~~Mini guide for low loss Runecrafting! Using abyss?~~

kingmerik888

A FIRST guide by Kingmerik999~~Raziel~~

(i couldnt think of a better name for the title)

Hello this is an easy guide to Less risky Runecrafting, using the abyss, i use this way of RCing whenever i choose to rc

This is for high (lvl 44+ rcing!) Runecrafting! or there will be less profit!

[hide=Requirements]Requirements!

Mage of zammy miniquest (to use abyss)

High defence (enough for black dhide)

Elemental workshop (not required! elemental shields are easier to replace if you die with this done however)

70+ range is highly recommended for black d hide

An AXE! (note! not a pickaxe!)

and one huge difference from newbie runecrafting (normal Rcing 8-))

Desert Treasure Completed[/hide]

[hide=possibility]

Hypothetical: You're a happy runecrafter, glory around neck.. rune pick in hand. and you're on your 20th run, no rc pkers in sight when

Omg! im an ice cube! you get hit for 30 damage, then dds speced 20 25 before you can get to your glory and teleport away!

Youre in falador (or lummy) now, with nothing since you were skulled. :boohoo: Black dhide + glory = ~150k loss and your pouches! are gone!

[/hide]

My solutions

With my way of runecrafting you have a higher chance of getting away

and cutting off 50k from your death pile! :D

[hide=setup]

Heres my inventory setup for MY rcing

invy.jpg

Laws, Airs, Fires, Ess and full medium, large, and small pouches

40 runes crafted per trip \:D/

EEW WTF? laws? airs? fires? what is this varrok tele? il have to walk all the way back to edge!!!

wait a minute..... 2 laws per teleport.. could it be..yes YES its.. its!

PADDEWWA TELEPORT you may be asking.. what is paddewwa? its the beginning of edgeville dungeon :P right by the ladder!

i dislike the new abyssal bracelets. they arent as useful as ring of life. as id still lose my pouches if i died which would be more annoying then re-getting the black dhide armor, and a waste of a diamond

[/hide]

[hide=time to rc!]

heres my RCing outfit, which i will explain:

stuff.jpg

Black d hide: awesome defence

boots of lightness: easy to re-get, good spawn, free! and cuts off 4 lbs!

spotty cape: cuts off weight!

elemental shield: wards off noob mage rc pkers

ghost gloves: meh, trying to get rid of em anyway + mage def

snake skin bandana: ehhh.. why not? also good mage def

Adamant woodcut axe: ive got alot from slayer drops lol and its alot easier to re-get an axe then a pick, as axes are smithable!

^^ axes are for tendrils! ^^

Rine of life:self explanatory =;

And i see you've noticed.. no glory?? yup!

i dislike the new abyssal bracelets. they arent as useful as ring of life. as id still lose my pouches if i died which would be more annoying then re-getting the black dhide armor, and a waste of a diamond

All that is about.. maybe 70k tops! big diff eh?[/hide]

Now for the good stuff!

Reasons to do this way:

cheaper if you die! there are rc pkers out there, and they look for rune picks and glories! this eliminates that risk! why would a pker go after someone without a glory or a pickaxe?

you have a 1 click teleport! if you're getting maged, teleport right back to paddewwa! heal up/drink some anti and you're ready to go!

and [minor sarcasm] mage exp from the teleport! :XD: [/minor sarcasm]

if you DO die, and some people do bring their ectophial, you have to tele kharyll (or varrok. even worse!) and walk all the way back to port phasmateys to reget it

And the minor downfalls :o

only 40 runes crafted / trip (for me. some people have higher rc :-#) instead of 43

the distance some belive is soooo unbearably longer then the edge teleport, id rather save 50k then walk a few more spaces tbh.

it costs 50 laws per thousand runes crafted. im not going to say thats no biggy as it is for some people. but if you can afford to lose the glory, instead of the 50 laws / 1k ess. hey, go for it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, Love it, Rate it, or absolutely hate it!

A first guide by ~~Raziel~~ aka Kingmerik999

kingmerik999.png

Tis the great kingmerik!

Nice guide Raziel,

Lots of money can be saved using this method ::'

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Nice guide

[hide= a few possible additions/notes]Helm, the bear helm is completely free after completing mountain daughter and you can get as many as you want (using the drop and ask technique).

Mith pickaxe has no wieght (this is worth noting as you are running more as you not using glorys.

Necklace/ammy, you could use a def ammy or a games necklace (in case you forget to your restock runes).

Ring, you can use a ring of duelling and bank at cwars, glory to edgeville bank the glory and do a run.[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Nice guide

[hide= a few possible additions/notes]Helm, the bear helm is completely free after completing mountain daughter and you can get as many as you want (using the drop and ask technique).

Mith pickaxe has no wieght (this is worth noting as you are running more as you not using glorys.

Necklace/ammy, you could use a def ammy or a games necklace (in case you forget to your restock runes).

Ring, you can use a ring of duelling and bank at cwars, glory to edgeville bank the glory and do a run.[/hide]

1: bear head is nice, im not adding though

2: go buy as many mith axes as you want, or il smith as many steel - mith axes as i want

3: phoenix / no necklace, im trying to MINIMIZE the loss here <.<

4: your last idea wastes more time LOL

kingmerik999.png

Tis the great kingmerik!

I've never been rcpked after crafting 10k nats. Let's look at some numbers:

1. I get 2 more nats a run. (I have a teletab in my inv)

2. Your method costs 630 gp per run, so 16 gp per ess. over 10k nats, that is 160k wasted on this method. So if you die less than once every 10k nats you craft, this isn't the method for you.

nh.jpg

Stilldon't undstand axes. Also, i used to do it this way, but I used more runes then EVEN if I died. I also bring a teletab, so the second I get ice cubed, im gone. If they TB me, I just run behind trees, then run. Also, you SHOULD ware the nome def ammy, or def ammy.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I think it's a better idea to use a lot of armour and a glory. Full Karils, granite shield, mith pick, boots of lightness and spottier cape, Karamja Gloves 3, ring of life and a glory. Carrying a saradomin brew in my inventory, I can heal if I absolutely need to, and the gloves let me teleport out. With that setup, as long as you teleport as soon as you're frozen/entangled, you should never die. Makes it faster overall because you'll die without much armour, and getting pouches back is a pain.

Then again, if you don't have many glories, this method can work pretty well. It just seems that you'll die too often not having much armour or something to heal with.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

I've never been rcpked after crafting 10k nats. Let's look at some numbers:

1. I get 2 more nats a run. (I have a teletab in my inv)

2. Your method costs 630 gp per run, so 16 gp per ess. over 10k nats, that is 160k wasted on this method. So if you die less than once every 10k nats you craft, this isn't the method for you.

1) how many glories do you have? if you have a good 20+ like some good rcers, good for you \'

this is for people who dont want to spend 50kx and arent rcing ALOT, and who cares about 160k if you're rcing 3m worth of nats? <.<

2) you get 2 more nats per run, omg thats alot my way makes it an even 50 laws per 1k nats crafted.

Stilldon't undstand axes. Also, i used to do it this way, but I used more runes then EVEN if I died. I also bring a teletab, so the second I get ice cubed, im gone. If they TB me, I just run behind trees, then run. Also, you SHOULD ware the nome def ammy, or def ammy.

Meh, wear w/e ammy you want. axes are smithable, unlike pickaxes. so its easier to re-get if you lose.

I think it's a better idea to use a lot of armour and a glory. Full Karils, granite shield, mith pick, boots of lightness and spottier cape, Karamja Gloves 3, ring of life and a glory. Carrying a saradomin brew in my inventory, I can heal if I absolutely need to, and the gloves let me teleport out. With that setup, as long as you teleport as soon as you're frozen/entangled, you should never die. Makes it faster overall because you'll die without much armour, and getting pouches back is a pain.

Then again, if you don't have many glories, this method can work pretty well. It just seems that you'll die too often not having much armour or something to heal with.

+1 ^, remember this is minimalist set up, less loss if you die. if your fine bringing 600k+ into wild, be my guest!

i dont have many glories, and i can almost craft laws. so 950 laws per 1k ess is still a profit

kingmerik999.png

Tis the great kingmerik!

You should write something along the lines of:

GO MINE SOME CLAY AND MAKE SOME TELETABS!!!!!!

And...

USE HOUSE TELETABS AWAYS, AND USE THE GLORY IN YOUR HOUSE TO GET BACK TO EDGEVILLE!!!!!

If you don't have a glory in your house, search forums for someone offereing house services, then make your house there, and go to his house to use the glory there.

BUT HONESTLY, YOU MAKE 100'S OF K AN HOUR, IT WILL COST LIKE 200-250K TO GE TO THE LEVEL NEEDED!!!!!

no i have not found a way to express anoyance without using capitals...

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

very nice guide :| raziel is holding my family and cats hostage at gunpoint

however, i would say while this isn't the most common, it really isn't not that uncommon of a method to use if you are short of glories :S

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

ty, and a note to some people who cant read :wink:

its for LOW LOSS runecrafting. incase you do die.

It's not that I can't read, it's that you should be able to avoid dying entirely if you do it right. However, if you don't have many glories, this is probably the best idea (teleporting to your house constantly isn't a good idea, which I learned from experience).

Also, you should have something in your inventory to heal; if you get entangled and teleblocked, the pker will use DDS specs and you're pretty much dead if you can't heal. Saradomin brews are best since they heal 60+ per 4-dose potion and 3-dose pots are 4k each; also, you shouldn't need to use them too often, they're just in case of emergency.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

okay then?

You should add something to heal in your inventory; it's saved me multiple times, and you can't always teleport out. (That's what I was trying to say; I can get long-winded sometimes)

MischlingsSH.png