Newest Pixels

tennvols21

Nice pixels, rather unoriginal themes for both of them, though. :|

My first concern is the rather flat shading you've used. The colour changes within things like the sunset or the grass is too drastic. Unless you're going for that sort of obviously-getting-darker shading, then you'll do best with a bit of dithering in between the different shades.

Character anatomy is iffy in places, and there's very little texture within the pieces.

All in all, rather basic pixels with things to improve on. But that's what practise and reading tutorials are for. :) Good luck!

Faelenof.jpeg

Pixel Artist - Former Player Mod - Former Tip.It Mod

Not taking sig requests - sorry!

They look sweet!

The hand in the second one of the mage is alittle off anatomy though...

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Erm... wow... Not to diss your work or anything... but guys... if you know nothing of artwork please DO NOT puff up an artists ego with comments like "Looks awsome"...

There are some really large flaws with all of these... I mean huge glareing flaws...

On the first piece wow... I don't know where to begin..

Sun- yay two shades of yellow with colors rotateing out of it... erm like large lines... eww

Grass- Wow.. somthing must have happend to the world while i was asleep... neon oh erm gee.. and no textureing anywhere.. none...

Castle- you are aware that things are 3d right?? horray for paper castles

Charcter- 1 shade of color for his skin

Moutain- same as grass - flat, no texture, bland colors

Fire- Shame that so many people see fire as an object that can't be seen through... in fact most fires have parts that are transparent

Text- Doesn't match...

Ice at top of mtn- Ermm wow just never do that to the poor ice again please.. looks like some odd idea of icecles plastered onto a mountain... yucky

Overall its an idea that has been used time and again... (I can name 4 sigs off the top of my head that have a rs character sitting on some cliff somwhere with a fire behind em)...

It's actually kinda sad that people are rating work like this "amazing" that tif's art section has been so degraded from the times of Mrxman, Gs, Lp, Random, princessa9, terly, ect... i know i forgot a few somwhere in there... anyway yall need to be re-exposed to some amazing pixel art... then judge this stuff

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

Nazgul740 there was no need for sarcastic comments like the castle stuff, takes time to learn perspective many of us started with flat-like buildings before too, don't wanna see flamish CC's like that again please.

About the sigs, I like the first one more, the second one is another pking sig but I think you should work on improving the first one for now since it's more original. While your shading is simple, you put the concept well of a sunset making things facing it bright while all else is darker with long shadows. Do small steps of improvement, work on textures first - grass, sky, rock/stone, clothe, skin and so on for now.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

Erm... wow... Not to diss your work or anything... but guys... if you know nothing of artwork please DO NOT puff up an artists ego with comments like "Looks awsome"...

There are some really large flaws with all of these... I mean huge glareing flaws...

On the first piece wow... I don't know where to begin..

Sun- yay two shades of yellow with colors rotateing out of it... erm like large lines... eww

Grass- Wow.. somthing must have happend to the world while i was asleep... neon oh erm gee.. and no textureing anywhere.. none...

Castle- you are aware that things are 3d right?? horray for paper castles

Charcter- 1 shade of color for his skin

Moutain- same as grass - flat, no texture, bland colors

Fire- Shame that so many people see fire as an object that can't be seen through... in fact most fires have parts that are transparent

Text- Doesn't match...

Ice at top of mtn- Ermm wow just never do that to the poor ice again please.. looks like some odd idea of icecles plastered onto a mountain... yucky

Overall its an idea that has been used time and again... (I can name 4 sigs off the top of my head that have a rs character sitting on some cliff somwhere with a fire behind em)...

It's actually kinda sad that people are rating work like this "amazing" that tif's art section has been so degraded from the times of Mrxman, Gs, Lp, Random, princessa9, terly, ect... i know i forgot a few somwhere in there... anyway yall need to be re-exposed to some amazing pixel art... then judge this stuff

I only say stuff like that to encourage the others. They do look good, but he does need to look at some tuts and stuff. Its still good.

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

actually there are quite a few mayor mistakes

for the first one.

since the sun is directly behind everything...

all shapes you see should be silhouettes.

with a light border around it ...

you also need to use alot more saturated collors the

flashy collors hurt your eyes.

I for one have never seen the sun like that a yellow ball...

try and make it white in the middle ( never be afraid to use pure white)

and the more u go away from the center you go to yellow-orange-red

but don't do this like a ball enlarging.

stretch it out along the horizon

something like this ( note how the cliff is a silhouette )

sunrise.jpg

also pay attention to the things nagzul said he might not brouth it to you in the nicest way, but it has a kind of hard truth.

just put more time in your sig more then 10-15 minutes....

whatcw4.giflol3qy2.png

Look at the sun. actualy don't but, look at a picture of it. you'll notice looking at it, the sun, from our perspective on earth, is about the size of a quarter, maybe a bit larger.

Right now it's about the size of the person. eek. i think the earth just got enveloped in the sun.... Well. just thought i'd say that. I find it common in almost all the (no offence) amateur pixels i've seen lately.

Try to dither the abrupt changes, like the sunset, or tone the changes down a bit.

texture the ground. work on the mages anatomy in second pic.

Again! TEXTURE! looks horrid without it, imo.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

i took 2-3 hours on each one

That doesn't necesarily means it's good. You could spend days on a piece and it look like crap. And, honestly, it doesn't look like you spent "2-3 hours on each one." It actually seems improbable, unless for two hours and fifty minutes, you just sat and stared at the screen. You really need to look at some tutorials and listen to them and take to heart what they say. That's how most people get better.

wiseoldmanv2jpgvx2.jpg

do u wow?

Cassiius|Level 70 Night Elf Preist|Runetotem

Sambora|Level 37 Tauren Shaman|BurningLegion

i took 2-3 hours on each one

That doesn't necesarily means it's good. You could spend days on a piece and it look like crap. And, honestly, it doesn't look like you spent "2-3 hours on each one." It actually seems improbable, unless for two hours and fifty minutes, you just sat and stared at the screen. You really need to look at some tutorials and listen to them and take to heart what they say. That's how most people get better.

i totaly agree with Kuroi and about the time u spend on it: i spend about half the time on this piece and that was alot harder: (i know it isn't finished and that it is old)

sampleriksky1.png

taz3xk1.jpg

I saved your pic to my computer so I could show you some things ok.

In your pic the shadows are off in comparison to the suns possition, follow the black lines in my edit to see which way they should go.

Secondly, the mountain and the snow on it. The mountain should be a more greyish-brown color, it looks better with the snow. Now the snow, try not to use the line tool when making things like that, I used the pencil tool and 3 shades of white/cyan on my edit.

The skin tone on the person needs more depth, I made the original skin tone a little less grey and added shading.

The areas I circled in red need to be improved on, for the door try to make it a little more symetrical. The towers need more depth and add some stone chunks around the area it fell from. Th castle also needs more shading on it, and its in 2-D, try to get it 3-D.

For the grass, I suggest getting one more shade of dark green by the bottom. I also changed the red stripe in the sunset to be more pinkish-purple, I think it fits good.

30kvrcj.png

For the second one I'm only going to say improve the shades on the lava, mabey the blue/cyan block thing(ice spell?) in the background, make the castle a little less like the one in the first pic, and improve the skyline.

623aivo.png

Veni Vidi Vici

I came, I saw, I conquered.

Hail to the wiki! For all your information needs.

[hide=click here for c/c] ermm the update isn't realy better then the first one...

* The sky isn't good shaded, first make some "round" lines around the sun that get a little darker everytime, full the spaces between the lines up and dither it realy much around the lines not over the whole thing a few points like now, because that ruins the sky completely.

* The clouds never have a green color, the should be white/gray and then go slowly to the yellow/orange. Also the way your clouds are made isn't right, because have u ever seen round wave thingy clouds? I personaly dont are a master with sky's but here this is realy bad :wall:

* The grass on the hill where the person is sitting looks pretty good but the problem is that u used it for the whole thing. Grass gets smaller how further awey it is just like annything.

* The mountain is wrong shaded, its at flat as possible, thats because of the shading, please ask someone else how to do taht because i'm realy bad with sky's :wink:

* The snow on the mountain is... Flat, wrong and the colors aren't right. U should have chanced that like u have done with almost everything else. Also for this please dont ask c/c from me i never use snow on mountains because i also cant make that :?

* The guy is realy flat, Shade him a bit and look for some anatomy tutorials.

* The text is realy wrong, The colors aren't right, wrong font, so realy bad placed. Use some Darkgreen colors for the text and use for another font.

I hope this helps a bit ::'

[/hide]

taz3xk1.jpg

Hey that second update is looking much much better!!!! :)

good job on the grass but I would try and limit the (im not sure how to say it..) depth of the grass on the ground... I would also clean up that sky... Texture is good but its a bit overdone...

you still need to work on the castle make it have more depth... I would add two smaller towers in the back.. Maybe a thin wall or somthing... I'm not sure it's an awkward angle

The moutain to be frank is still a piece of crap... When you shade it though don't just shade away from the sun... make some nice ol angles and points along the moutain after all its not just an upright triangle..

I would limit the amount of green you placed into the sky... it's not really neccary

You might want to think about the shadows on the ridge the character has a fire (source of light) behind him so his shadow might not be stretched back so far...

Define those little bumps you made underneath the ridge... you need to shade them and add some depth with darker colors

With the fire I sitll think it needs to be transparant... Try and work on that and see in which ways you can change it... fire isn't a solid thing...

---

Overall it looks much better then the first... Not great or terrific but its a nice improvement over that first piece... Work on the C\C above and it's going to turn out quite nice :thumbsup:

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

thank you so much for the C/C it is amazing what detail you went into ill try these things as soon as i can thanks

~Tennvols21~

i forgot the mention that, go search some tutorials and try them out, u wil get loads of experience then :wink:

taz3xk1.jpg