Skateboarding

np_tyler

i personally don't like skateboarding i am into BMX tho... I am decent at bmx i pull a few tricks no double backflips or anything nuts like that

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Bad, all the "skaters" around me are awful and fall off every 5 minutes - at least get good before you practise in public.

That and they all need jobs and a haircut, least the ones round my city do :-w

wow that's so wrong for so many reason, get good untill u go in public, awefull jstu cuz we bail ,jeez ain't even comenting on that.

Eh, he's kind of right. Another example would be that it's a lot like the unwritten rule in the gallery forum where you shouldn't post your first pixel sig.

Sometimes though when you skate you may look really bad, doesn't mean you are.

The person could be trying a new trick the whole day and only land it a couple times and bail the other 100. Such as with me when I was trying a double kickflip off a 5 set two weeks ago :x .

Can any of you guys land an impossible? I need some tips on how to land it, or even do it. I heard it's like a 360 shove it, which I can do.

who cares if you look bad? jsut skate for urself!

double kickflip down the 5 is pretty tight ofcourse if u ain't lying.

impossible are like 360 shoves but it goes around ur back foot, i don't wana meess with those tricks but did it a few times when i was jokign around with my buddies.

No, Bad, all the "skaters" around me are awful and fall off every 5 minutes - at least get good before you practise in public.

That and they all need jobs and a haircut, least the ones round my city do :-w

wow that's so wrong for so many reason, get good untill u go in public, awefull jstu cuz we bail ,jeez ain't even comenting on that.

Eh, he's kind of right. Another example would be that it's a lot like the unwritten rule in the gallery forum where you shouldn't post your first pixel sig.

Sometimes though when you skate you may look really bad, doesn't mean you are.

The person could be trying a new trick the whole day and only land it a couple times and bail the other 100. Such as with me when I was trying a double kickflip off a 5 set two weeks ago :x .

Can any of you guys land an impossible? I need some tips on how to land it, or even do it. I heard it's like a 360 shove it, which I can do.

who cares if you look bad? jsut skate for urself!

double kickflip down the 5 is pretty tight ofcourse if u ain't lying.

impossible are like 360 shoves but it goes around ur back foot, i don't wana meess with those tricks but did it a few times when i was jokign around with my buddies.

A double on a 5 set is not tight at all, kickflips are very easy to get a second rotation on. All you have to do is flick your foot harder.

It also really depends how you do the kickflips, some people flick with the side of their foot and I flick with the toe, which allows me to flick it faster.

goldenblade995.png

Hehe I love seeing myself at the top of quote pyramids.

The main reason i think people should get good before they go into public places is because of the danger and risk to others. Those things have wheels, they roll, you fall off and get a grazed knee - fair enough. The board rolls on and goes into the path or a car, or worse the thing flips up and goes through the wind shield.

That and most skaters i encounter are incredibly rude and disrespectful - one (complete with long greasy hair) deliberately swerved at me coming down a hill, the next time he tried I'm glad to say i stuck my foot out - he didnt try again.

Responsible skaters i have no problems with, the ones who think it is clever to terrorise pedestrians, use space NOT intended for skating or practise in the underground carpark (im not even kidding) will find their board in a remarkably awkward place.

and a haircut

Yea, it seems like all the skaters that have long hair are like, "Hey look I have long hair and I skate, look im cool."

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

Hehe I love seeing myself at the top of quote pyramids.

The main reason i think people should get good before they go into public places is because of the danger and risk to others. Those things have wheels, they roll, you fall off and get a grazed knee - fair enough. The board rolls on and goes into the path or a car, or worse the thing flips up and goes through the wind shield.

That and most skaters i encounter are incredibly rude and disrespectful - one (complete with long greasy hair) deliberately swerved at me coming down a hill, the next time he tried I'm glad to say i stuck my foot out - he didnt try again.

Responsible skaters i have no problems with, the ones who think it is clever to terrorise pedestrians, use space NOT intended for skating or practise in the underground carpark (im not even kidding) will find their board in a remarkably awkward place.

well you obviously don't skate so u don't know what's up but you are completely wrong. completely sorry.

and a haircut

Yea, it seems like all the skaters that have long hair are like, "Hey look I have long hair and I skate, look im cool."

And you have glasses and play rs all day you are cool? Anybody is tough online but say that to a skaters face and u'll quickly get punched in the jaw. :D

My bro skates, so he tried to get me into it. I fell, got up, fell, got up, fell, and gave up. :thumbsup:

I bike, swim, play basketball & football, and that's about it in terms of sports. Skating is cool, but hard as hell, no doubt...

I skate a little teeny tiny bit. I can move around pretty good, but can't do that many tricks, but it is still pretty fun, although I really only have one friend to skate with. The only time I will go out in public and skate are when I am with him, because around here, either you're a hardcore skater or you're a poser.

And you have glasses and play rs all day you are cool? Anybody is tough online but say that to a skaters face and u'll quickly get punched in the jaw. :D

I actually HAVE said something along those lines to a skater, and got nothing. Had he punched me in the jaw, I would not have cared. My jaw can take the abuse, its my legs that can't.

Care to give some evidence why I am wrong rather than "you say so"?

I didn't slam all skaters just the ones who act irresponsible and downright dangerously - is that a good or indeed "cool" thing to you?

You can't just get away with saying somebody is "completely wrong" on these boards without explaining yourself - give me an insight into why I am wrong.

I didn't slam all skaters just the ones who act irresponsible and downright dangerously - is that a good or indeed "cool" thing to you?

You can't just get away with saying somebody is "completely wrong" on these boards without explaining yourself - give me an insight into why I am wrong.

i'm not gonna act all smartass but if u don't skate you won't understand, sorry, outsides view on skatebaording is like u trying to multiply 89289327348 by 78324897532 in ur mind in one second, lol i don't know

I skate all the time, if it's raining I'll go to my local indoor park. I have a nice rail and I'm working on a new fun box and kicker.

I would have to say my favourite trick is either a Bs Flip, Bs Feeble or Bs Smith, hard to decide :ohnoes: I used to be h-core into skating but it died a bit and now I just do it more for fun. I have probably broken nearly all of my fingers and also have broke both my arms..there is a story that comes along with that.

3 years ago, my dad had to go play in a slow pitch tourny so I went with him. They had just built a new skatepark there so I decided to go check it out, broke my arm because I slipped out of a 50-50 and fell realy akward. 2 years after that we went back to the same tournament, same weekend and I retuned to the park...broke my other arm trying to Feeble the 12-set, I thought I could do it :-k . Pretty wierd if you ask me. Whats next? =S

Vector1.png

i'm not gonna act all [smarty pants] but if u don't skate you won't understand, sorry, outsides view on skatebaording is like u trying to multiply 89289327348 by 78324897532 in ur mind in one second, lol i don't know

What in the hell was all that dribble?

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

i'm not gonna act all [smarty pants] but if u don't skate you won't understand, sorry, outsides view on skatebaording is like u trying to multiply 89289327348 by 78324897532 in ur mind in one second, lol i don't know

What in the hell was all that dribble?

hes right Cell, I just have to look at what baron wrote about "practising in the underground carpark!!" to see that he doesn't understand what he is talking about.

tmpphpnppgpw.png

If you're a real skateboarder, you don't give a [cabbage] about what other people think about you.

Don't even have to skate tbh

right on dude!!!

Of course I'm never going to understand if nobody explains it to me! I'm trying to get the inside view but nobody seems willing to explain because I wont' get it anyway, surely I deserve a chance?

As for the underground car-park thing - my argument is that it shouldn't be done because it is dangerous for others; the incredible potential for accidents even deaths of car drivers/passengers (who could potentially be infants) and the skateboarder himself, it is NOT a safe place and not designed for skating. What is your counter argument to this? (saying you wouldn't get it anyway is not an admissible counter argument by the way)

Of course I'm never going to understand if nobody explains it to me! I'm trying to get the inside view but nobody seems willing to explain because I wont' get it anyway, surely I deserve a chance?

As for the underground car-park thing - my argument is that it shouldn't be done because it is dangerous for others; the incredible potential for accidents even deaths of car drivers/passengers (who could potentially be infants) and the skateboarder himself, it is NOT a safe place and not designed for skating. What is your counter argument to this? (saying you wouldn't get it anyway is not an admissible counter argument by the way)

Have you actually seen anybody skateboard? If you have then you know that not everytime somebody steps on a skateboard it flys 100m and hits somebody in the head, and there've been a very few deaths in skateboarding, much,much more deaths in other sports. I mean underground (parking) skating is like a house to skatebaorders, and after i read u say "CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?" it made me laugh because you have no clue what your'are talking about. Pretty much the same as me saying- "I just say people play basketball on a basketball court, can you belive this???!!!!" yea...

Have you actually seen anybody skateboard? Yes, usually dangerously/with little to no regard for others

If you have then you know that not everytime somebody steps on a skateboard it flys 100m and hits somebody in the head Of course, I never said that its guaranteed, just that its a distinct possibility and therefore should be contained

There've been a very few deaths in skateboarding, much,much more deaths in other sports. Yes but the deaths are usually of the participants or fans who chose to watch, not innocent bystanders

I mean underground (parking) skating is like a house to skatebaorders, and after i read u say "CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?" it made me laugh because you have no clue what your'are talking about. I do, its called the world - skateboarding is not an isolated little bubble with no other effect that on yourselves

Pretty much the same as me saying- "I just say people play basketball on a basketball court, can you belive this???!!!!" yea... No your analogy is wrong, a basketball court is MADE for basketball, a carpark is made (surprisingly enough) for parking cars, NOT skateboarding just because you have chosen to use it does not make that correct.

Once again i'd like to reiterate I have no problem with skaters who do so safely and responsibly its a perfectly legitamate and enjoyable sport to me, only the ones who behave recklessly, stupidly or intimidating (usually due to a minority complex I have no doubt) do I have a problem with.

Have you actually seen anybody skateboard? Yes, usually dangerously/with little to no regard for otherscan you give me at least 2 examples how you've seen somebody skating dangeriously? 1 is may be by luck but 2, nono i'm sure u'll find an exuse anyways

If you have then you know that not everytime somebody steps on a skateboard it flys 100m and hits somebody in the head Of course, I never said that its guaranteed, just that its a distinct possibility and therefore should be containedwell that possability is so small t's not even worth mentioning, like possability to break ur skull while playing basketball

There've been a very few deaths in skateboarding, much,much more deaths in other sports. Yes but the deaths are usually of the participants or fans who chose to watch, not innocent bystandersi'd like you to give me 1 example of what you jsut said, i don't know where u pulled that cabbage from

I mean underground (parking) skating is like a house to skatebaorders, and after i read u say "CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?" it made me laugh because you have no clue what your'are talking about. I do, its called the world - skateboarding is not an isolated little bubble with no other effect that on yourselvesWell actually it is an isolated little bubble and we don't care what others think of us because u only live once, might as well have the most fun

Pretty much the same as me saying- "I just say people play basketball on a basketball court, can you belive this???!!!!" yea... No your analogy is wrong, a basketball court is MADE for basketball, a carpark is made (surprisingly enough) for parking cars, NOT skateboarding just because you have chosen to use it does not make that correct. if we choose it to be our skatespot then hell it is our skatespot we don't care what others think

Once again i'd like to reiterate I have no problem with skaters who do so safely and responsibly its a perfectly legitamate and enjoyable sport to me, only the ones who behave recklessly, stupidly or intimidating (usually due to a minority complex I have no doubt) do I have a problem with.that's great that u don't have a problem with *respectable sakters* but there are very few, meaning you have a very big problem indeed :) Also please don't call skateboarding a sport because it's beyond ur understanding of "sport"

yea i was rude sorry but that's who i am, i'm not gonna pretend to be all polite and explain everything, i do wut i want.

Also i know why everybody hates us, because we found a hole in the system- we know how to have fun@

Ok then well I'll combine the first 2 into the same answer = example number 1 = a few weeks ago whilst in the city centre I saw a skateboarder nearly hit a school trip of primary children and swerved into the road to avoid them; was this clever? was this smart? can you defend that kinda of action?

2 = a child recently died near me for skating across a duel carriageway (smaller version of a motorway/freeway only 2 lanes) the guy who hit him was on a motorbike and now has severe spinal injuries, a written-off bike worth ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã20,000+ and has recently sued the family of the deceased and won.

The deaths issue I think you misunderstood me. Say there was a death in American football/Rugby - it would most likely be due to the sport and would only hurt them (say a broken neck in a high tackle) - it was their choice to play rugby and they were aware of the risks. With the example above the motorcyclist/school children were at risk through no choice of their own and without a shred of warning - that is what I have a problem with.

Skating is NOT an isolated little bubble, nothing in this world is as the effects I have described above show. Your comment about "you only live once, have fun" is also inadmissible - say I found breaking car windows fun does that make it allowable/right?

"if we choose it as our skatespot then its our skatespot" = no, so so wrong. Let me give you an example, I have chosen my city centre/local primary school as my car rallying track, Hell it IS my car rally track! and I don't care what other people think - does that make it a clever/correct thing to do?

I see a great number of respectable skaters, there is a small local skate park/ half pipe near me and it is always packed with people of all ages (and its free).

Not a sport you say? The following is from dictionary.com

Skateboarding = the sport of riding a skateboard. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/skateboarding

Sport = an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sport looks like it fits pretty well to me, that's what I understand to be sport, can you correct me?

Now im going to be rude (sorry its who I am) you have NOT found a hole in the system, you buy your equipment from the same shops as everyone else, you are subject to the same laws as everybody else and other people know how to have fun just because it doesn't involve a superiority/minority complex and a rolling plank of wood doesn't mean others can't get enjoyment from it, even if you personally don't.

Ok then well I'll combine the first 2 into the same answer = example number 1 = a few weeks ago whilst in the city centre I saw a skateboarder nearly hit a school trip of primary children and swerved into the road to avoid them; was this clever? was this smart? can you defend that kinda of action?

2 = a child recently died near me for skating across a duel carriageway (smaller version of a motorway/freeway only 2 lanes) the guy who hit him was on a motorbike and now has severe spinal injuries, a written-off bike worth ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã20,000+ and has recently sued the family of the deceased and won.

The deaths issue I think you misunderstood me. Say there was a death in American football/Rugby - it would most likely be due to the sport and would only hurt them (say a broken neck in a high tackle) - it was their choice to play rugby and they were aware of the risks. With the example above the motorcyclist/school children were at risk through no choice of their own and without a shred of warning - that is what I have a problem with.

Skating is NOT an isolated little bubble, nothing in this world is as the effects I have described above show. Your comment about "you only live once, have fun" is also inadmissible - say I found breaking car windows fun does that make it allowable/right?

"if we choose it as our skatespot then its our skatespot" = no, so so wrong. Let me give you an example, I have chosen my city centre/local primary school as my car rallying track, Hell it IS my car rally track! and I don't care what other people think - does that make it a clever/correct thing to do?

I see a great number of respectable skaters, there is a small local skate park/ half pipe near me and it is always packed with people of all ages (and its free).

Not a sport you say? The following is from dictionary.com

Skateboarding = the sport of riding a skateboard. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/skateboarding

Sport = an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sport looks like it fits pretty well to me, that's what I understand to be sport, can you correct me?

Now im going to be rude (sorry its who I am) you have NOT found a hole in the system, you buy your equipment from the same shops as everyone else, you are subject to the same laws as everybody else and other people know how to have fun just because it doesn't involve a superiority/minority complex and a rolling plank of wood doesn't mean others can't get enjoyment from it, even if you personally don't.

just shut up and never go on this topic, u are completely wrong!

Thanks, you just proved me right :D

Immature flaming (shut up), deliberately biasing debates (stay of this topic) and unjustified points (u r wrongzorz!) have made me certain I was right, thank you immensely.

Now on topic - all this has made me interested in skateboarding (safely of course :wink: ) where can I find a beginners guide/skateboarding 101 sort of thing.