The New Improved General Store!

Guest ShadowClawe

The problem might be larger in worlds like world two, where people are trying to sell items anyway. There could also be a "stock cap" in the General Store. Like there can only be 500 items in at a time. If the store is full and you want to sell your item, you'll either have to wait for a space to fill up or switch worlds.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShadowClawe

Yes, this thread is just a suggestion, but what is the use of suggesting things if they are never going to be put into the game? How will Jagex know I'm suggesting this?

Guest ShadowClawe
another question... what if 2000 players are trying to sell 3 diferent items in there (world 1-12) then it will just be stupid to need to look at 6000 items... and check the prices they sell for...

Well, the only worlds that would even have 2000 players would be worlds 1-8 or so, and MOST LIKELY 2000 players wouldn't be crammed into one general store! There would be no one in the wilderness to pk with, no one to cut logs with. Where are they all, you ask? All 2000 players are crammed into the edgeville general store, trying to make people see 6000 items at once! Anyway there is a limited amount of space, just like normal stores. So after all the spaces are filled, the player would either have to wait for the players' section to open up, or sell his blue party hat to the shop keeper for 2 coins.

Patience is a virtue.

~Shadow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a great idea and I totally support, but there is one problem: it would be unimaginably hard to code. But who cares? Great idea!

notthemightiesttreeuj3.png

+-------------------------+

| . . . . Pure F2P . . . .|

| sig8.png |

| 73 74 73 75 70 86 65 80 |

| sig9.png |

| 85 80 80 80 80 80 80 65 |

| Combat: 092 Total: 1235 |

Guest ShadowClawe
Err... can anyone say auction house from World of Warcraft?... :-w

Yes, this is a good idea, but like i said,^^, they have pretty much the same exact thing in WoW. (Not that I play it or anything....... Stop Staring!!!

(No, but seriously, I don't play it.)

-.-

Ehh...? :-s

1. If I really did copy WoW then im sorry :cry: :cry: I dont play that game so I dont know when i'm copying them :-k

2. Its called "Auction house" you said...? This suggestion isnt an auction. Players post their prices (although the item never leaves their inventory until sold) and other players buy it at that price.(Unless he asks the seller to change the price but why would he just trade him?? :roll: :roll: )

Please read the entire suggestion post before critising me :shame: :shame:

3. How do you know what "Auction house" is if you dont even play World of Warcraft! (rhetorical question)

Yes, this is a good idea, but like i said,^^, they have pretty much the same exact thing in WoW. (Not that I play it or anything....... Stop Staring!!!

-.-

1. If I really did copy WoW then im sorry :cry: :cry: I dont play that game so I dont know when i'm copying them :-k

2. Its called "Auction house" you said...? This suggestion isnt an auction. Players post their prices (although the item never leaves their inventory until sold) and other players buy it at that price.(Unless he asks the seller to change the price but why would he just trade him?? :roll: :roll: )

3. How do you know what "Auction house" is if you dont even play World of Warcraft! (rhetorical question)

Well, it's called an auction house and you post your price and then people can bid on it, or buy it out for a higher price, and then you get the money in the "mail" (ya, I know, WoW is weird...). So, it's not totally the same thing, but it's sort of the same principle.

I'm not saying your idea is bad, I'm just saying its very similar to WoW. But other than that, I think it would be nice to have one of these in rs, and I support. One suggestion, however, is to have a search button maybe, where you could search for what you want, and wouldn't have to look through like 6,000 other random items, as people are saying. Or have them categorized or something. But good idea!

And as for knowing what it is, a bunch of my friends play it and I sometimes watch them play it (considering they play it about 24/7... <.< )

Guest ShadowClawe

-.-

Well, it's called an auction house and you post your price and then people can bid on it, or buy it out for a higher price, and then you get the money in the "mail" (ya, I know, WoW is weird...). So, it's not totally the same thing, but it's sort of the same principle.

I'm not saying your idea is bad, I'm just saying its very similar to WoW. But other than that, I think it would be nice to have one of these in rs, and I support. One suggestion, however, is to have a search button maybe, where you could search for what you want, and wouldn't have to look through like 6,000 other random items, as people are saying. Or have them categorized or something. But good idea!

And as for knowing what it is, a bunch of my friends play it and I sometimes watch them play it (considering they play it about 24/7... <.< )

K thanks, sorry if i offended you

I Jump to conclusions a lot...

I like the idea. But I can imagine it being full all the time. If something like this made it into the game, everyone would be in a general store trying to buy something. Tabs are probably the best idea so players can find what they want.

electrofrog6ck.jpg

fotwunderbanner2zg4.png

Hey,

nice Idea, but isn't it a better idea to use a new store such as an auction house and leave the nice shopkeepers alone? You'd have more auction space

and the interface could be improved (new improved) and give it a better look overall,

just an idea :roll:

MTH66

Don't be hard on Noob-members!

untitled6kv7.gif

My blog "Newbscape!"

Feel free to "HYT" me at any time!

Good Idea

miph4.png

[spoiler=Old info]Quest Point Cape Acheived:14 October 07 4:30pm GMT+10 .

15108th to 99 Firemaking: 2 October 08 8:15pm GMT+10

Barrows Drops: Verac Flail, Verac Plateskirt x3, Guthan helm, Ahrim Robetop,

Karil top, Torag plate, Dharok plate, Dharok axe. 1900+ total lvl

Dragon Drops: 6: Dragon Legs (iron dragon), Dragon Spear(shadow warrior), Dragon Pickaxe(4)

DK Drops: Warrior Ring(2)

Bandos Drops: Tassets

Maybe make special places in the usual crowds of merchants called "Markets" (Surrounding Varrock West bank, etc.). The same thing said; you put up an item, set a price, wait for it to be bought. You must stay in the market until the item is bought or else the item is automatically taken off the market. There are different stalls for different categories, each one covering an extractive process (Woodcutting; Fishing; Mining; Farming) and a manufacturing process (Fletching and Construction; Cooking; Smithing, Crafting and Runecrafting; Herblore; respectively). Then there would be the basic merchanting stalls: Treasure Trails, Rares. Hunting may or may not need it's own stall, I do not really know much about it. Another thing to add could be where you buy something. You set a maximum price you will buy for, a minimum and/or maximum amount, then anyone who puts something up that meets the requirements is automatically bought. You must have enough gp to buy the item in your inventory and enough space for the item, any item that can be noted is automatically noted. Once you buy/sell something on the market, it is not automatically accepted. You go into a trade window with the other person, with the trade window chat box suggested on these forums (Unfortunately I cannot remember creator's name, will edit in later). Both items/gp are already offered. Then it is just a regular trade from there. Even more things to add are tabs that swap between buying/selling markets (actualy it is essential), ability to organize market by player/item/price/etc.

If you were to log out while in market, any item you had posted is automatically taken off. Seeing as the item is never actually taken from your inventory until you get to the trade window, there is next to no danger of losing your item through a minor glitch.

This is more of a match-making service for buyers and sellers, much like the official forums but in-game, F2p, more organized and gets straight to the point.

If this is stretching the idea way too much, tell me and I will make a new thread, but still credit ShadowClawe ::'

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Guest ShadowClawe
Maybe make special places in the usual crowds of merchants called "Markets" (Surrounding Varrock West bank, etc.). The same thing said; you put up an item, set a price, wait for it to be bought. You must stay in the market until the item is bought or else the item is automatically taken off the market. There are different stalls for different categories, each one covering an extractive process (Woodcutting; Fishing; Mining; Farming) and a manufacturing process (Fletching and Construction; Cooking; Smithing, Crafting and Runecrafting; Herblore; respectively). Then there would be the basic merchanting stalls: Treasure Trails, Rares. Hunting may or may not need it's own stall, I do not really know much about it. Another thing to add could be where you buy something. You set a maximum price you will buy for, a minimum and/or maximum amount, then anyone who puts something up that meets the requirements is automatically bought. You must have enough gp to buy the item in your inventory and enough space for the item, any item that can be noted is automatically noted. Once you buy/sell something on the market, it is not automatically accepted. You go into a trade window with the other person, with the trade window chat box suggested on these forums (Unfortunately I cannot remember creator's name, will edit in later). Both items/gp are already offered. Then it is just a regular trade from there. Even more things to add are tabs that swap between buying/selling markets (actualy it is essential), ability to organize market by player/item/price/etc.

If you were to log out while in market, any item you had posted is automatically taken off. Seeing as the item is never actually taken from your inventory until you get to the trade window, there is next to no danger of losing your item through a minor glitch.

This is more of a match-making service for buyers and sellers, much like the official forums but in-game, F2p, more organized and gets straight to the point.

If this is stretching the idea way too much, tell me and I will make a new thread, but still credit ShadowClawe ::'

We have an Albert Einstein here!!!!

Oh yeah guys sorry if I havent been checking this thread. I rely on my email to tell me when someone posts on this thread, but it hasnt been sending me any... :wall: :wall:

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Guest ShadowClawe

Umm...?

Your a genius, I meant to say. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: