The Godfather

wakka102

Theres no one great point about the movie, it's just a combination of brilliant acting, editing, direction, cinematography ect.

It's a great story and a great film. You should definatley make an effort to see it.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Theres no one great point about the movie, it's just a combination of brilliant acting, editing, direction, cinematography ect.

It's a great story and a great film. You should definatley make an effort to see it.

how many are there? i thought there were multiple ones. And are they all just as good?

There are three of them. Number 1 and 2 are generally held in very high standing, while number 3 isn't all that much. The first two are similar, while the third one kind of goes a different way.

Personally I didn't enjoy them as much as I thought I would. They were good movies, just didn't rub me the right way. Same thing with another Francis Ford Coppola movie, Apocalypse Now. It was good, just didn't seem to hit me the right way. The exception is the last movie of his I watched, The Conversation which I enjoyed more than I thought I would judging by the first part of the movie.

Still don't let any of that stop you, they are all great movies, and I would recommend them.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

It's one of the few films to spawn a sequel on par or better than its original. The first 2 are fantastic, the 3rd makes me want to cut off a horses' head, but there you go.

Sit tight, though. It's a long film. A looong film. Worth it, some fantastic acting, coupled by great actors (Mr Duval, take a stand) and some iconic scenes.

Saying this, it only squeaks into my top 10. I think some people over hype it a bit.

Like you, I heard it was good and just rented it last week. I've been wanting to for awhile, since it's #1 on imbd. I had extremely high expectations and wasn't really overly impressed or anything. I mean it's an alright movie - I think I just set my expectations too high. I think if I saw it again I'd start to appreciate elements of it though. I had that feeling at the end.

It's an overrated movie.

No it's not. :P

And just like nearly everybody else says: it's near perfection. Every single bit that makes a great movie is worked out in the finest detail. The first two are obviously the best, the third one isn't really good IMO, but just watch it to complete the trilogy.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

It's an overrated movie.

No it's not. :P

I know next to nothing about films compared to you, so my opinion is a very uneducated one when it comes to films, but considering there was so much hype around the film before I watched it, it didn't blow me away like I expected it to.

Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing film, and would certainly be in my top ten, it just didn't appeal to me in the way that other films have.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I agree that people overhype it but they do it to an amount that no film ever created could live up to the expectations. I wish people didn't do that. :D

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I've never seen the movie before but it's ranked as one of the top movies of all time. What makes this movie so good and should I see it? (theres more then one right?)

I must completely ditto your question. Well, the statement part, not so much the question since it's been answered.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

• 5 weeks later...
I've never seen the movie before but it's ranked as one of the top movies of all time. What makes this movie so good and should I see it? (theres more then one right?)

Man I can believe there is some movie lover who didn't watch this trilogy (you like movies don't you ? :D ). These are one of the best movies I've ever seen. I will never forget them.

Man I can believe there is some movie lover who didn't watch this trilogy (you like movies don't you ? :D ). These are one of the best movies I've ever seen. I will never forget them.

That's actually a really good way in deciding if a film is a film great, will you remember them? As you have said, The Godfather I'll never forget.

I'll never forget Meet The Fockers for various reasons, does that make it a great movie? :lol:

Signature3.gif

I'll never forget Meet The Fockers for various reasons, does that make it a great movie? :lol:

Ah, but will people be talking about Meet The Fockers 35 years after it came out? I doubt it :lol:

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

A movie with great comedy scenes, yeah, I don't see why not.

You know what I meant though, so stop trying to find fault in everything I, or anyone else, say all the time. It's getting very tedious. You're a walking discussion. You could argue against yourself and never reach a conclusion.

I was watching part II yesterday and got to a conclusion at a certain point of the story: every time there are two people alone on a scene, one is very much likely to be murdered.

The movies are excellent. If you think about it, so many situations in them became clicḫ̩̉̉s.

I'm certainly going to watch the trilogy again in order to get every little detail in it. And this time I'm going to reserve a lot of time for it!

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me