The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

Did you get a faster OH yet?

Two weeks. ;) Gonna get the sword instead, and use Vindicators with it. Might go for the MH after that.

Anyways the reason I ask is because on average I am running on 15 FPS in outside settings. It's been suggested to me that it might be part of the reason I am not putting up the numbers that are needed.

My machine is actually good, its just got a cheap video card in it. AMD64 Athlon 3800+. CPU overclocked and running at something like 2.94GHz (I don't recall exactly).. 2 Gig RAM.

Anyways I'm going to buy the new card right now. Ciao. ;)

Try and find out what kind of DPS you are doing. I can't really get anything from you getting beat by others. Seeing your DPS would help a lot.

I mean, I've been in groups before where there have been a lot of guys who out gear me as a rogue, and of course I get beat by them.

And I would deffinitly go for swords. While a good part of its increase in DPS just comes from the fact it is mathmaticly supperior, it also has the benifit of not being SOL in situations where you have to face a mob. (for example, shade of aran. Many times I'll pull agro as mutilate and I have to sit there and shiv. Or fights like netherspite I might be sitting in a green beam and not be able to get behind him).

Also combat swords, IMO, scales better. Mutilate is nice and does scale pretty nicely with AP and crit but swords scales with hit and AP, which is found in a lot of kara-gruuls gear. My rogue has 252 hit which, while kind of a waste in a way for mutilate, will be a blessing with combat swords. I have something like a 4% chance (when I go 19/42) to miss attacks which means I am getting a lot more combat potency procs off.

Speaking of combat swords I'll be it this saturday when I get moved into college. Got my PC today now just waiting on the monitor/speakers tomorrow. I get moved in saturday so I'll have it up and running then. I'm going to be without a good sword OH for a good number of weeks until I pick up the S2 OH sword but thats not a big deal (I have the S2 dagger with mongoose).

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck, Biox! I sure hope the video card solves your problem. I've noticed two things that significantly decrease my performance (class performance AND computer) - latency (###ms) and FPS. For example, when I was on my laptop and in Ramps, healing was very hard at such low FPS due to the fire particle effects. I just had to bear with it until the end. As far as latency, that's why I'm on Blackrock. With my connection and on a PST server, I get an average of 45-50ms (I'm PST). On an EST server, I get 280-300ms - the difference is very noticeable!

What kind of latency do you get in AU?

sithbridgeay2.jpg

My dps [bleep]es.. which is wrong, it should be smooth. I can crank out around 6-700 on boss fights, so long as I get the best position (ie: behind). On trash clears though I'm usually sitting around the 400 mark.

My dps [bleep]es.. which is wrong, it should be smooth. I can crank out around 6-700 on boss fights, so long as I get the best position (ie: behind). On trash clears though I'm usually sitting around the 400 mark.

Don't even bother trying to parse what you get on trash, its pointless and easy. I don't even really try much on trash unless its a new instance, just kill the thing.

Boss fights are what mater. Make sure your guild all runs the same kind of DMG meter (We use SW stats) so you can link it together. Reset the meter every time before a boss to see the real top damage dealers. Some classes (such as mages) do much better versus trash because of high burst damage and AoE.

To be honest you are around the right DPS for what kind of gear you have. The people in your guild either really outgear you or the meters are getting fudged up.

@ Zeeky: I have no idea about boomkins so I can't really be of all that much help. The boomkin I had on PTR had like 700-800+ dmg with the PTR gear though... un enchanted.

To be honest you are around the right DPS for what kind of gear you have. The people in your guild either really outgear you or the meters are getting fudged up.

It's not consistent though, that's the problem.

Whats the DPS you get from start to end, over a long period of time is what I mean. Start parsing on the boss and at the end of the boss tell me what kind of DPS you have.

Everyones DPS [bleep]es a bit but I want to know what you're getting at the end. Knowing the 'burst' you get isn't a big deal.

Whats the DPS you get from start to end, over a long period of time is what I mean. Start parsing on the boss and at the end of the boss tell me what kind of DPS you have.

Everyones DPS [bleep]es a bit but I want to know what you're getting at the end. Knowing the 'burst' you get isn't a big deal.

Like I said last week, I end up only beating the healers.

:uhh: I have to re install wow and everything... stupid computer... I need a hug....

I will give you a hug but only because you are a girl.

LOL!!

Yo nad I' starting to level my warlock again. What accounts are you playing on BB?

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Damn, lots of drama goin on. I was told that if I want to raid, I should find a new guild.

Someone else was demoted and gquit.. man, I don't want to leave my guild but.. meh. The girl who quit told me that everyone basically laughs about me behind my back. I'm pretty upset about the whole thing.

Just respecced into a PVP build anyway. Will see how it goes for a while, and still working on my druid (level 32 right now).

Damn, lots of drama goin on. I was told that if I want to raid, I should find a new guild.

Someone else was demoted and gquit.. man, I don't want to leave my guild but.. meh. The girl who quit told me that everyone basically laughs about me behind my back. I'm pretty upset about the whole thing.

Just respecced into a PVP build anyway. Will see how it goes for a while, and still working on my druid (level 32 right now).

unlucky... If your guild hates you then it probably isnt good to try and raid with them tbh..

luckily my guild has a total of 3 holy priests and 2 groups running kara at all times... im almost guarunteed a spot.

Tk5SF.png

Could latency be an issue?

Casters who use spells with a casting time can fool the client by using macro's involving /stopcastsequence (or somesuch). If you try using shadowbolt while your client claims shadowbolt is casting, you'll get a "can't do that". But if you abort the cast - depending on latency - at 0.1-0.2 seconds before your client says it's finished, the order to abort won't reach the server until after the shadowbolt is away. But your client is still going to interprate it as an aborted cast, and allow you to begin casting a new shadowbolt. The end result is that you shave a fair amount of casting time of your casting cycle, improving your DPS output. And in reverse; Bad latency will lower your DPS because your client-server sync will be off.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

although thats an interesting thought for casters, i dont think it applies as much to a rogue because all of a rogues moves are IC... arent they?
On the contrary, it'd still be an issue due to the global cooldown being elongated. Difference is you can't actually work around it by faking a better sync as you do with a /stopcastingsequence macro.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

It doesn't matter now anyway, I'm never gonna raid.

I'm actually considering cancelling my subscription. The whole thing has put me right off the game.

It doesn't matter now anyway, I'm never gonna raid.

I'm actually considering cancelling my subscription. The whole thing has put me right off the game.

lol, dont get put off a game by some people telling you you're no, pvp kicks [wagon] at least.

I just got in an arguement with our raid leader over the effectiveness of PwS... he seems to think it actually makes a difference in a fight. Its a waste of mana!

Anyhoo... downed aran and moving on. Fight went well, did it first try, feeling good tonight

Tk5SF.png

I'm a little bummed right now. My dorms connection (like most dorms) is really bad, to the point WoW is unplayable for me. I'm going to keep trying and testing stuff but in the meantime I'm downloading Anarchy Online again. I remember last time it worked really well on the shoddy(ish) connection.

This is my connection, btw:

173235424.png

for some reason WoW runs really badly on and off. Sometimes It'll run at 200ms and others it'll climb up to 2k + ms, making the game unplayable. Its really aggravating.

Anyways I'm hoping for the best.