So, you want to be a World 16 Air Crafter?

Marco

So, you want to be a World 16 Air Crafter?

This is not just a guide to becoming a World 16 Air Rune Crafter, but what to do afterwards which may ensure that you don't lose too much money doing it.

For the whole of this guide I'm assuming you're at least Level 44 in Runecrafting and therefore can make 5 Air Runes per Essence used, that Air Runes are sold on average at 15 each, and that you mine your own Essence.

Note: I assume Air Runes are sold at 15 each because this is the lowest amount you should sell your Air Runes for. Personally I always sell in bulk (10k+) for between 17gp - 20gp.

'What's so special about World 16's Air Altar?'

World 16 is the official World for Runecrafting Air Runes, it was mentioned as one of the Official Worlds in Tip.it's article; How Official Are You? (28/05/06).

Being the Official World means it's regocnized as a place where Xp can be gained faster than other Worlds because of the number of people using that World for just one thing (Air Runes in this World).

If you're not sure, the Air Altar is in between Falador and Port Sarim.

This all means that World 16 has a huge amount of 'Air Runners', a Runner is a player which will bring you, the Crafter, unoted Rune Essence for you to get experiance from, and the Runner gets a reward at each trade.

'What does an Air Crafter do?'

Working in the Air Altar in World 16 is so popular because of the extreamly fast Runecrafting Xp. Normally if you wanted Runecrafting Xp you would have 28 unoted Rune Essence, walk to the Altar, craft the Runes, walk to the Bank and repeat -.- In other words it takes ages!

However here a Runner brings you 25 unoted Essence and all you have to do is wait in the Altar and trade with them. Not having to move from the Altar means you can significantly increase your Runecrafting Xp per-hour ::'

To start Crafting in World 16's Air Altar you must have;

• A HUGE amount of Rune Essence, for every 80 000gp you can spend you'll use up 1k Essence. (normal kind, not Pure) [1 slot]

An Air Tiara (not an Air Talisman!) [0 slot]

A lot of money... Remember, for every 1k Essence you use Runners with, you will pay 80k cash to trade.[1 slot]

An empty space, this is where all the Air Runes you Craft go. [1 slot]

startinginventoryeb2.jpg

You'll have 25 spaces left, which is the amount of unoted Essence a Runner will trade you. With these 25 spaces you might as well fill them with 25 un-noted Essence, saves you 1 trade =p Contributed by 'Doomster'

Now, go inside the Air Altar

16airaltargu7.jpg

Confusing? Ah well, this is what it looks like on a quiet day :shock:

A tip on making your life as a Crafter easier is to set your Public Chat to 'Hide'. This way you wont see everyone's stupid messages when you're trying to click on a trade. Contributed by Kinslayer777 & aaron1120

As busy as a very busy Bank, so you need to know what you're doing;

The method to start getting people to run for you is to say what your reward/price is for being a runner. In this guide I'm going to assume you reward will Always be money for the Runners, this will result in more people wanting to Run for you compared to if you offered another reward.

The maximum amount of money I suggest you offer is 2k per trade, any higher and it becomes harder to recoperate losses.

To let Runners know you're ready to trade for 25 unoted Rune Essence you must say 'Open' followed by your price for the 25 Essence, so 'Open 2k +Ess back' for example means that you'll give 2,000gp and 25 noted Essence for 25 unoted essence. However even if you don't say '+Ess back' Runners will assume that you will give Essence back in noted form, so don't be cheap! Give noted Essence back!

tradexp9.jpg

You'll be bombarded with trades if you offer 2k per trade, click on a random trade, put up 2 000gp and 25 noted Essence, the Runner will put up 25 unoted Essence, Craft them, adn repeat until you run out of either money or noted Rune Essence.

'Recoperate the cost'

Of course, the more Air Runes you can make in one 25 Essence trade means you'll make more and more money from the whole skill.

multipleairshc1.jpg

Some calculations.. If you don't really understand the following then I'll summerise it towards the bottom. :-w

What will this cost you then.. At the recomended 2k per trade average making 25 Essence, you'll get the same Xp if you can make 6x Air Runes as you would with 4x as it only depends on how much Rune Essnece you use, and buying essence at 25gp each;

So, remember; you will spend 2650gp in every trade you make regardless of your level

This is paying 2k per trade, and buying essence at 25gp each, and also before you sell the Runes.

(2000 + (25x25)=2650gp)

• At Level 44 Runecrafting, from 25 Rune Essence you make 125 Air Runes.

125 Airs cost 2650gp to make.

Assume Air Runes sell for 15 each

2650/125 = 21.2gp Which means it costs you 21.2gp to make one Air Rune at Level 44 Runecrafting.

125x15 = 1875gp Which is the total revenue you make from selling all 125 Air Runes.

1875 (total revenue) - 2650 (total costs) = -775gp (total profit/loss)

Overall, at Level 44 Runecrafting paying 2k per Runner, Air Runes cost you 6.2gp each, and for every trade you lose 775gp

• At Level 55 Runecrafting you make 6 Air Runes per Essence, so from 25 Rune Essence you make 150 Air Runes.

150 Airs costs 2650gp to make.

Assume Air Runes sell for 15 each.

2650/150 = 17.666* Which means it costs you 17.7gp to make one Air Rune at Level 55 Runecrafting.

150x15 = 2250gp This is the total revenue you make form selling 150 Air Runes at 15 each.

2250 (total revenue) - 2650 (total costs) = -400gp (total profit/loss)

Overall, at Level 55 Runecrafting paying 2k per Runner, you loose 2.666*gp for every Air Rune you make, and for every trade you loose 400gp

• At Level 66 Runecrafting you make 7 Air Runes per Essence, so from 25 Rune Essence you make 175 Air Runes.

175 Airs costs 2650gp to make.

2650/175 = 15.1. So 15.1gp to make one Air Rune at Level 66 Runecrafting.

175x15 = 2625gp - Total revenue you make form selling the 175 Air Runes.

2625 (total revenue) - 2650 (total costs) = -25gp (total profit/loss)

So at Level 66 Runecrafting paying 2k per Runner, you loose 0.1gp for every Air Rune you make (so you pretty much break even paying 2k per trade, buying essence for 25gp each and selling your Air runes for 15gp each at level 66 Runecrafting!), and for every trade you loose 25gp

• At Level 77 Runecrafting you make 8 Air Runes per Essence, so from 25 Rune Essence you make 200 Air Runes.

200 Airs costs 2650gp to make.

2650/200 = 13.25. 13.25gp to make one Air Rune at Level 77 Runecrafting.

200x15 = 3000gp - Total revenue you make form selling the 200 Air Runes.

3000 (total revenue) - 2650 (total costs) = 350gp (total profit/loss)

So at Level 77 Runecrafting paying 2k per Runner, you make 1.75gp for every Air Rune you make, and for every trade you gain 350gp

• Level 88 Runecrafting means you can make 9 Air Runes per Essence, from 25 Rune Essence you recieve 225 Air Runes.

200 Airs costs 2650gp to make.

2650/225 = 11.777*. Then 11.8gp to make one Air Rune at Level 88 Runecrafting.

225x15 = 3375gp - Total revenue form selling 225 Air Runes.

3375 (total revenue) - 2650 (total costs) = 725gp (total profit/loss)

So at Level 88 Runecrafting paying 2k per Runner, you make 3.2gp for every Air Rune you make, and for every trade you gain 725gp

• Lastly! Level 99 Runecrafting(!) means you can make 10 Air Runes per Essence, from 25 Rune Essence you get 250 Air Runes.

250 Airs costs 2650gp to make.

2650/250 = 10.6. And for the last time it's 10.6gp to make one Air Rune at Level 99 Runecrafting.

250x15 = 3750gp - Total revenue form selling 250 Air Runes.

3750 (total revenue) - 2650 (total costs) = 1100gp (total profit/loss)

Finally, at 99 Runecrafting paying 2k per Runner, you make 4.4gp for every Air Rune you make, and for every trade you gain 1100gp!

Okay, I'm shattered now so I'm not going to write anymore for today.

If this is a popular topic then maybe later I'll include higher Runecrafting Levels (66, 77, 88, 99) and the added cost of if you buy your own Essence.

If any of the figures are wrong, or you would like to contribute anything then please feel free and I'll credit you in this guide.

Thank You, Um Bong0 ::' *falls asleep*

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good guide, just tell me at what level I can profit when buying my ess lol.

wdfawasdfalokistrikesif2.png

Thanks to Fally|Thor for the sig :Wub:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

3636 to 99 fletching on Katakid1 date unknown

#13,300 to 99 range on April 2nd, 2008

#14,323 to 99 mage on May 18th, 2008

99/99 mage

99/99 range

94/90 hp

75/88 str

nice guide.. now i realise i dont really lose tons of money by helper

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Good guide, just tell me at what level I can profit when buying my ess lol

If your 66 runecrafting buy the ess at 25 each sell the airs at 15 each and you should break even so... 77+ to make a profit by buying ur own ess(I think every 5gp you can go down 11 levels)(77 at 30 each for essence to break even,25 each at 66, 20 each at 55...)

dont know if it makes sense to you

all skills 60 plus!! (50 summoning)

currently going for first 99, Firemaking in world 130 - grand exchange (west)

Timthegreat4.png

timthegreat4.png

Timthegreat4-Bomboy_55.gif

If your 66 runecrafting buy the ess at 25 each sell the airs at 15 each and you should break even so... 77+ to make a profit by buying ur own ess(I think every 5gp you can go down 11 levels)(77 at 30 each for essence to break even,25 each at 66, 20 each at 55...)

rccalcmg2.png

if you buy your ess 5 gp cheaper youll have 25x 5 gp more profit, when you are paying the runners 2500 and not 2000 it will cost 500 gp more, when you are selling the airs for 20 each and not for 15 each youll have 25 x ... x 5 more profit...

you also may use this for your guide... and you didnt calculate the ess in your calculation...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

rccalcmg2.png

if you buy your ess 5 gp cheaper youll have 25x 5 gp more profit, when you are paying the runners 2500 and not 2000 it will cost 500 gp more, when you are selling the airs for 20 each and not for 15 each youll have 25 x ... x 5 more profit...

you also may use this for your guide... and you didnt calculate the ess in your calculation...

Oooooh nice table =p

I'll add it in a bit later, may change the format and break it up but I'll credit you of course, thank you ::'

And in the guide I said I'm assuming that you Mine your own Essence, but will add a second part on all the calculations for buying Rune Essence.

Um Bong0 ::'

Oooooh nice table =p

I'll add it in a bit later, may change the format and break it up but I'll credit you of course, thank you ::'

And in the guide I said I'm assuming that you Mine your own Essence, but will add a second part on all the calculations for buying Rune Essence.

Um Bong0 ::'

didnt saw that :) who would mine 100k ess for 70 rc? i think... buy the ess and craft them the old way and sell after is less time then mining 100k ess first...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

I doubt anyone buys air runes nowadays at 15gp each, normally 10gp each I think.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeh, i am finding it hard to sell my air runes at 15 gp ea as well.

And it is hard to sell alot of them as well...

heartogoldcopy1oo5cv.jpg

A big shout-out to o0samurai0o for the awesome sig!!!

Members is hawt

101 Combat

{Live Fast. Die Young. Leave A Good Looking Corpse}

I doubt anyone buys air runes nowadays at 15gp each, normally 10gp each I think.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeh, i am finding it hard to sell my air runes at 15 gp ea as well.

And it is hard to sell alot of them as well...

Exactly what i thought. I had a lot of trouble selling amounts over 100k, found it very hard to get over 10gp per.

99 Ranged F2P achieved 21 November (2961st)

KILLZSIGZ.jpg

No one buys air runes, everyone just crafts them.

Seriously? Heh, quite a broad statement to make a day after I sold 35k Air Runes at 18 each in World 1. ::'

One thing to add, when you go to the altar, may as well fill up the remaining space with un-noted ess, craft your first lot without paying a runner.

Yeah, I do that myself but didn't think to add it :-s

Edited in now and credited to you ::'

Going out now, I'll maybe add more when I'm back, later!

that sounds nice i might start essence running

but air runes sound nice but is there a better f2p essence to run for

Hmm.. Yes there are better F2p Runes you could get, however World 16's Air Runes are the only 'Official' F2p Rune to run for.

Occasionally you might see one high leveled player offering to Craft other Runes (usually Mind Runes) in the same method, but it'd take ages to find one. ::'

Just a few things I'd like to say (not criticising)

This is a very good guide :)

I used this method for 1 day only, but I burned through 17k ess in 4 hours and went from 56 rc to 60. Cost me 1.7mil and came out with about 100k airs.

This is the FASTEST XP in f2p runecraft.

A couple of things though. To be an official crafter, you should wear black priest robes, according to the company. Also, you should be paying 2.5k per run. There are always people trying to pay less, but principle says I would always pay the 2.5k, as I'm using the company. No need to actually APPLY, seeing as the thread would be on the forums accessible to members only. Just turn up with your black clothes, tiara and lots of ess and money :D

It would be good to use a table for the profitablilty too, someone elses good suggestion

runemsanta,ishepp.gif

89/99 farming

To be an official crafter, you should wear black priest robes, according to the company.

The World 16 Air Crafting Company isn't anywhere near as formal as the World 66 Law Crafters who must wear Teak coloured Robes to be part of the team. However in World 16 there's no official dress and there's no need to sign up to be part of the Crafting team either.

Also, you should be paying 2.5k per run. There are always people trying to pay less, but principle says I would always pay the 2.5k, as I'm using the company.

Hmm.. the amount you offer to pay depends on the amount of other Crafters there, if you go when World 16 isn nearly full at around 7pm BST then there's going to be a huge amount of Crafters, but very few would go over 2k. If you can only Craft when there's a lots of other Crafters, ge3t an edge over them by offering 2.1k/2.2k. Offering 2.5k per trade is a bit of a waste..

If there's very few people in the Altar I often just offer 1k or 1.5k per trade, supply and demand.

How much rc xp does that system give per hour?

I've never measured the amount of Xp before entering the Altar and again once I'm done so I can't be too sure. If you take 1k Essence (which equals 5k Runecrafting Xp[1 Air Rune is 5xp]) in and just see how long it takes to get used up and you'll have an answer :-w Or look from other people's Xp;

I used this method for 1 day only, but I burned through 17k ess in 4 hours and went from 56 rc to 60. Cost me 1.7mil and came out with about 100k airs.

cool guide

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010