Guide for the fastest F2P fly-fishing and banking! Updated!

scruffyo99

Content:

1. The requirements to this method.

2. The location.

3. The method.

4. Benefits from this method.

5. Tips and Tricks.

6. Method 2, Plan A and B

7. Benefits from these other methods

8. Tips and Tricks

9. F.A.Q

Method 1: Lumbridge

Requirements:

Feathers, fly-fishing rod, and Lumbridge Teleports.

Example:

inventoryforfishingmethzc8.png

This is the inventory that I am using, and I have an earth staff equipped.

Note: It is best to use an air or earth staff to not only save one inventory space, but also save runes. An air staff is recommended to save a little bit of extra money.

31 magic is a must! If you do not want 31 magic, this method is not for you.

The method:

You may start out in Lumbridge Bank. You use a Lumbridge Teleport and land in the middle of the castle. Then, you run outside of the castle, across the bridge, and to the fishing spot that is not too far away along the river. Once you are there, you fill up your inventory with 24 fish. After that, you use another Lumbridge Teleport to get back into the castle. When you are back, run inside the castle and walk up the staircase that is in either the northwestern or southwestern corner. Then, walk up the staircase again, walk into the bank, and then bank all of your fish. Once you are finished with your first trip, you may repeat this method again and again until you finish catching all of the fish that you want.

Here is a picture of the walk and everything.

guidemaphe1.png

The red rectangle\square in the middle of the Lumbridge Castle is where you end up after using a Lumbridge Teleport. Luckily, you technically only have to walk one way as you don't have to walk the full length both times.

Benefits:

1. You get magic experience by teleporting. Each trip gives 82 magic experience, 41 magic experience per teleport.

2. Teleporting is much faster than walking. This method is twice as fast as walking back and forth.

3. You do not have to use Home Teleports, which make you wait 30 minutes before using another and the emotions take longer.

4. You do not have to be a member to use this method!

Tips and Tricks:

1. There is a handy formula that you may use to help you with this method. This formula would be that you need to divide the amount of feathers you would like to use by 12 to get the amount of law runes that you need. Another formula that you may use is to multiply your law runes by 12 to get the amount of feathers that you would be able to use.

Examples:

1. You have 24,000 feathers and you would like to know how many law runes that you need. You divide your amount of feathers by 12 to get the amount of law runes that you need. (24,000 / 12 = 2,000 ). That means you need 2,000 law runes to use every feather up that you have.

2. You have 1,000 law runes, and you would like to find out how many feathers you can use. You multiply 1,000 by 12 and get 12,000 feathers. If you would like to take the long way to figure this out, since two law runes are required per trip, divide 1,000 law runes by 2. That gives you 500, and then multiply 500 by 24 to get 12,000 feathers. You multiply by 24 because 24 is the amount of fish that you catch in each load of fish.

2. This method involves banking the fish, so you may do whatever you would like with the raws when you are done. Powerfishing may be a little faster experience-wise, but this involves keeping the fish.

3. 30 fishing is recommended but not required because salmon sell for more than trout.

4. I recommend running as much as you can back and forth, as it reduces the time banking even more. The lowest weight possible on F2P is 3kg with this method due to your staff.

Method 2: Barbarian Village

For this method, you may either:

A. Varrock Teleports, or

B. Fishing and banking without teleports

Plan A: Fishing and banking with Varrock Teleports:

Requirements: Fly fishing rod, feathers, Varrock Teleports, 25 magic.

Recommended: With the Varrock Teleports, it's best to wield an air staff and have fire and law runes in your inventory to save a little bit on air runes. These items would be the same as with the Lumbridge Method, but insead of needing earth runes you need fire runes.

You may start out in the center of Varrock. First, you go to the Varrock West Bank to make sure that you have all of your materials gathered. Then, you walk along the path from Varrock to Barbarian Village and then go along the river to find the fishing spots. Once you have found the fishing spots, begin to fish a full load of trout\salmon. Once you have finished catching that load of fish, use a Varrock Teleport to land in the center of Varrock. After that, go to the west bank, bank your fish, and keep repeating this method.

The walk for this method:

varrockfishingmethodtk5.png

The red square in the middle of Varrock is where you end up after using a Varrock Teleport, and the red lines are the walk that you need to follow.

Benefits:

1. You gain magic experience, 35 per trip because only one teleport is required per trip.

2. Faster walk to bank.

Tips and Tricks:

1. This isn't the fastest method, but you may do it if you want.

2. In this method, you get the same amount of fish per trip as the Lumbridge Fishing Method, which is 24.

Plan B: Fishing and banking without teleports:

Requirements for this method: Fly fishing rod, feathers, and 20 fishing.

You may start out in Edgeville Bank, and you walk down into Barbarian Village. Then, you go along the river and fish in the fishing spots until you have caught a full inventory. Then, you walk up and back into the Edgeville Bank and bank all of your fish.

The walk for this method:

edgevillefishingguidedh5.png

You may start anywhere on this map as long as you have all of the required materials.

Benefits:

1. You make a little more cash this way because you do not need to spend money on runes.

2. This is one of the fastest walks to bank without teleporting.

3. You may catch two more fish per trip than with the methods that involve teleporting.

Tips and Tricks:

1. Each trip, you catch 26 fish, so you get more experience per trip.

F.A.Q

1. Q: Wouldn't this cost more than the fish we are catching?

A: Well, if you do the math, its not. Feathers cost 5-7 gp each, so for 24 feathers in a load, thats 120-168 gp per load. Then the 2 laws add up to 600-800 gp. Thats 720 to 768 gp per load. If you sell the fish, raw or cooked at 50 to 70 each, that adds up to a profit. Even selling 50 each means that it is 24*50, which makes 1200 gp. In the long run, you can make a profit that gets larger the more trips that you make. Either selling raw or cooked both make profits.

2. Q: Where can you sell cooked trout\salmon for atleast 50 each?

A: On World 3, or other pking worlds, pkers pay atleast 50 gp per cooked trout or salmon. Trout can commonly go for 70 each when cooked, and salmon can commonly go for 100 each when cooked.

Thank you for your time in reading my guide to faster fishing

100% F2P- 70 CB, My goal of 1100 total level-

My goal for 1100 total f2p

TFS Leader - http://z11.invisionfree.com/TTFS/index.php?

im going to try this :P thx for the tip...

but it will cost 700 gp - 1k a trip > 10-24 fish for the laws cost...

isnt it faster to drop them? :roll:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

im going to try this :P thx for the tip...

but it will cost 700 gp - 1k a trip > 10-24 fish for the laws cost...

isnt it faster to drop them? :roll:

I added into the guide that it's the fastest way to fish by fishing and banking, meaning that you can do whatever you would like with the fish, and also stated that powerfishing may be faster but does not let you keep the fish.

Good guide man. :)

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

nice guide very creative =D> . but one question, where can you sell cooked trout/salmon for 50 each because i thought they were a lot cheaper than raws. unless im mistaken...

On World 3 Edgeville, several pkers that are generally low in combat who do not have very many hitpoints yet buy them, some people pay 100 for cooked salmon and 70 for trout, but sometimes it may be hard to find a buyer.

nice guide very creative =D> . but one question, where can you sell cooked trout/salmon for 50 each because i thought they were a lot cheaper than raws. unless im mistaken...

On World 3 Edgeville, several pkers that are generally low in combat who do not have very many hitpoints yet buy them, some people pay 100 for cooked salmon and 70 for trout, but sometimes it may be hard to find a buyer.

thanks i never knew that plus i can sell cooked lobs there for 250 each :thumbsup:

I actually recently finished getting 85 fish and cooked all my trout and salmon, I posted here on the tip it forums and was able to sell 12k trout 30ea and 8k salmon for 50ea within about a week, so that is also an option.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

ahh! u shuda just told me this and never posted on forums!!

GrEaT GuIdE!!

*no wonder u got ownage lvls.. psh u my rs idol w00t w00t*

although ur the one whos got the crazy fish.cook lvls.. i always thought raw trout and salmons were 50/70 ea? not 70/100 ea?

and if it helps, cooked trout can go from 30-50 and cooked salmon 40-60 ea

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

I used almost the same method, but I fished in Barbarian Village, and teleported to Varrock. Then bank in the west bank, and run back to your fishing spot. Works as well. I dunno what is shorter, but you use less laws.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

nice guide--

i'll try it!!

RSN: Runesofchaos

Fishing Level: 83

Cash Available: 2.4M (PM to sell laws 300ea, feathers 4ea, airs 12ea)

ty again <3:

~~runes~~

EDIT: 10/10 \'

--

I might be an idiot, but since when did f2p have a lumby bank?

I think Jagex added one to Lumbridge several months ago, but I'm not sure. Thank you for the positive feedback everyone.