SNES Games

Korla

I sold my SNES when I was like...13 or something, stupidly, to get some money for N64 games. Anyhow, lately I've been wanting to relive the old controller and and the feeling of some classic games like:

Super Metroid

Mega Man X

Super Mario World

Super Tennis

So, basically, I'm wondering about other games to get if I do end up buying it. Zelda is ofcourse a classic, and Chrono Trigger... I do think they're pretty hard to get and expensive aswell, so it might be a nono for those...even Super Metroid might be hard enough, especially on the wallet.

Well, any ideas?

korla3eaqd3.jpg

I found a snes at a jewelry shop awhile back and they sold me a [bleep]ing phone charger as a power cord ><

I tested it at my friends house to make sure it worked, but I still havn't gotten a power cord for it D=

I did get Super Mario RPG from a friend though, so I have 1 great game and a 0% chance at playing it :(

You can't go wrong with Super Mario World (1 or 2), Donkey Kong Country(any of the 3) Super Mario RPG, or any of the other big names

Kirby Super Star. Best SNES game in the history of ever. No lie. Get it ASAP.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

Chrono Trigger is all you need.

Well, there's Final Fantasy VI, I guess. And Secret of Mana 2. And Tales of Phantasia. And Star Ocean.

Good luck finding them, though.

Final Fantasy...feels like alot to get into, tbh, like I'd be away from the world for the week I play it. Secret of Mana 2 is...the same style as FF right?

korla3eaqd3.jpg

No actually, the Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore games are more action oriented, in stead of a turn-based combat system it has a direct combat system where you can see enemies walking around. No random encounters, barely any menus.

No actually, the Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore games are more action oriented, in stead of a turn-based combat system it has a direct combat system where you can see enemies walking around. No random encounters, barely any menus.

Ah, secret of many is more like the Zelda games I suppose. I never did play FF.

korla3eaqd3.jpg

Not really like Zelda either, it still has a pretty rigid system for levelling up, whereas in the Zelda games you mostly just collect new weapons and heart containers. Basically you have eight different weapon types in which your character can gain levels, as well as eight different types of magic. The weapons can also be upgraded, but the effectiveness of a weapon depends mostly on experience. For example, if a character used a chakram for half the game, that character would be more effective with a level 3 chakram than with a level 6 sword.

Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, and Kirby Super Star are the best ones apart from the more classic games like Donkey Kong and Super Mario.

Of course each of these sell for $30-$50 each, and they are almost impossible to find(I'm still having trouble finding Chrono Trigger), but its well worth the money.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

Yea, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario Allstars+World, Chrono Trigger...and, it won't feel the same as the SNES controller, but just buy a PSP and download an Emulator, there's plenty of sites where you can get these games...that's what I did, at least. :-$ :thumbsup:

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

Final Fantasy 6 (or Final Fantasy 3 US)

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Final Fantasy 6 (or Final Fantasy 3 US)

So glad it came out on GBA ::'

Dang it, I keep forgetting. This next weekend I shall have to go buy it for Spring Break.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley