The Ultimate Ankou Killing Guide

gorgoroth

Have you ever asked yourself "How can i get fast EXP and make alot of money at the same time?". Well if you are like me, you've asked that question alot. I used to think that there is no way of making money and getting decent melee EXP at the same time without having any qeust requirements. Well sit back and relax while i show you how to get over 50k EXP and over 120k Money a hour.

1. Getting there.

2. Requirements

3. Armour.

4. Inventory.

5. Drops.

6. Tips.

How do i get there?

Well im sure we are all fimilliar with the Stronghold of Securite, aka the SoS. On the 4th floor of the stronghold lies an undead creature that makes training melee a plesure to me. The Stronghold is located in the Barbarian Village. The best way to get there is to Teleport to Varrock and then head WEST along the path. Keep going West untill you see the barbarians. Go down the hole at the mines. Step through the portal go down the ladder. Reapeat this procces on every floor until you reach the last floor. To the north east of you (on the last floor) you will find a gate, go through it and keep heading north till you hit another set of gates. Go through that to enter a room with Ankou(lvl 75). Just follow the maps below and you should get there without a problem.

untitled.jpg

untitled1-2.jpguntitled2.jpg

What levels do i need?

As always, guides can be misleading. Saying you can get 100k Exp a hour, but they negleckt to tell you that its only possible if you are maxed at melee. For killing ankou as fast and effective as i am i would suggest the following levels:

Strength: 85+

Attack: 85+

Deffence: 85+

Im not saying that these are the levels you NEED to kill ankou, im saying that if you wish to benefit as much as i do then 85+ is recomended. With levels from 65+ you can still benefit from ankou, just not nearly as much as 85+

What armour should i use?

Obviously the more STR bonus you have, the better your hits will be, but you dont need THE BEST armour to benifit from Ankou. This is what your Armour/Weapon setup should look like. (I will underline the items i am using)

HeadGear: Helm Of Neitiznot>Berzerker Helm>Warrior Helm

Torso: Bandos Chestplate> Fighter torso> Barrows> Dragon Chainmail> RockShell Plate> Rune Plate

Legs: Bandos Tassets> Barrows> Dragon Platelegs> Rockshell Legs> Rune Platelegs

Boots: Dragon Boots> Climbing Boots>Rune Boots

Gloves: Best RFD Gloves> Regen Brace> Combat Brace

Amulet: Salve Amulet(e)> Salve Amulet> Fury> Strenght Amulet

Cape: Fire Cape> Skill Cape(t)> Skill Cape

Weapon for Str training: Saradomin Sword>Dragon Scimitar>Dragon Longsword>DDS

Weapon for Def/Atk training: Whip> Dragon Scimitar>Dragon Longsword>DDS

Shield: DFS>Rune Defender>Obby Shield> Granite Shield

Ring: Berzerker Ring>Warrior Ring> Ring of Wealth

*Sacred Clay armour might also be a good Armour to use here, but i would only recommend it to players who are atleast 70+ in all combat skills. Why? Because its not going to be worth it getting 20kexp x 2 at Ankou were you could have gotten 40k exp x 2 elsewere.

*Barrows armour is not really of big concern at Ankou. While only being able to hit 8 or 9 max, they dont really hit often. Rune armour would be perfectly fine if you have nothing else.

*Void armour can be a very good idea here. Because of the void bonus being able to stack with the Salve Amulet bonus, you end up with a very high Str+ bonus.

untitled1-1.jpg

What should i take with me?

There are 4 methods of which you can choose when going to Ankou. I will name these methods:

1. Food Method(Taking a Load of food with you)

2. Bones to Peaches Method(Taking along a few Tabs and turning your bones to peaches-usually used for long trips)

3. Guthans Method(taking along a guthans set and healing yourself when HP gets low)

4. Bunyip/Unicorn Method(Taking along a fimilliar to heal you)

Well getting 55K exp a hour means having the right items in your inventory. Since im not a fan of using Bones to Peaches, i just take along normal food. This is what my inventorey looks like:

1 Law Rune

1 Death rune

1 Blood Rune

1 Varrock Teleport

1 Pure Ess(noted)

1 Mithril Ore(noted)

1 Adamant Arrow

1 Coin

1 Gold Charm

1 Crimson Charm

1 Green Charm

1 Blue Charm

The items mentioned above are used as place keepers for the stackable items dropped by Ankou. The rest of my inventory gets filled with food as well as one Super Str and Super Att potion. It adds up to 14 pieces of food. The potions really do make a big difference and may add upto 15k exp per hour. I use Monkfish as they are perfectly fine. I manage to stay there for about an hour or 90 minutes per load.

*If you choose to use or Bones to Peaches tabs to heal yourself, it would be a wise idea not to take potions with you but instead of them to take 50 or so Alching runes with you for when you get a Battlestaff as a drop. Potions will take up space of food.

*Using the Guthans and Fimilliar methods are the best n my opinion. Running around collecting bones all the time can get rather annoying. The advantage with these two methods is that you will have alot of free spaces in your inventory. This will allow you to take more than one Super Set with you allowing you to get faster exp and faster money.

*Potions are not a must have, but i would advise this as it really helps you speed kills up. Speedy kills = fast exp and money.

untitled-1.jpguntitled-4.jpg

What do Ankou drop?

Ankou have a wide variety of drops. I will state them from the most often dropped to least often.

Coins

Death rune(10)

Pure Ess(15 Noted)

Blood rune(10)

Adamant Arrows

Mithril Ore(Noted)

Battle Staff

Herbs

Seeds

Bass

Rune Javelin

Half Key

Clue Scroll

Ankou Drop all kinds of charms but like most monsters they drop gold more often.

This is what my loot looks like after one trip (60 - 90minutes):

untitled-2.jpg

untitled-3.jpg

Have you got any other tips?

1.Always look for a world were there is one one or at most 2 other players in the room. When i am alone or with one other player i sometimes manage to get upto 200k or even 250k worth of drops per hour(without using potions, which would speed things up even more).

2.I find it best just to use food instead of B2P when fighting Ankou. Rannars , Kwaurms and Dwarf Weeds are often dropped and can not be alched, therefore making you loose out on an extra 2k - 6k loot. The bank is close enough and with a Varrock Tele tab it bankes your banktrip take less than 2 minutes.

3. A ring of wealth is not really important as there arent really any "rare" drops by Ankou. Its better to wear a stat increasing ring like Warriors Ring or Berserker ring.

4. If using the Bones to Peaches method i would not reccomend you taking more than 20 tabs with you. I find it possible to stay at the Ankou for over an hour and a half with just one load of Monkfish. One load of peaches should keep you there for a good hour. 20 B2P tabs might prove to be too much as you will soon run out of inventory space because of random event prizes.

5. Ankou are decent exp as it is but using Super Sets may very much increase the speed of your EXP gain. I have tested myself and was able to get upto 75k EXP an hour while using Super Sets. This was an emprty world however so it did speed things up. I would estimate the avg. EXP per hour while using Super Sets about 68k - 70k EXP an hour

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that concludes my guide on hom to make a bit of money by killing Ankou. Have fun!!! Reviews and questions are welcome.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Very well written guide; it contains an excellent balance of pictures and text. I will certainly refer to this guide if I ever get Ankou as a task again. :)

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

When I saw title I was like "Another guide with "Ultimate" in it?"

But while reading it I found it really interesting.

Just one suggestion: Don't use barrows. It degrades meaning less profit and you can't stay there for as long. Tbh with rune it's ok.

Also maybe add other methods, like B2P (Even if you don't like it, people like it) and guthans and bunyip.

Nice guide overall, 7/10

ib7rVm.png

I like the guide, never trained on ankous due to the people there so good job on it.

Just some things I found in the guide that interested me:

I'm just wondering how you don't suggest to use pots the whole trip since they'll speed up your kills resulting in more money.

Since you end up with empty inventory spaces at the end, shouldn't you just keep the battlestaves and sell them on ge?

I'm not sure how hard they hit so rune might be just as good as barrows, even though barrows cost like 10k/hour to use lol

Great guide. I can't say there's much wrong with the format. Barrows is a bit overkill there, you definitely don't need it. In f2p, I'm doing fine with Rune.

But tbh Ankous aren't great xp anymore. 55k an hour isn't very much.

I like the guide, never trained on ankous due to the people there so good job on it.

I'm just wondering how you don't suggest to use pots the whole trip since they'll speed up your kills resulting in more money.

Since you end up with empty inventory spaces at the end, shouldn't you just keep the battlestaves and sell them on ge?

Since i dont use B2P and just normal food to do my trips it would me quite stupid of me to take alot of potions with me and less food. This will mean my trips are going to be shorter and it will result in me getting less profit. And yes the Satves should be kept to sell on the G E, however if you are doing the Guthans or B2P method ou should take along alch runes and alch the Staves.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

Lovely guide, I often kill these myself..... but sort out spelling, punctuation and grammar.

runescapess162607v.jpg

Dragon drops: Half shield(cs), med helm(cs) Chainbody (cs) (I do a lot of monster hunting with my clan!

Barrows: Guthan's plateboy [1]

GWD: None yet, only done a few trips

Others: I'd love to be able to let you know.

GentleAura.png

OK, just another guide. Nothing new

8/10

B2P is really worth it if you have it. You have to pick up loot anyways. Potions are very essential for exp.

The best method is Bunyip. If you have unicorn, you shouldn't be training here anyways.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Since i dont use B2P and just normal food to do my trips it would me quite stupid of me to take alot of potions with me and less food. This will mean my trips are going to be shorter and it will result in me getting less profit. And yes the Satves should be kept to sell on the G E, however if you are doing the Guthans or B2P method ou should take along alch runes and alch the Staves.

You MUST take potions. This is essential. Potions alone add 5k-15k exp a hour. Even if trips are shorter, you get much mroe exp. You only sacrafice 2 spots for much more exp.

Owned_Nex.png

You MUST take potions. This is essential. Potions alone add 5k-15k exp a hour. Even if trips are shorter, you get much mroe exp. You only sacrafice 2 spots for much more exp.

EXACTLY. It's faster xp+faster money+time saved which you can use to make more money or do whatever else you want.

No pots=stupid.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

EXACTLY. It's faster xp+faster money+time saved which you can use to make more money or do whatever else you want.

No pots=stupid.

Well i dont really train with pots because i dont go there for the exp, more only the combo of exp and money. However this guide is not made for me but for the players so i must take your views into considerration and so i will. I have added a small part about the potions. Its nothing at all much but it will be updated and improved aas soon as i get back to ankou. And it is true, no pots = stupid :P

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Decent guide, but unfortunately everything you posted has become common knowledge for most people know. 50k exp an hour and 120k? That's not to shabby, but why not just go to armored zombies to get 100kxp an hour and more than twice the cash? Not only that, but you have the benefit of using Piety, and quite a nice chunk of blue charms.

I'm not trying to put your guide down, its a great guide, but what I just said is what you're competing with. The armor and stats you post, seemed like you were trying to aim this guide towards higher leveled players. You need to add more information, something that'll make it unique and aim this guide for lower levels, you can't expect a lvl 70 to have bandos and a SS.

Good luck,

Promise

Decent guide, but unfortunately everything you posted has become common knowledge for most people know. 50k exp an hour and 120k? That's not to shabby, but why not just go to armored zombies to get 100kxp an hour and more than twice the cash? Not only that, but you have the benefit of using Piety, and quite a nice chunk of blue charms.

I'm not trying to put your guide down, its a great guide, but what I just said is what you're competing with. The armor and stats you post, seemed like you were trying to aim this guide towards higher leveled players. You need to add more information, something that'll make it unique and aim this guide for lower levels, you can't expect a lvl 70 to have bandos and a SS.

Good luck,

Promise

As with any guide the writer will tell you that having the best gear will make you beifit the most, thats wjy i started with bandos. Me being a lvl 122cb using barrows (which most P2Pers can afford) should already show that using cheaper armour still makes you benifit from this. But yes you are right i should aim this towards lower levels aswell.

As for the armoured zomies part. this guide is mainly for people that dont find a liking in quests and as we all well know, armoured zombies require quite a few of them.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Good luck,

Promise

As with any guide the writer will tell you that having the best gear will make you beifit the most, thats wjy i started with bandos. Me being a lvl 122cb using barrows (which most P2Pers can afford) should already show that using cheaper armour still makes you benifit from this. But yes you are right i should aim this towards lower levels aswell.

As for the armoured zomies part. this guide is mainly for people that dont find a liking in quests and as we all well know, armoured zombies require quite a few of them.

You only need to do 1 quest for Zombies, and it only takes 20 min(at most).

Owned_Nex.png

Good luck,

Promise

You only need to do 1 quest for Zombies, and it only takes 20 min(at most).

1 Quest with a few side quests and a few skill reqiurements.....

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

• 2 months later...
The placeholder things = stupidest idea ever created. If you take it out, you can replace the space with food or pots durhrhrhr :roll:

You dont really need alot of food at Ankou, and its kind of annoying having to drop your food once you get an item worth keeping. Place Keepers are there to avoid having to drop food.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

trust me, wit decent armour i was able to stay at Ankou for 2hours with only 14 or 16 pieces of food. They barely hit.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

• 5 months later...