The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some amours do move as well. The hunter T6 has blinking eyes. Freaked me out when i was on the ptr. Also there is a staff for druids that have like an octopus on the end.

Bat wings for Warlocks as well.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Fear the druid with 122k health!

Sounds like an interesting little exploit.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 1&pageNo=1

That is pretty interesting although it must take ages to do that. Eh it'll never be done again though.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

That is pretty interesting although it must take ages to do that. Eh it'll never be done again though.

Have they fixed it? I'll do a Tribute run when I get home and find out... I wanted to tank Prince as Resto Spec. /cry

rangesig.gif

Have they fixed it? I'll do a Tribute run when I get home and find out... I wanted to tank Prince as Resto Spec. /cry

I read the comments and a few people have tried it. It didn't work :?

dmanxb7.jpg

Thats what ya call a Horde raid on Stormwind. :lol:

Psht, if it was a real raid they woulda gotten to the trade district with ease.

I got all the way to Stormwind Keep solo (Without stealthing) in my mid 60's. I then died a horrible bloody death though. :cry:

Ideal raid...

Groups 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.

Tanking Druid (With full stealth)

Rogue (With full stealth)

Rogue (With full stealth)

Healing Druid (With full stealth)

Healing Druid (With full stealth)

I'd like to see that someday. 40 Horde just sort of appearing in the middle of stormwind. Hehe... In the war room... :twisted:

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

:evil:

new people who free migrated to my server have started undercutting Deviate delight prices, used to be able to sell them for 5g for stacks of 5, now im lucky if i can get 2g

QQ moar nub?

Okay my turn to QQ :^o

I rerolled horde because obviously horde "pwns" all...slight problem. The ONE server I pick is ally dominated. I was in hillsbrad and it took me FOREVER to finish the questlines in the hillsbrad fields. Man now I want to reroll but getting to 30 is a pain.

dmanxb7.jpg

You sure it is ally dominated? I've settled on a realm (Blackrock - it's fairly even, high population, motto is GTFO, we're full) only because I trolled http://www.warcraftrealms.com for so long. Most of the realms have enough census participants that the realm info is somewhat reliable. I don't roll on realm whose ratio is way off-balance - mostly 1:1, 1.1:1, 1:1.1. Base this on player activity - the other numbers has to do with how many actual characters there are.

But yeah, realms like Cenarion Circle with 2.2:1 Alliance to Horde ratio I totally skip. lol

sithbridgeay2.jpg

:evil:

new people who free migrated to my server have started undercutting Deviate delight prices, used to be able to sell them for 5g for stacks of 5, now im lucky if i can get 2g

QQ moar nub?

Okay my turn to QQ :^o

I rerolled horde because obviously horde "pwns" all...slight problem. The ONE server I pick is ally dominated. I was in hillsbrad and it took me FOREVER to finish the questlines in the hillsbrad fields. Man now I want to reroll but getting to 30 is a pain.

I thought every server was ally dominated?

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

As Sith said, warcraft realms has a pretty good census for the servers and they jump straight on the new ones. Most servers a bit more ally favoured, but a lot more are even than you think, and you'll also find plenty of horde strong servers.

With Warcraftrealms, I usually change the levels to 70-70 to check if the server is any good. Plus, if it's in a good BG battlegroup.

I really want to try out a shadow priest, warlock and druid. I might jump on PTR and try them out. Finally got cat form on my druid, makes the class alot of fun and quicker.

Can I ask, what kind of FOS do you guys usually get under normal circumstances?

I've had it suggested to me that the reason my DPS might be crap is because my frame rate is too low.

I've had it suggested to me that the reason my DPS might be crap is because my frame rate is too low.

Sometimes in capital cities mine goes as low as 13, but normally in instances its around 40.

If I have Vent and media player on in the background it really hurts it. so whenever i go raiding i turn all non-essential programs off. My PC usually has about 35-40 processes going

Tk5SF.png

I usually get 35-40 in large cities, in Shat its anywhere from like 10-40, depends where I am at. Otherwise i get around 60 everywhere else.

chippersig.jpg

I just built a new computer with a 640MB 8800GTS video card and I have to say the performance is incredible. I'll list the specs I had before and after the change.

23" LCD display (I had this for both setups)

Macbook Pro - 2.33GHZ C2D, 2GB RAM, 256MB ATI X1600

Resolution for normal, non-WoW use: 1920x1200 (on LCD)

Resolution for WoW-use: 1600x1000 (on LCD)

Framerate in Shatt - 40-50

Framerate in Azeroth zones - 60-70

Framerate in HF Ramparts (fires = decrease in FPS) - 30-35

Framerate in non-particle instances - 45-55

Settings: Quite low. Lowest anti-aliasing setting, vertical sync turned off, death effect and screen glow off, spell detail LOW (those particle effects killed my machine.

-----------

23" LCD Display

Self-built computer - 2.4GHZ C2D 6600, 2GB RAM, 640MB 8800GTS Nvidia

Resolution for both WoW and regular usage - 1920x1200

Framerate in Shatt - 65-75

Framerate in Azeroth zones - 90-110

Framerate in HF Ramparts - 65-70

Framerate in non-particle instances - 80-90

All of the above AT LEAST. The performance gain was extremely noticeable.

As far as settings, anti-aliasing is set up to about mid.. never had it that high before. All other settings to max (except vertical sync, which I hear is nothing but a perf. decrease). Death effect, screen glow, spell detail HIGH. Terrain/texture - high. etc. etc.

All of these FPS reports are at 1920x1200 resolution which is quite large. I'd imagine you'd get much better FPS if you had small resolution, say 1280x1024 or something of the like.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

You sure it is ally dominated? I've settled on a realm (Blackrock - it's fairly even, high population, motto is GTFO, we're full) only because I trolled http://www.warcraftrealms.com for so long. Most of the realms have enough census participants that the realm info is somewhat reliable. I don't roll on realm whose ratio is way off-balance - mostly 1:1, 1.1:1, 1:1.1. Base this on player activity - the other numbers has to do with how many actual characters there are.

But yeah, realms like Cenarion Circle with 2.2:1 Alliance to Horde ratio I totally skip. lol

We talked about this. My alliance is on blackrock and you own Bgs. You have a slight adv. in the real-world pvp. You definately have an advantage with bgs...dont even lie. <.<

Btw, I love their motto too. I used to browse BR forums and spam gtfo...

EDIT: Here's some funny stats (I think)

Firetree PVP 132 (1%) 9,677 (99%) 1 : 0 9,809

99% horde!!!

dmanxb7.jpg

With my new PC I often get anywhere from 30-60 FPS on all high details. I don't know how supportive WoW is with dual core processors and mine is only a 1.8ghz dual core, so for those not optimized for it it isn't as great.

WoW still runs just fine though. Also I don't know how much latency would actually hurt a rogue unless its a really movement intesive fight. Most fights we really are only restricted by our energy ammount, unlike mages who need to have a good latency to be able to chain cast spells better. We don't really "chain cast" our skills except for maybe the first bit of the fight.

Did you get a faster OH yet? I know that will help a lot. What is the average DPS you're putting out in a boss fight btw? With my gear on a boss (usually with a lot of moving) I'll hit around 600-700 dps as a combat mutilate build, depending on how much moving I need to do and if I have a WF totem behind me or not.

Once I go combat swords (when I get my PC hooked back up this saturday, at grandparents house atm) I should be able to see my DPS jump by almost 100dps I think.

What I think you need to do is just tell me the DPS and we can compare it that way. There might be a chance you are getting really out DPS'd by those in your guild because they are just better than you, have better gear, what not.

Relax - I wasn't looking to pick a fight about Blackrock. :P I meant that when I was looking to reroll, it had an even ratio, if not more towards the Alliance side. The graph looks like it fluctuates with the more "heavy" dips towards the Alliance faction. But, as I said earlier, a realm needs to have active participants in the census 'study' in order for the results to be accurate. IIRC, Blackrock has had problems with both Alliance and Horde census participants (now just Horde).

Low amount of census participants = shaky information.

Low amount of census participants != low population.

Still, not looking to pick a fight either way... I'm comfortable with BR the way it is. =]

sithbridgeay2.jpg

Relax - I wasn't looking to pick a fight about Blackrock. :P I meant that when I was looking to reroll, it had an even ratio, if not more towards the Alliance side. The graph looks like it fluctuates with the more "heavy" dips towards the Alliance faction. But, as I said earlier, a realm needs to have active participants in the census 'study' in order for the results to be accurate. IIRC, Blackrock has had problems with both Alliance and Horde census participants (now just Horde).

Low amount of census participants = shaky information.

Low amount of census participants != low population.

Still, not looking to pick a fight either way... I'm comfortable with BR the way it is. =]

That's only because you're hrode :P . Just kiddin'. I think BR world-pvp is semi-equal. I think horde got raped when they were around 30-50 so there is more of them ganking at 70. As the graph shows, there are not many alliance out there to stop them. Most of the alliance 70s I see in places like Hillsbrad, STC, etc. are just defending.

dmanxb7.jpg

Did you get a faster OH yet?

Two weeks. ;) Gonna get the sword instead, and use Vindicators with it. Might go for the MH after that.

Anyways the reason I ask is because on average I am running on 15 FPS in outside settings. It's been suggested to me that it might be part of the reason I am not putting up the numbers that are needed.

My machine is actually good, its just got a cheap video card in it. AMD64 Athlon 3800+. CPU overclocked and running at something like 2.94GHz (I don't recall exactly).. 2 Gig RAM.

Anyways I'm going to buy the new card right now. Ciao. ;)