favorite rapper

hellzbane

wht do u guys think about nas and his Hip Hop is Dead thing?

Couldn't be truer. Most rappers these days have nothing valid to say, they want money and couldn't care less about how they earned it. I've said for the past couple of years now, hip hop is dying into the stereotype people give it. The most part of them are posers, make no sense, talk about crap, have the same damn beat over and over again and have unnecessary swearing.

Look back to when hip hop made it big in the 80s. This kind of rap isn't about being "gangstas" and "thugs", or how many women they own or whatever. In a way, old school hip hop sounds like poetry put to music. The same can't be said for today's music. It's sad. Even when NWA was big in the early 90s, all the new gangsta rap was valid, because those guys were real, not acting or pretending to sound "cool" or whatnot. That's what I feel most of todays artists are doing, putting on this front that they're some big bad man, they insist on posing with guns and scantily clad women. This big chauvinistic posing just leads me to believe they are trying to cover something up - maybe their lack of talent, or maybe their lack in another department. Ha, probably the latter.

The saddest part is yet to come, people actually copy these people, incorporating these pathetic rappers into their own lives, calling themselves pimps, crips, bloods, Gz, Straight up Gangsta yo..you catch my drift. Their impact on culture saddens me. It has even infected my brother, going around dressing in oversized clothes, wearing du-rags and bandannas, talking about "[garden tools]". Ugh. He even told me he wanted to buy some grills. Seriously.

For a genre I like a good few artists from, I'm afraid most modern tunes just don't sit well with me. By modern I mean probably from late 90s to now. Obviously there are still some talented artists out there, but the ones that get the most recognition are the ones that produce utter bullplop. The songs I hear over and over again in clubs and radio, I listen to what these people are saying, what message they are conveying. Hah, a worthless thing to do with most current artists.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

Couldn't be truer. Most rappers these days have nothing valid to say, they want money and couldn't care less about how they earned it. I've said for the past couple of years now, hip hop is dying into the stereotype people give it. The most part of them are posers, make no sense, talk about crap, have the same damn beat over and over again and have unnecessary swearing.

Look back to when hip hop made it big in the 80s. This kind of rap isn't about being "gangstas" and "thugs", or how many women they own or whatever. In a way, old school hip hop sounds like poetry put to music. The same can't be said for today's music. It's sad. Even when NWA was big in the early 90s, all the new gangsta rap was valid, because those guys were real, not acting or pretending to sound "cool" or whatnot. That's what I feel most of todays artists are doing, putting on this front that they're some big bad man, they insist on posing with guns and scantily clad women. This big chauvinistic posing just leads me to believe they are trying to cover something up - maybe their lack of talent, or maybe their lack in another department. Ha, probably the latter.

The saddest part is yet to come, people actually copy these people, incorporating these pathetic rappers into their own lives, calling themselves pimps, crips, bloods, Gz, Straight up Gangsta yo..you catch my drift. Their impact on culture saddens me. It has even infected my brother, going around dressing in oversized clothes, wearing du-rags and bandannas, talking about "[garden tools]". Ugh. He even told me he wanted to buy some grills. Seriously.

For a genre I like a good few artists from, I'm afraid most modern tunes just don't sit well with me. By modern I mean probably from late 90s to now. Obviously there are still some talented artists out there, but the ones that get the most recognition are the ones that produce utter bullplop. The songs I hear over and over again in clubs and radio, I listen to what these people are saying, what message they are conveying. Hah, a worthless thing to do with most current artists.

i totaly6l agree...cept for the oversized clothes part...that's not really posing or pretending..that's jsut style..

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

Is it Why I don't listen to rap anymore? Alex?

OT: Luring is sooo easy to avoid. That's what those nice signposts are for.

Blodhound Gang!

or Eminem for serious lyrics

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

i totaly6l agree...cept for the oversized clothes part...that's not really posing or pretending..that's jsut style..

I don't care, it looks like you confused your own wardrobe for your 8 foot father's.

Lol at "G-unot". I hate G-Unit and everything they stand for.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

Nas is a smart guy, and this statement couldn't be truer. Nowadays, were lucky to get 1 good song every 2 or 3 months, it's a total shame. It's become very tiring listening to songs about money, women who have traded their souls for riches, and things along those lines. I hate the direction rap is going, somebody has got to stop this.

As for favorite rap artist, I have nine, RZA, GZA, ODB, Method Man, Ghostdace Killa, Masta Killa, Raekwon, U-God, and Inspectah Deck. That's right, the Wu-Tang Clan. I've said why a ton of times before, so yeah, I don't feel like saying why. As for a single rapper and not a group, 'Pac of course.

my fav rappers are the ones who die, because thats one less rap artist in this world

Thank you so much for that enlightened post. Your be-grudging of death on someone specifically because of the music that they are a patron of really is heartwarming, and fills me with hope for today's youth.

I've always had a soft spot for the classics, MC Hammer, De La Soul, The Sugar Hill Gang and Vanilla Ice. I don't mind some of Will Smith's songs either.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Of course, The Wu. Some other rappers I like a lot are Nas, Eminem, 2Pac, Biggie, Big L, Beastie Boys among many others. These new rappers are nothing compared to old school rappers. The only new rappers that are actually good is The Game & Papoose IMO.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

Of course, The Wu. Some other rappers I like a lot are Nas, Eminem, 2Pac, Biggie, Big L, Beastie Boys among many others. These new rappers are nothing compared to old school rappers. The only new rappers that are actually good is The Game & Papoose IMO.

the game is awesome dude

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

I like The Game and Papoose too. I can't for Pap's new album, it's gonna be sick. Some of his stuff is just the illest I've ever heard, like his lyrics from the Touch It remix.

i actually enjoy several...

Ludacris, the guys from N.W.A...

Um, Gnarls Barkley is alright...

WILL SMITH... lol :oops: :uhh:

Atmosphere also... and some underground groups my friend introduced to me...

Edit:

also the beastie boys, and Cyprus hill.

I like The Game and Papoose too. I can't for Pap's new album, it's gonna be sick. Some of his stuff is just the illest I've ever heard, like his lyrics from the Touch It remix.

Yea, his part in Touch It Remix is crazy. Two songs that I really like of his are 'Take it to The Guns' and 'Alphabetical Slaughter'. Alphabetical Slaughter is sick. Try to listen to these somehow, they are real good.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

Yea, his part in Touch It Remix is crazy. Two songs that I really like of his are 'Take it to The Guns' and 'Alphabetical Slaughter'. Alphabetical Slaughter is sick. Try to listen to these somehow, they are real good.

I'd add "Lets Play Monopoly" to that list of tracks:

What if mother nature aborted the sky

When would we shoot our fireworks on the fourth of July?

We can't afford to live, so abortions rise

Can't afford the truth, so we told to lie

Can't afford a funeral, 'cause the costs is high

God damn, we can't even afford to die!

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I don't know much about rap, but []0 [] []\/[] []0-C is my fav rapper. Ofcourse Kanye too, everyone loves Kanye. T.I. only because of rubberband man :P. Oh yea, Gym Class Heroes are really good too.

I don't listen to rap for a messege, just for a nice beat and ryhmes. I usually don't like anything heavy.

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com