The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

Here's a little snippit on Gore vs Claw

Gore Rank 9 - Gores the enemy, causing 37 to 61 damage. This attack has a 50% change to inflict double damage, costs 25 Focus, instant cast.

Claw Rank 9 - Claw the enemy, causing 54-76 damage, costs 25 Focus, instant cast.

Since they use the same Focus mechanics, we can easily exclude that aspect of our calculations. /crinkle /crumple /toss

Now we just want to see what the Gore-double-damage looks like over time.

A Claw attack will inflict, on average, 65 damage. A Gore attack will inflict, on average, either 49 damage or 98 damage. Since the proc rate for Gore is 50%, we'll just average those two numbers and say that a Gore attack will inflict, on average, 73.5 damage.

Gore = 73.5 damage

Claw = 65 damage

Only really applies to Ravager/Cat though, given their high white dps.

Only prob with a ravager though is their lower health, but if you spec BM, you'll nuke everything down anyway.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I played WoW for two months about a year back, and was kinda gunna want to get back into it a few months or so from now. I played a Human Pally and quit at level 32 to go spend my money elsewhere, but now I'm really bored and need something to sink my teeth into.

I was thinking about buying BC for Christmas and playing a human rogue. I did a little bit of reading at WoW Insider and found out whatever it was about Patch 2.3 and Rogue's subtley being buffed? If someone knows anything about it now, or will be willing to PM me after 2.3 comes out, that'd be nice.

Also any other class suggestions would be nice as I my general WoW knowledge is.. 1/100000000000. I mean. Really appreciated. But I will be playing Alli because I'll be playing with Shadorik, if anyone still talks to him. <3:

My own problems are catching up on things. I can read the posts you guys are making and about 5% of it makes sense. :uhh:

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

I can agree with you on that, while I was playing I did ALOT of DM instancing on my pally, and my level 20-some hunter. Within a week I was saying things that, upon looking back at what I said, have no clue how I remembered those :o

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

Yay me, done my first CoT.

Yeah, it was fairly annoying but I had a patient group that let me do the quest--twice. I didn't know you couldnt be mounted. Overall, it was tons of fun. I'm enjoying leveling to 60 much more than 1-60. I've started Kara attunement, and yeah...my guild is pushing me to get to 70. We dont have a lot of active mages. 70 should be fun.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

I'm surprised no ones talking about 2.3 hitting... Americans got it yesterday. We get it today... I'm still at work though. >.<

Looking forward to the Sub tree improvements for rogues as I'm hemo specced for PvP the now. Also... Improved Fleet footed FTW! :D

Full walking speed in stealth now. :wink:

Will be levelling up my Paladin too. Apparently Brian Kopp (someone said it was him) has managed to level from 1 - 60 in 5 days and 5 hours Alliance side with the new patch. Which isn't a record I know, but I believe his best before was around 6 or 7 days. So us mere mortals (especially Horde) should see an improvement in levelling. :)

Oh yeah, I'm only level 16 on my Pala... But the changes to Ret DPS is a bonus too. I'll be like a fury warrior... But I can heal. :D Or better yet. A Rogue in Plate that can heal. :wink:

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

I read about that too, Chris. He didn't have any rested experience (he never logged out at inns) and pretty much did pure questing, I think. The main part was how you didn't have to grind nearly as much (if at all) during the leveling up, especially as Alliance. Questing takes care of it all. :)

I'm still enjoying reading some of the undocumented things that are being released. New UD and NE inn music (minor but I like the ingame music) and Kara music too. Just have to get a character there to hear it...

sithbridgeay2.jpg

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_BackstageWalkUni01.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_BackstageWalkUni02.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_FoyerIntroUni01.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_FoyerWalkUni01.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_FoyerWalkUni02.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_FoyerWalkUni03.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_FoyerWalkUni04.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_GeneralWalkUni01.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_GeneralWalkUni02.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_GeneralWalkUni03.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_GeneralWalkUni04.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_GeneralWalkUni05.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_GeneralWalkUni06.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_GeneralWalkUni07.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_LibraryWalkUni01.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_LibraryWalkUni02.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_LibraryWalkUni03.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_LibraryWalkUni04.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_MalchezarWalkUni01.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_MalchezarWalkUni02.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_MalchezarWalkUni03.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_OperaHarpsiWalkUni01.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_OperaOrganWalkUni01.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_StableIntroUni01.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_StableWalkUni01.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_StableWalkUni02.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_StableWalkUni03.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_TowerWalkUni01.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_TowerWalkUni02.mp3")

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\Karazhan\\KA_TowerWalkUni03.mp3")

Gunna try those once I'm in game!

sithbridgeay2.jpg

god ZA is a pain in the arse..

first boss is easymode but the trash! GOD ! most annoying trash ever . Bar none.

... ever done the trash just before Twin Emps in AQ40?

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

The less needed to level is great for me, the only downside of 2.3 is it screwed up all my addons.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

god ZA is a pain in the arse..

first boss is easymode but the trash! GOD ! most annoying trash ever . Bar none.

... ever done the trash just before Twin Emps in AQ40?

never got to do AQ... started playing too late.

really though i cant see anything being more annoying than these guys. You charge into a pack of 5 and by the end of the fight.. you could be winning, or you could be being overwhelmed by 17 mobs.. and its mostly down to chance.

Tk5SF.png

Saw the patch notes on MMORPG.com today, looked pretty damn good actually.

I mean, buffs to the sub tree? double u tee eff? :P

I'm not too bothered about the Shadowstep changes, but Hemo is waaaaay buffed now. :D

Before on low level mobs (nearly no armour), I was hitting between 1100 and 1350~ crits. Now I'm hitting between 1400 and 1700~crits. :D

Oh yeah, it's worth trying out the new Cheat Death now... 3 points for 100% immunity to an attack that would otherwise kill you? Not to mention any attacks on you get reduced 90% for 3 seconds immediately afterwards. I tested it on the PTR. Was at 250~ health and I attacked a level 67 mob. It hit me for 200 or so.. Then Cheat death activated. It's amazing how long 3 seconds is when you're doing 500+ DPS. *Smiley removed*

Sadly on live I couldn't spec into Cheat Death. :( My Seal Fate Hemo spec doesn't allow it. Not that I really need CD when I mainly kill my target without them ever being out of stunlock. ::'

Blind! 1.5 minute CD with talents and "unlimited" uses, LOVE! It suffers from diminishing returns, but the CD is so long you'll never notice it unless you and another 5 rogues team up to blind one target over and over. *Smiley removed*

Finally the buff to Fleet Footed... GOD DAMNIT I LOVE. :P

Now is a good time to play Horde in AV too. I played 3 matches last night and we steam rolled the Alliance all 3 times. My only guess is to why... Is Alliance were still trying to play AV the old way. (That way, they won 90% of the time. At least on my BGroup).

As a rogue I can now ninja the bunkers, towers and GY's. No elites and especially a drastic decline in mobs that can see through stealth. :thumbsup:

Levelled my Paladin up to 19 too, gonna play a few WSG's and see how a normally geared Paladin does against the Alliances 45003988875 twinks. Once I get to 20 I'll be testing out the new benefitted levelling and I'll probably get back to you all on that. Then again, I've never like levelling. So I'll probably go back to my Rogue. :wink:

One thing I've not tried out yet is WSG on my rogue. Apparently there's a new debuff when you drop the flag meaning you can't pick it up again for 3 seconds. One of the ways for a rogue carrying the flag to get out of roots or snares was to Vanish, pick up flag, sprint. Now you're not supposed to be able to do that? I'll check it out.

Anyone who plays/played a Rogue kindly let me know if it'd be a major benefit to me if I replaced Premeditation (which I never EVER use) with Vigor. I dunno if the extra 10 energy will be worth it and I don't wanna spend 50G finding out. -.-

My usual opener is CS -> Hemo (35 energy) to 5 points then KS, if CS runs out before I get 5 points I KS with only 4 -> Blind -> Restealth -> repeat. That's the basic idea. Would having 10 extra energy give me an extra Hemo do you think? It'd be nice... My Seal Fate build does really well on non-pvp geared folk. But with the Gladiator set being available for honor more people will have more resilience and I'll not be critting. It's just to get the initial 5 points. *Smiley removed*

PS. WHAT THE F**K IS THIS?!

"The number of smilies in the post (13) is over the limit (10)"

Tip.It not think that maybe someone would be writing a crap load with lots of sentences and wanting to express themsleves aswell? Artards.

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

never got to do AQ... started playing too late.

really though i cant see anything being more annoying than these guys. You charge into a pack of 5 and by the end of the fight.. you could be winning, or you could be being overwhelmed by 17 mobs.. and its mostly down to chance.

Heh, thought so.

My first comment after encountering the trash and realizing what they were doing went along the lines of "This is the worst trash since the pre-Twin Emps trash, seriously, what the hell?".

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

yaay! finally got my t4 head and a new epic neck item today..

but one thing is really annoying me. I cant see raidwarnings flash up on the screen. As you can imagine its kinda helpful when you have deadlybossmods to have the warnings flash up at you during the fight.. but they wont. I can see them appear in the chat. but they dont appear big in the middle of the screen. raidwarnings refuse to work. with or without addons. And im really annoyed about it. any idea what can cause that?

Tk5SF.png

So.. I'm faintly debating of coming back for a bit.

I made a trial account out of boredom, and I have to say that the 2.3 patch is tempting. It looks to have a lot of improvements (Daily battleground quests, daily instance quests... ect) along with general improvements to battlegrounds.

The faster leveling seems nice as well. I always hated levels 20-60... now hopefully not near as much. :P It also seems a lot more ballanced (PvP wise) than it used to be, nothing really seems to be sticking out as OP atm.

Anyways it all depends (of course) on if my roomate wants to join in or not. I know he has a WoW and BC second account he got for his birthday (LOL, parrents didn't know he already had it and quit the game) so he might be wanting to.

If we do we'll probably end up rolling alliance on a good PvP server. I don't really care for setting myself up for raiding again with college going on (maybe save for ZA or something...) so we would probably do a 2v2 arena team and focus on that.

IIRC S1 gear is getting added to the list of what you can buy with honor when S3 comes out, right? If so that'd certainly make getting geared up easier for us... Of course now I have to think (if we played) what combo to do. I know my roomate would probably wanna play a gnome. :lol:

Any comments guys? With AoC still pushed back a bit (at the least 4 months... and I have a suspicion it may get pulled to next summer) it seems like it might be worth it getting back in. Hellgate is great, but I don't think its a game I can devote a ton of time to.

Nice Jaz. :) Hey - how do you like the 1/3 of healing going to spell damage? Did you have a DPS set before or?

I'm loving it. I didnt have a dps set before, and thers no point in getting one now.. since I can churn out as much DPS as a dps class in full blue gear, which is good enough for 5 mans (if i ever wanted to dps) and i'll never be doing damage in a raid so its great. Its also increased my solo ability a lot. which im very happy about.

I tried going hybrid to get the spirit buff but it just isnt working for me.. I cant get used to not having CoH for raidheals.

Tk5SF.png

Funny WoW related comic, explicit language, view at own risk:

[hide]thedangersofwowmi6.jpg[/hide]

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

I decided to come back, got the game (again) today. :lol:

Think I might play on Boulderfist alliance side, I kind of feel like killing BlueTear. :P (how is the PvP on Cyclone BG btw Blue?)

Just debating on a class to play now.

edit:

decided on rolling a rogue again, my roomate is rolling a warrior. Should be an entertaining combo in the arena, at least I think.

Just wondering how an arms war / rogue (either shadowstep, AR/Prep or combat maces) is going to work out for the arena...