Sparty's Guide on AVOIDING F2P Rune Pkers! Pictures Galore!

sparticus348

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great guide!

not that ill ever have the chance to use it <.<

but if i ever run to rune rocks to do something stupid, and i run into a pker, ill remember this guide! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

This can also be good if you're pking and you meet MUCH higher level or a clan and you fear for your life, though i've always gotten away from a clan, except once, a level 100+ and i ran out of energy.

Caradinor.gif

Caradinor.gif

Caradinor.gif

Caradinor.gif

If you have started Dragon Slayer, shouldn't you also bring an Anti-Dragon shield? I mean, you can get it back at ease, it gives good bonuses, namely mage, and doesn't weigh you down too much.

Plus if you DO die, you can replace it on your way to Lumbridge Bank.

10/10 AOW :thumbsup:

Dude, you're an idiot #-o
Dude, your feeble attempt at an insult is hilarious.

... You can tell JAGeX is British - No common sense. :notalk:
Supportmage:Quick Robin,to the roflcopter!

WOW a very nice guide though i don't mine rune anymore and will never do so..

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

once i saw some1 pking a rune miner. i binded the pker, the miner ran, binded him :P then killed him. 21 free rune ores

the new lvl 3 member skiller.....if u c me, im not a macro

If you have started Dragon Slayer, shouldn't you also bring an Anti-Dragon shield? I mean, you can get it back at ease, it gives good bonuses, namely mage, and doesn't weigh you down too much.

Plus if you DO die, you can replace it on your way to Lumbridge Bank.

Yes, but i was to lazy to go get one.

WOW a very nice guide though i don't mine rune anymore and will never do so..

Well, very nice 99 mining anyways <3:

once i saw some1 pking a rune miner. i binded the pker, the miner ran, binded him Razz then killed him. 21 free rune ores

You should have asked him to read my guide :lol: . He should have turned on protect from mage :thumbsup:

Break

BlueSig3.jpg

Hey sparticus, i remember you from yew bot killing in Rimmington, i didn't know you had 85 mining though. I've always wanted it but not got the patience/time/motivation for it.

Great guide though, if i ever make it to 85 mining i'll be sure to look at it again.

10/10!

screenshot041aoj0.jpg

Hey sparticus, i remember you from yew bot killing in Rimmington, i didn't know you had 85 mining though. I've always wanted it but not got the patience/time/motivation for it.

Great guide though, if i ever make it to 85 mining i'll be sure to look at it again.

10/10!

Ah. I remember you :anxious:

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Break

BlueSig3.jpg

Nice guide. I remember when I first started mining rune, i was such a novice and kept on getting killed. Now through experience and a couple of your tips I will be an even better miner.

Add me and we can mine together in the future.

Ruff ryder73

ruff+ryder73.png

Nice Guide!

9/10 don't you check for people under you? i do lol (if i hadn't i would have got pked like 10+ times), i f2p rune mine too. Very good tips, hadn't thought of using the altar lol, i use the hobgoblin mine instead :D

Buying uncut and cut diamonds 2k each, pm me in game or tipit if you want sell them. Im f2p though and will come to you

Hey sparty.

Nice guide, I always wanted to look in a runemining guide and now it's finally there!

Maybe I can add some things to your guide:

When I runemined I always teleported to falador, it may look its durther away, but you can walk in a straight line back since the rune rocks are also located in the western part of the f2p world.

Nowadays, with the sceptre, you can also make some sceptres (combine with combat training) and you can carry 2 more rune ores!

Also, I used a defence ammy, its great for helping you escape.

I think rangers will give you the most trouble as they can hit the hardest, and you cant escape them that easily, maybe wear rune armor instead of dragonhide? Mages cant hit high anyway.

Because it's rather easy to escape I wouldnt use that many food, leaving 20-25 spaces for rune ores would do. And some food for dropping ofcourse. ::'

I like the part where you explain how to lose melee pkers, I think with this information, the melee pkers shouldnt pose any threat at all.

Skilled rangers are harder to get rid of, I think wearing rune armor and fleeing all the way to lvl 20 would be best to evade them.

Anyways great guide =D> :thumbsup:

conplaatje3vl9.png

Very nice guide :thumbsup: I might use it myself if I ever get 85 mining (currently 76). There's one thing I was wondering about though? How many rune ores can you generally mine in an hour? This includes walking to the bank, escaping pkers etc.

vsigcopyhj0.png

Hey sparty.

Nice guide, I always wanted to look in a runemining guide and now it's finally there!

When I runemined I always teleported to falador, it may look its durther away, but you can walk in a straight line back since the rune rocks are also located in the western part of the f2p world.

Nowadays, with the sceptre, you can also make some sceptres (combine with combat training) and you can carry 2 more rune ores!

I think rangers will give you the most trouble as they can hit the hardest, and you cant escape them that easily, maybe wear rune armor instead of dragonhide? Mages cant hit high anyway.

Because it's rather easy to escape I wouldnt use that many food, leaving 20-25 spaces for rune ores would do. And some food for dropping ofcourse. ::'

I like the part where you explain how to lose melee pkers, I think with this information, the melee pkers shouldnt pose any threat at all.

Skilled rangers are harder to get rid of, I think wearing rune armor and fleeing all the way to lvl 20 would be best to evade them.

Thanks!

Its all a matter of opinion, but I added it anyways \' . With the sceptre, in my opinion, it takes very long time to get all the pieces. But of course it will save you the two spaces, but person I don't really think its worth it.

Again, the def ammy is optional. With the Dhind, its not really for mage protection - its for getting away from binds. But even then, I usually where rune legs/helm, its all a matter of opinion.

Personally with skilled rangers, you have two options - 1. Using the alter method. With this, you can open and close the door, it usually works - you only need 10 seconds. 2. Run :lol: .

Thanks for the positive feedback <3:

Break

BlueSig3.jpg

Hey sparty.

Thanks!

Its all a matter of opinion, but I added it anyways \' . With the sceptre, in my opinion, it takes very long time to get all the pieces. But of course it will save you the two spaces, but person I don't really think its worth it.

Again, the def ammy is optional. With the Dhind, its not really for mage protection - its for getting away from binds. But even then, I usually where rune legs/helm, its all a matter of opinion.

Personally with skilled rangers, you have two options - 1. Using the alter method. With this, you can open and close the door, it usually works - you only need 10 seconds. 2. Run :lol: .

Thanks for the positive feedback <3:

Indeed, but when you combine the collection of scepters with a combat goal, it is worth it I think.

I dont see any point in not taking a defence ammy, it gives better defence against any pker then any other ammy.

Hm your door method is interesting, Ill try to test it next clan event. Anyway I think there's a way to get around this. The ranger can open the door and step inside the building, then attack (if you open door and walk inside right after, you cant be blocked again, youll walk through the door if it's closed directly) , the runeminer could close doors again and run, but won't run out of range.

conplaatje3vl9.png