The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

heh.. thats not really bad.. Sometimes during peak times my latency goes above 10k... I mean.. it gets really bad.. google takes 20 seconds to load.. torrents with 100+ peers dl at less than 1k a second.

chess event down (too freaking easy) moving onto prince

Tk5SF.png

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

heh.. thats not really bad.. Sometimes during peak times my latency goes above 10k... I mean.. it gets really bad.. google takes 20 seconds to load.. torrents with 100+ peers dl at less than 1k a second.

How are you even managing to play WoW with that kind of latency?

i dont.. when it gets that high i just turn off my PC and play my wii for a few hours..

God damn.. prince wouldnt play nice tonight.. got really unlucky with the infernal placements. tommorow for sure.

Tk5SF.png

i dont.. when it gets that high i just turn off my PC and play my wii for a few hours..

God damn.. prince wouldnt play nice tonight.. got really unlucky with the infernal placements. tommorow for sure.

Your tank needs to learn to move around a bit better too. A lot is still about luck but its also a good bit of a DPS race and good movement.

Your tank needs to learn to move around a bit better too. A lot is still about luck but its also a good bit of a DPS race and good movement.

Infernals dropped either right on top of us or on top of tank almost every time... I know that shouldnt be a problem but some ppl dont have good enough reactions apparently. The closest we got was 28%.

Tk5SF.png

Could someone explain the use of stop-casting macros to me please? I'm a Warlock if that helps explain things any. Do you use it for all spells.. or what?

A stopcasting macro is really only useful if you're nuking for a long period of time, and you have a rather high ping. A stop casting macro looks something like this.

/stopcasting

/cast Shadowbolt

I've rebound all my keys like this and there's a noticeable difference.

If youve got a ping of lets say 400. You're adding an additional .4 seconds on your cast time because of how the game communicates via client/server.

In a nutshell, the macro speeds up the process of the information transfer.

The downside to using a macro like this is if you press it too early, you'll stop your cast and begin to cast whatever spell you pressed.

I hope this made any sense at all #-o

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

and so azeroth loses anothe brave warrior...

However it probably gained another 50 or so in the past day.

can you say cashcow?

anyhoo - any idea what your gonna do with all your now free time?

Tk5SF.png

Could someone explain the use of stop-casting macros to me please? I'm a Warlock if that helps explain things any. Do you use it for all spells.. or what?

krunk already explained the gist of it, but just to emphasize a point; It won't work with instant casts, only channeled spells, like shadowbolt. The global cooldown is "hard" and you can't do [cabbage] about it. Quite annoying as after having played for as long as I have, I've got a fairly well developed sense of how long a global cooldown really is. If I have worse latency than usual one night my DPS will go down, I'll get a lot of "you can't do that yet" and I'll piss myself off because I have a tendency to play by lifting my fingers when chaining long strings of attacks so my DPS rotation just plain dies on me.

And you don't really need a high ping either; If you shave just 0.1 off each shadowbolt cast, you'll have an extra global cooldown after just 14 casts. Over a longer fight, like a raid boss, this will be noticable.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Oh this is too good: corpsegrinder from cannibal corpse has an interview and starts talking about WoW and then continues to freak out about how much he hates alliance. He plays on burning blade btw. You can find the video on youtube.....not sure what the rules of this forum are anymore so I don't want to link it and be banned, but search "cannibal corpse wow" to find it. Lots of cursing, but what do you expect from him :P

Lol, talk about completely derailing an interview.

I want to gank him =/

He's on my server.

Pitty he's horde as well... I wonder what his name is online.

Lol, talk about completely derailing an interview.

I want to gank him =/

He's on my server.

Pitty he's horde as well... I wonder what his name is online.

Lol why pitty? I think it's pretty fun. At least we know our server has a famous die-hard horde fan.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

When I get a job, i'm goign to play WoW too. It's just much better than RS, but it's too expensive. I want a social life, but with 12 pops a month it's hard to go out regularly :( .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Gonna drink alot of beer and stay up allllll night.

Ah, I dunno.

Gonna drink alot of beer and stay up allllll night.

Ah, I dunno.

Sounds like a normal day for an Aussie.

PS. I GOTS ME AN EPIX FLYIN' MOONT!

I'd post a picture and brag a lot but both me and Azvi know how I got it. ^_^; Plus I'm at work, so I don't have access to the pictures.

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

Randy, you working on that sediment analysis?

Now now, Nelson. I just joined a big party of Night Elves and we're going to go and explore the Tower of Azora together.

Now now, Nelson. I just joined a big party of Night Elves and we're going to go and explore the Tower of Azora together.

that becomes so.. so.. soo.. much funnier when you actually play WoW because you realise that the tower of Azora / fargodeep mine / Jerod's landing are such crappy low levelled zones.

Tk5SF.png

Hey guys i used to play rs and Moved to wow... i thoguht id come back and see how thigns were coming along.... So anybody here play on Dath'Remar?

Yeah, me, but I just cancelled my sub.

that becomes so.. so.. soo.. much funnier when you actually play WoW because you realise that the tower of Azora / fargodeep mine / Jerod's landing are such crappy low levelled zones.

Not when you play Horde on a PvP server. :D

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.