UEFA Champions League/Cup - Euro 2008 - Leagues & Cups

Risen_The

How about we all purchase FIFA 08/PES and organize a head to head league there :-P.

Because we'll set off a FIFA/PES fanboy arguement of epic proportions. I don't like a lot of football fans at the best of times, but throw in a PS2 game and I'm running to the hills.

because you'll get owned

Thanks for all those PMs, by the way. I never knew you cared so much. <3

Yes, i was starting to get worried, you werent pming me back :(

96 is never enough :)

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone was wondering, raz is referring to the 96 Liverpool fans who died in a stadium accident.

I hope this is reason enough for people to disregard and ignore him, and for the mods to finally ban ths low life.

If anyone was wondering, raz is referring to the 96 Liverpool fans who died in a stadium accident.

I hope this is reason enough for people to disregard and ignore him, and for the mods to finally ban ths low life.

To be honest, thats the type of thing that seperates real football fans from absolute morons. Well done keeping your calm pal because that really is a disgusting, below the belt comment.

On the matter of Leeds, this points deduction is extremely painful to me and presumably, all other leeds fans. However I cannot say that it wasn't deserved. Ken Bates is an old crook and it was stupid of him to believe that he could hold the football league ransom. I feel terrible for the creditors that have lent the club millions to help support the local football club and have been given back a fraction (8% i believe) of what they lent. Bates really is a scumbag and he put the club on the line so that he didn't have to pay unpaid taxes to the inland revenue.

The only thing that has really irritated me about this (other than Bates) is the fact that West Ham, although it was in a different field, have acted equally dirty and illegaly and have got off paying a fine that is peanuts to them and even got paid compensation for a player that isn't theres. I would have no qualms with Leeds' deduction if everybody was treated equally.

Still, I believe we will manage to have a good season and have some players more than capable of playing well in league one. Should take inspiration form Juventus in Serie B last season and I still believe we can bounce back up and be in the EPL where we belong in 5 years.

Also good to see smudger leave to where he should of gone from Leeds in the first place.

iteme3721.jpg

It's going to appeal, naturally. 15 points at the moment and to be honest I can see it getting reduced to something like 6-8. The best bit of news for Leeds is that you're actually allowed to buy players again, due to the embargo lifted. jhad it not, and you entered the season without a goalkeeper (as you currently have not got one!) it would have been a lot more lost points!

I cheer for Liverpool. Really hoping on Torres. But I got a feeling that he won't do so good this season 7-8 goals maybe. Hopefully he will prove me wrong soon, maybe even versus Aston Villa today

Can't believe my beloved Celtic drew Spartak Moscow. So now we're playing a team that's top of their league, halfway through their season, and now we have to play them on an artificial surface. Not pleased at that draw :(

Oh well, at least the first leg is away. That way we know what we've gotta do when get have them in Glasgow.

Harrington.gif

Can't believe my beloved Celtic drew Spartak Moscow. So now we're playing a team that's top of their league, halfway through their season, and now we have to play them on an artificial surface. Not pleased at that draw :(

Oh well, at least the first leg is away. That way we know what we've gotta do when get have them in Glasgow.

Like Artmedia Bratislava :-#

Like Artmedia Bratislava :-#

Yeah, that was slightly embarrassing. :oops:

Ah well, that was Gordo's first game in charge... he's improved a lot since then.

Harrington.gif

Liverpool 2 - 1 Aston Villa

Torress looked immense, and Gerrard's free-kick was breathtaking, whether it was a foul or not is debatable.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

True, but you could say the same for the penalty.

Quite a predictable day in terms of results. Predictions for the drop, anyone?

Hard to say at this point all 3 but I think Wigan are looking pretty bad. Derby might also struggle with the lack of any outstanding players. Bolton, if they lose Anelka in January, could slip in, Boro look...well, Boro-ish, Birmingham have bought well but they could struggle away from home.

Could be a tight finish again this season.

Derby will go down they don't have the quality to survive or the money to invest. Wigan don't have too much money to play with either and they have a relatively untested manager. Who'll join them is beyond me.

I don't see Sunderland going down, (not just based on todays result) they've made decent signings in Richardson and Gordon but they might slip a bit near Christmas time. Birmingham have the money to invest to keep themselves up and I think they'll spend in January to ensure that. Bolton will slip down the table without Big Sam but I think they'll be safe.

Despite losing today I still think Tottenham will do well this season (top 4) just because they have quality throughout their squad and the strength in depth to cope with injuries and suspensions when the season goes on.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Personally, I think Bent is going to get found out as a decent, not great, striker.

I'd agree with that, he's not worth the money being paid for him (then again who?). As far as a second choice strikers go though he isn't bad, if either Berbatov or Keane (they seem to be the first choices atm) are out he'll give Jol options.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

As will DeFoe - but the problem is if Berbatov gets injured. Bent, Keane and DeFoe all work at best with link-up men and neither can properly fill the role, maybe Keane but then you're losing his best talents. Jol seems to have spent 16.5mill on a striker of the mould of the 2 he already has, a better 2 in fact, while failing to provide cover for Berbatov, their most important and more susceptable to injury striker. Makes no sense at all.

Thats a bit like what Fergie's done with Carrick and Hargreaves - over 30M on two players who play in the same area and carry out a similar role.

I can't see how those 2 can play together, he can't drop a winger, he doesn't have an attacker who can get goals as a lone striker and there's little chance he'll play 3 at the back. So where do they go? The only option is to drop Scholes but he's one of Man Utd's best, and most importantly, consistant players.

wild_bunch.gif

True, but he did use to play Keane and Butt together in the same team - although back then, Keane was a box to box man and Scholes acted as a second striker. But when you look beyond Hargreaves and Carrick, they don't have another holding man - and you need more than 1. Chelsea do, Liverpool have possibly 4, even Arsenal have 3 in Diaby, Flamini and Gilberto.

But when you look beyond Hargreaves and Carrick, they don't have another holding man

Fletcher and O'Shea can play decently in a holding midfield role.

he doesn't have an attacker who can get goals as a lone striker

I'd be happy with playing Tevez as a lone striker if needed.

sig2ho7.jpg