The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

Its really not hard to be able to do good DPS in a raid.

I know you're 15/41/5, the general finisher rotation for that is 1s/3s/5r, you're doing that right?

Also I'm too lazy to check your armory but did you get a faster OH? Even if you didn't go mutilate combat because you don't need a fast OH with it.

I dunno, kind of seems like you're giving up too easy. The good thing about a rogue is we are the top damage dealers, and with a good melee group we can make up for any shortcomings our spec has.

Tell your guild to run a rogue/rogue/enh shaman/warrior/druid team or something similar for a DPS group in raiding (25 mans that is mostly). That matchup has a ton of DPS in it.

edit: got the 2 piece HWL set (shoulders/gloves) lol. The set gives me +35 resil so it put me at 106 or so resilience in PvP gear, not bad for having no merc armor yet.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its really not hard to be able to do good DPS in a raid.

I know you're 15/41/5, the general finisher rotation for that is 1s/3s/5r, you're doing that right?

Also I'm too lazy to check your armory but did you get a faster OH? Even if you didn't go mutilate combat because you don't need a fast OH with it.

I dunno, kind of seems like you're giving up too easy. The good thing about a rogue is we are the top damage dealers, and with a good melee group we can make up for any shortcomings our spec has.

Tell your guild to run a rogue/rogue/enh shaman/warrior/druid team or something similar for a DPS group in raiding (25 mans that is mostly). That matchup has a ton of DPS in it.

The rotation varies, on trash clears is definitely 1s/3s/5r but on boss fights I prefer (and have been told that I'm doing it right) 3s/5s/5r.

No I dont have enough points to buy the OH yet. I still probably will, even with the respec.

Giving up to easy, I don't think so man. I've respecced so many times, that friggin dwarf trainer in IF has put all his ugly children through college. I've had very good rogues walk me through it all step by step, and ask me all the same questions over and over. I've read every single theory crafting thread on EJ and all the good threads on Roguespot, followed them to the finest detail, everything.

The only thing I haven't tried is getting some swords and respeccing into them, and as my talented and experienced mentor tells me, it's not really worth the expense and time, as they arent hugely ahead (especially considering the upcoming patch).

Swords scale infinitely better than daggers, and are much better. I can tell you how much of a difference it makes once I go combat swords when I get my MH.

What exactly is the problem though, I mean, what are you getting out DPS'd by? Perhaps they have really good gear.

Swords scale infinitely better than daggers, and are much better. I can tell you how much of a difference it makes once I go combat swords when I get my MH.

What exactly is the problem though, I mean, what are you getting out DPS'd by? Perhaps they have really good gear.

Put it this way. Tonight I did a 5 man (heroic arc) with these people:

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dath'Remar&n=Ellaira

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dath'Remar&n=Yabani

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dath'Remar&n=Docryn

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dath'Remar&n=Diedora

Ellaira raped me, she was more than double my damage. I was 4th on the meter, with something like 160k damage dealt.

Edit: stupid forum.. you'll have to c/p the links.

Put it this way. Tonight I did a 5 man (heroic arc) with these people:

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dath'Remar&n=Ellaira

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dath'Remar&n=Yabani

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dath'Remar&n=Docryn

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dath'Remar&n=Diedora

Ellaira raped me, she was more than double my damage. I was 4th on the meter, with something like 160k damage dealt.

Edit: stupid forum.. you'll have to c/p the links.

There should be no reason you're getting out dps'd. The mage, I can understand that. They are better for burst damage and 5 mans are about that. However you should NOT have gotten out DPS'd by the tank, It has to be something that you yourself are doing wrong.

It has to be something that you yourself are doing wrong.

I know. I don't know what it is though, and I've worn people's patience thin trying to find it out.

Anyways it's 5:45am and I just found this pic:

horde.jpg

So I need to go sleep now. Bai.

Man locks are so powerful.

Dual boxing a lock/resto druid combo now.... locks are just wow.

I'm trying him as a felguard build (7/43/11) and its great for arena. Lot of survivability, good control over a fight (I can have my pet just DPS a guy while I work on doing what I need to do for support) and I'm a [bleep] to take down.

On top of that my pet pulls out some impressive DPS (I've seen him getting 800 crits with cleave) and I myself can do well too.

I've always wondered how locks were at 70 and I can say, without a doubt, they are one of the most powerful classes in the game so far. Out of all the classes I've tested on PTR they've stood out as #1.

I'm starting to do instances on my 24 priests (WC SFK), and I love healing; it's so damn easy. The only things you have to worry about are boss fights and bad pulls. I just kind of sit there mildly dpsing if I have nothing to do. I seriously good browse forums and heal for an instance at the same time.

Down side: [bleep]ING TANKS! Some tanks we use (theres a lack of them on our server) just go right along to the next mob even though the priest, mage, and warlock are low on mana. It's so annoying. Then they pee their pants and quit the raid. Other problem is when orcs use bloodfury. No matter how many times I tell them I WONT heal them if they have it (blatant waste of mana!) they continue to use it and are like "Wtf dude I where were teh Healz".

I respeced to frost. It sucks so bad..I also forgot to put mpoints in shatter (wind chill) #-o :x

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

The rotation varies, on trash clears is definitely 1s/3s/5r but on boss fights I prefer (and have been told that I'm doing it right) 3s/5s/5r.

What?

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

hahaha, I just experienced my first raid today with Lionheart. It was awesome, the most fun i've had on WoW. Ever. Unfortunatley the server went offline in the middle of it (it was ptr), but it was still good fun.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

What?

Sorry its a rogue thing. Its a reference to our finishing move cycle, where s is Slice and Dice and r is rupture. In that it means do a 1cp SnD/3cp SnD/5cp rupture and repeat.

What?

Sorry its a rogue thing. Its a reference to our finishing move cycle, where s is Slice and Dice and r is rupture. In that it means do a 1cp SnD/3cp SnD/5cp rupture and repeat.

Yeah get back to your mp5's and your spell crit. Or something. :lol:

What?

Yeah get back to your mp5's and your spell crit. Or something. :lol:

Ahh nice =P. I don't play WoW anymore, I was thought it might be some new thing lol. Never heard anyone say that stuff before

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Offtopic: Wewt 100 pages :o

Ontopic: Nadril, any comments on the voice chat in game?

Still really buggy. It was working for my friend alright but I for the life of me can't get it so other people hear me, even with it enabled.

It looks to be good once they get it working though.

Still really buggy. It was working for my friend alright but I for the life of me can't get it so other people hear me, even with it enabled.

It looks to be good once they get it working though.[/quote

What set up are you using? I know some people are not being heard unless they put on the voice activation which means the mic will only activate with your voice. The problem though, is i find anyone using this gives me an echo.I'm not sure though if its due to them having a mic and speakers set up or if its a bug. If you are using a head set, anything you hear shouldnt go through the mic, thus no echo.

Try making sure you use a head set cause thats the only thing that seems to be working for people right now.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

It looks to be good once they get it working though.

What set up are you using? I know some people are not being heard unless they put on the voice activation which means the mic will only activate with your voice. The problem though, is i find anyone using this gives me an echo.I'm not sure though if its due to them having a mic and speakers set up or if its a bug. If you are using a head set, anything you hear shouldnt go through the mic, thus no echo.

Try making sure you use a head set cause thats the only thing that seems to be working for people right now.

Yeah I use a desktop mic. I can hear myself if I record it in WoW but others can't hear me talk.

:lol: What's up with people posting that? According to the comments, that happens a lot to people. Haha

You're about to become green with envy...

I'm going to see him in concert on the 1st/2nd of September!

:lol: What's up with people posting that? According to the comments, that happens a lot to people. Haha

You're about to become green with envy...

I'm going to see him in concert on the 1st/2nd of September!

*kicks Bubsa and steals tickets*... now just to figure out where it is....

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!