter!

Seriously though, the three rogues on this thread have all cancelled subs. Haha, how strange.

Style-biter!

Seriously though, the three rogues on this thread have all cancelled subs. Haha, how strange.

Maybe we should have rolled fury warriors. :ohnoes:

I don't have a reason or anything for quitting, just sorta got bored after I hit 70.

All through levelling I've wanted to get to 70 to be the highest level so I can have fun... I didn't realise you had to do the same amount of work/effort/time again to be half decent at level 70 too. Sure I have over 1500AP but I have just over 6,600HP. Not exactly the sort of thing I had in mind when I wanted to get to 70.

Started back on D2 with a Druid... I played to level 5 and got bored. I think I might have some sort of attention disorder. :wall:

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

Style-biter!

Maybe we should have rolled fury warriors. :ohnoes:

I don't have a reason or anything for quitting, just sorta got bored after I hit 70.

All through levelling I've wanted to get to 70 to be the highest level so I can have fun... I didn't realise you had to do the same amount of work/effort/time again to be half decent at level 70 too. Sure I have over 1500AP but I have just over 6,600HP. Not exactly the sort of thing I had in mind when I wanted to get to 70.

Started back on D2 with a Druid... I played to level 5 and got bored. I think I might have some sort of attention disorder. :wall:

Ouch 6.6k hp? I had almost 9k in my PvP gear and my gear wasn't that great. :-k

I mostly got bored but really the reason I quit was because my new internet sucks balls, ah well. I probably would have quit sooner or later.

Yea, it's good PvP gear is easy to get, though. Arena gear...Whatever.

I'm usually a raider aswell. Used to Main-Tank for the best guild on Perenolde - Unity. MTed for MC, BWL, ZG, AQ20 and some of AQ40. Server firsts for bosses in all those places. Pwn! :P

- Me!

Yea, it's good PvP gear is easy to get, though. Arena gear...Whatever.

I'm usually a raider aswell. Used to Main-Tank for the best guild on Perenolde - Unity. MTed for MC, BWL, ZG, AQ20 and some of AQ40. Server firsts for bosses in all those places. Pwn! :P

no naxx? you disappoint me tigra :D

1 more primal mooncloth cooldown and i can get my epic crafted shoulders.. +92 healing. its better than anything in karazhan, especially with the set bonus

Tk5SF.png

Yeah I'm about the same as that Nadril, with the same gear I was raiding in, regemmed - just under 9k hp, 1600ish AP and 22% crit. Hardly any +hit though, hehe.

HAHA!! Big bad wolf... what a pushover. perfect kill and I gots me a nice shiney new cape! w00t!

Is opera even meant to be classified as a proper boss? that was just too easy. Are the other events any harder at all?

Tk5SF.png

Lol, wait until you see Chess.

yeye.. chess is easier.. but thats not really a fight is it... since you dont use your own moves or anything

You do get epix though.